The Quad Club - Who Are Members? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

The Quad Club - Who Are Members?

antmanb

Record Breaker
:agree: ITA, Caroline Zhang - of course MANY other Ladies too - would already be a member of the 3a club if practice counted.

Really? I hadn't heard of Zhang landing a triple axel in practice.

Ant

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Really? I hadn't heard of Zhang landing a triple axel in practice.

Ant

There is one clip on YouTube, and I read in comments somewhere she felt she has done it clean "a couple of times." It was a "get a clue about Caroline and not assume day" for SeaniBu.;) If I remember where I read it, I will post it.

eta...I went to get the vid and I can't find it on YouTube. It may not have been there. I'll try a couple other spots.

I can't find it, someone sent me the link or it is in a thread somewhere here or FSU, and it was more then 5 days ago for it is not in my history. It had to have been someone here at GS. Please help me! Who was it? It was less then 30 seconds and it just showed her try, didn't look clean, and the coach says, "..that was pretty good.." video ended.

Last edited:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
There is one clip on YouTube, and I read in comments somewhere she felt she has done it clean "a couple of times."
There's a clip of Mirai Nagasu attempting a triple axel in practice in December 2006 on youtube, but the jump is underrotated - perhaps that's what you're remembering? I don't recall hearing anything about Caroline Zhang attempting or landing triple axels in practice, though.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
There's a clip of Mirai Nagasu attempting a triple axel in practice in December 2006 on youtube, but the jump is underrotated - perhaps that's what you're remembering? I don't recall hearing anything about Caroline Zhang attempting or landing triple axels in practice, though.

That is why I couldn't find it!:banging: Likely where I read the comment too. Sorry everyone.

Thank you Sylvia!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Now that 40 thru 44 are irrelevant due to my pathetic memory (who says teenage drug use doesn't hurt, SeaniBu living proof!) I would like to "ratify" my previous comment....

Unless one can do CLEAN quad in competition, don't think he/she is qualified to be quad club member. Didn't Verner land quad in competition as well?
:agree: :agree: ITA, Mirai Nagasu - of course MANY other Ladies too - would already be a member of the 3a club if practice counted.

:laugh: Again I apologize.:bow: :bow: :bow:

decker

On the Ice
Ah, yes ... the good old days when we thought our brain cells would last forever. No matter what we did to them.

Bostonskater gets the gold star for memory. I somehow managed to forget that Johnny rotated 2 quads at Calgary Worlds. I found the protocols, and there they are! Negative GOE so I assume he fell or two-footed.

I have 2 memories of the entire LP trauma. He fell face down on (I think) a triple flip, and I really wasn't sure he'd get up without help. Then he had another spasm and got temporarily stuck in his bow.

Susan

debdelilah

On the Ice
Unless one can do CLEAN quad in competition, don't think he/she is qualified to be quad club member. Didn't Verner land quad in competition as well?

Verner landed 2 quads in the free skate at Czech Nationals in December--those were his first in competition. One was part of a 4-2, but the other wasn't clean.

Kasey

Medalist
Well, since Lutai, Dobrin, Klimkin and Griazev have all at least attempted quads in competition this season, I would think the two Russians (whichever two they are) that go to worlds would attempt them....although with the possible exception of Dobrin, I think it would be only attempted in the LP.

There are some skaters headed into Tokyo that have no choice but to attempt the quad at Worlds even if it is at only 50 percent at practice. The jump is now mainstream just like the Bielman Spin.

Given excellent skates in Tokyo, the podium finishers will all have completed quads in their routines.

Joe