Ticket | Golden Skate

Ticket

iceflyer65

Spectator
For 4CC at Taiwan, the tickets apparently is free. I went to 2016 4CC and I was surprise to find out that tickets are requested online. You have to keep track the date of release for online booking. Last 4CC has a few time slot for booking. Please log in to 4CC website for more information. Hope you can have a fun time at 4CC 2018.

indakhila

Spectator
Thank you for the information!! Just onr more question! What the name of 4 continents 2018 website?
Thank you

iceflyer65

Spectator
2018 website has not been released yet. 2016 website is http://www.fcc2016taipei.com.tw/, and info seems to be removed . I will keep track the info and let you know as early as possible. I, myself with 3 friends are going to this 2018 4CC. I need to book the tickets as well, however I am not sure whether this time is free or not. As for the recent 2017 World junior figure skating competition held in Taiwan, the tickets are free too. So, lets hope the same for 2018 4CC.

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
2018 website has not been released yet. 2016 website is http://www.fcc2016taipei.com.tw/, and info seems to be removed . I will keep track the info and let you know as early as possible. I, myself with 3 friends are going to this 2018 4CC. I need to book the tickets as well, however I am not sure whether this time is free or not. As for the recent 2017 World junior figure skating competition held in Taiwan, the tickets are free too. So, lets hope the same for 2018 4CC.

Thank you for the information :thank:
I was searching online and looks like they only started to recruit for volunteers to help with the event, no information about the actual event yet. Let's hope the ticket information will be out soon.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
For ticketing to 4CC 2018, it *might* run similarly as WJC 2017, which was also organized by CT-Skating Union.

(Link to the ticketing info from WJC 2017: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?61670-2017-Junior-World-Ticket-Info)

Note that for 2017 WJC, the local Skating Union did change to a different ticketing system. So they worked with local event ticketing handler, and you have to register for the outside ticketing website to request for tickets. The advantage was that, during WJC 2017 you could request specifically for seat assignments, so it was no longer that a section/zone was assigned and the seating was first come first serve. The tickets were still free, but to pick up tickets required additional handling fee (which would be as cheap as 1 or 2 US dollars). IIRC, they also had a link for foreigners to register for tickets, so they can pick up tickets after arriving in Taiwan (for the local audiences, the tickets have to be picked up like within 0.5 hr of signing up or the tickets would be returned to the system.)

Last year the official website (with ticket info) to WJC was announced in late Nov. But junior world was held in mid Mar. And 4CC 2018 will be earlier in Jan next year. It is possible that the official website will be ready by early Oct (based on the experience from 4CC 2016). So just wait patiently for another month or so...

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Thanks cohkaix ~ They are very helpful information!

It's really hard to guess who will be going to four continents :scratch:, it's roughly 2 weeks before Olympic (figure skating team event), some skaters might want to rest and completely focus on training for Oly, while others might want to carry the competitive spirit and momentum into Oly.

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
According to the 4CC First Information document on the ISU website, ticketing will be the same as for past 4CCs. No admission fee, but ticket registration is required. The document says the ticket site will be available by the end of October.

It is unlikely that any Olympic team members will compete in Taipei. However, with the depth of skating in various disciplines in countries such as Canada, China, Japan and USA the quality of the skating should be quite high.

If I'm shut out of GPF tickets :( I plan to attend 4CC. It's a really fun event, there are many hotels in walking distance of arena, and there is no better city to visit than Taipei! I've been to Taipei three times and even if I go to GPF will stop in Taipei for a visit. :)

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
According to the 4CC First Information document on the ISU website, ticketing will be the same as for past 4CCs. No admission fee, but ticket registration is required. The document says the ticket site will be available by the end of October.

It is unlikely that any Olympic team members will compete in Taipei. However, with the depth of skating in various disciplines in countries such as Canada, China, Japan and USA the quality of the skating should be quite high.

If I'm shut out of GPF tickets :( I plan to attend 4CC. It's a really fun event, there are many hotels in walking distance of arena, and there is no better city to visit than Taipei! I've been to Taipei three times and even if I go to GPF will stop in Taipei for a visit. :)

Yes, tickets for NHK trophy and GPF tickets are a tough battle field :palmf:

Agree, even Olympic team members might not attend, skaters who were not elected in national team would attend the event, and it would be fun to watch, I guess some top skaters who are completing in junior cycle and age qualify might want to go too :)

Jaycoolza

Rinkside
im going as well , im no luck with GPF and i know all the top athletes usually dont attend 4cc before olympic but surely the rest of non-olympic team will be there and there will be a lot of amazing athletes to watch.

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Does any one have the timetable of the 4CC 2018? I remember I have saw a draft one in the announcement of 4CC, but I can't find it after the ISU updated their website. Many thanks.

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Official website of 4CC 2018@Taipei City: http://www.fcc2018taipei.com

The schedule of the event: http://www.fcc2018taipei.com/event-schedule/

NB: Ticket is 'Coming Soon': http://www.fcc2018taipei.com/ticket/

Thanks cohkaix (again) ~ Hopefully the arrangement for ticket will be out soon.

Do you think Shoma will go? (I am not the biggest fan of Shoma, but seems like he likes going to competition back to back, to keep his momentum for the season. It would be lovely to see him there)

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Do you think Shoma will go? (I am not the biggest fan of Shoma, but seems like he likes going to competition back to back, to keep his momentum for the season. It would be lovely to see him there)

It would be lovely to have Shoma at 4CC next year. I'd love to watch his Turandot live again. However, since the ending of Nebelhorn Trophy I've been thinking that the chance for Shoma to get to 4CC is slimmer...Why? Now Team Japan may enter the team competition in Pyeongchang, and it's more likely Shoma may be assigned to the team competition. If that would be the case, it could be that Shoma'd choose to skip 4CC, given that 4CC and the team event are less than 2 wks apart...

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I inquired as to when the OC expected ticket registration to be open. Here is their reply:

"Greetings from the Chinese Taipei Skating Union.

The ticket sales information for ISU Four Continents Championships 2018 will be available around 1st week of November. Please pay attention to our website by end of October."

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Thanks for the links. Ticket pick-up process seems overly complicated--12 pages of instructions! Does anyone know if each day's tickets have to be handled separately (one ticket retrieval sequence number per day) or if one retrieval number will cover all the tickets?

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Thanks for the links. Ticket pick-up process seems overly complicated--12 pages of instructions! Does anyone know if each day's tickets have to be handled separately (one ticket retrieval sequence number per day) or if one retrieval number will cover all the tickets?

IIRC, based on the experience from JWC-2017, it will be handled separately under different retrieval numbers. Note also that in the instruction, they separate competitions of each day into 'morning' and 'afternoon' ones. So supposedly the morning competitions on a certain day that you request for will have its own set of retrieval numbers, and afternoon competitions another set. And each retrieval will be charged for handling fees separately.

(NB: that was based on experience as local participants, and as far as I know there's another system for ticketing by oversea participants. So I'm nor sure if there's any difference.)