The Seasoned Vets Still Have It | Golden Skate

The Seasoned Vets Still Have It

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I watched the World Team Challenge and part of the Ice Wars competition tonight and I have to say it is still a real treat to watch the pros. Kurt Browning is still amazing to watch. I also loved Sale and Pelletiers' program.

It's great to watch all the new kids on the block developing their style and hitting the stage as it were, but at the same time to see these skaters still working diligently as ever and laying down some great programs is a thrill.

They may not be attempting quads, and only the odd triple but who cares? The great edge and footwork executed is a joy to watch. Also it's wonderful to watch the skaters concentrate more on their artistry and worry less about landing big jumps.

I like to see them having fun and finding the joy in their skating. Really enjoyed both programs!!

I was only able to view Ice Wars (the challenge is not on any stations I get with cable as far as I know--boo hiss).
I totally agree with your assessment that the "old" pros still have it....and thensome!!!!
Ice Wars was totally enjoyable to watch!!!
Anyone who knows me thru the skating boards, knows I am a lover of the edging, extension and beautiful quality in skating that doesn't involve jump after jump after jump! I'd rather see someone execute a beautiful double landed with a gorgeous run-out than a poorly executed triple or quad anyday!

S

SkateFan4Life

I really enjoyed "Ice Wars", too. Although, Ladskater, why is it that you always mention only the Canadian skaters? Many of us enjoy performances by skaters from all over the world, not just from our particular home country. After all, figure skating is a global sport. ;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
perhaps Lad mentions those she's watched "grow up" in teh sport?

my dad said the only reason to keep watching Ice Wars was Kurt and Boitano... and he said that it was a good thing it was girls vs guys... cuz Kurt kicked Boitano's butt...

I thought they were more of a tie, but hey my whole family is Kurt obsessed (it's not a bad thing)

as far as I'm concerned, Elvis was not needed lol He was, by far, the least interesting... but he's not an "old pro" anyway... Alexei has been deemed the heir apparent, but don't get my dad started on his footwork... I swear I can hear him yelling (still!) from here and he's 3 hours away :laugh:

Yuka Sato's 2nd program that Kurt choreographed was soooooooooooo awesome... you could totally see Kurt's influence, but she made it her own...

If this trully is Boitano's last Ice Wars... well... he's leaving far too soon.

This was probably one of the better Ice Wars we've had in a good long while...

as I said in another thread... give me the "old pros" anyday... (especially if Kurt's in tight leather pants... yum! :love: )