Ticket | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ticket

Jaycoolza

Rinkside
inquiry

Finally the ticketing has been updated in the official website:
http://www.fcc2018taipei.com/ticket/

*Please remember to use the code OVERSEASFC2018 when requesting tickets from overseas!

may i ask, if there will be tickets exchange 1-2 hour before the game time just like 4cc 2016. I have tickets but the all of them are far away in the horrible zone so i wish to be able to get a new one like last time.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
may i ask, if there will be tickets exchange 1-2 hour before the game time just like 4cc 2016. I have tickets but the all of them are far away in the horrible zone so i wish to be able to get a new one like last time.

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be tickets exchanging this time. They make it quite clear on the ticket requesting page:
'No tickets will be available on site during the competition period.'

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Are tickets gone? I just went on the site and see nothing to click to purchase tickets.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Are tickets gone? I just went on the site and see nothing to click to purchase tickets.

Just checked the website @ 14:15 pm local time. So far tickets to 1/27 (Sat.) are running out (Men's FS/Gala Ex).

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Thanks! Finally realized that what I had to click to get access to tickets was not in English. Men's Free and Gala Sold out. I wonder if at some point they will make the upper level available?

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
At some point after Men's and Gala was sold out, the site started to show very limited availability. Every time I clicked on seats, was told that nothing is available. I persisted for almost an hour and finally got Men's Free. No Gala though.

Can't remember which side the judges are on. I thought Red, but just as easily could be Purple :)

There is no one to blame but myself for my ticket issues. I'm currently at Skate Canada and forgot that the time zone here is two hours earlier than my home time zone when calculating the on sale time. I logged in at Midnight instead of 10:00 pm. :drama:

Jaycoolza

Rinkside
At some point after Men's and Gala was sold out, the site started to show very limited availability. Every time I clicked on seats, was told that nothing is available. I persisted for almost an hour and finally got Men's Free. No Gala though.

Can't remember which side the judges are on. I thought Red, but just as easily could be Purple :)

There is no one to blame but myself for my ticket issues. I'm currently at Skate Canada and forgot that the time zone here is two hours earlier than my home time zone when calculating the on sale time. I logged in at Midnight instead of 10:00 pm. :drama:

actually men free was sold out by 30 minutes, I was on the computer at the beginning and still i could not get any ticket from red or purple zone. I feel quite disappointed but at least I get all tickets i need. according to my memory on 4cc2016 judges is at the purple side so every time skater finish his routine they will face to purple area(if the color zone has not change) i remember it very well coz the purple area was always half empty and that was the big disappointment during 4cc2016 for me.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Some clarifications:

* yes, the judges are set up on the purple side
* The reason why some tickets were sold out at first and some were available later on after about 1 hr: for local participants, we have to pick up the tickets within 1 hr after registering for them. If the tickets were not picked up within the time frame, they would be canceled by the system and the tickets will be released back to the system.
* (This is based on personal experience): if you want to have seats to the front, it's better to let the computer generate the seats for you, instead of switching to manual selection. I'm guessing the system has been set up in a way that computer generated selections have priority over manual selections.

Jaycoolza

Rinkside
Some clarifications:

* yes, the judges are set up on the purple side
* The reason why some tickets were sold out at first and some were available later on after about 1 hr: for local participants, we have to pick up the tickets within 1 hr after registering for them. If the tickets were not picked up within the time frame, they would be canceled by the system and the tickets will be released back to the system.
* (This is based on personal experience): if you want to have seats to the front, it's better to let the computer generate the seats for you, instead of switching to manual selection. I'm guessing the system has been set up in a way that computer generated selections have priority over manual selections.

that is the point i realized after several minutes of trying to manually select seat. I kept trying and the page keep sending me the same message. After i figured it out everything left was the yellow zone ticket. Im sure taiwan will host many events to come so this is a big lesson learnt for me.

thank you to you now i can figure out an alternative way to get ticket. since local participant need to buy it within one hour and oversea participant need to pick up the ticket before 11am on the specified date, so on the day of the competition at 11am sharp any ticket that hasnt been picked will be available to book and purchase within one hour. I hope my assumption is right LOL

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Also to add: somehow I suspect not all sections on the 2nd floor have been opened up for ticket requesting. For the red and purple zones, only two sections from each side had been opened up on Oct. 27. My understanding is that, one section on the purple side (purple-2-C) will be reserved for ISU officials, and one section on the yellow side (yellow-2-A, as shown to be 'sold out') will be reserved for skaters. As for the rest, they should be accessible to all.

So I wrote an email to CT-figure skating union to check on this. And the reply I got was:'Please kindly pay attention to the Official Website for any updated information.' Well, at least they didn't say anything such as 'no, the rest will not be open up for ticket requesting.' But the answer is also quite vague, so that I'm guessing there may be a second phase of ticket releasing. I'll try to update on this if I catch any news from local fans.

DarR

Rinkside
Could I confirm if tickets meant for people from overseas start with 0400...? Thanks!

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
CT-federation has updated info about 2nd stage of ticket requesting: http://www.figureskating.com.tw/?p=2537

Copying and pasting the message as follow:
'The next stage for the ticket will be available as of December 7. Please pay attention to our official website for details. No tickets will be available on site during the competition period. Spectators must obtain the tickets from "tixCraft official website" in advance.'

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I stopped in Taipei on my way to Nagoya for the GPF and went to 7 Eleven to pick up my 4CC tickets. The process is pretty tedious, but not hard as long as you have a printed copy of the pickup instructions with you. I had an English speaking young man who worked in the store assisting me. One thing he did notice was a warning that once bar coded receipts are printed from the Ibon terminal, you have ten minutes to complete your purchase (service charge payment and printing of actual tickets at the checkout register). I decided rather than rush, I’d do my pickup in three separate transactions. It didn’t take very long and I’m glad I have my tickets in hand.

I’m trying to be helpful so hope I haven’t confused anyone :)

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
FYI: the ticket system is opened up as of now https://tixcraft.com/activity/detail/2018_ISU

It looks like for the 2nd phase of ticket releasing, one section to the purple zone and the blue zones (on the 2nd floor) are opened up for requesting.

So right now the tickets to the last days' competitions (Men's FS, Gala Ex) are opened up for ticketing...good luck!

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
In case anyone is interested: I have two extra tickets to men's SP (Jan. 25th), these two tickets are *NOT* next to each other but both on 2F, purple zone (one in D and one in E section) behind the judges. Please feel free to PM me if you'd like to have the ticket.

NB: It turns out both tickets are now under request from local friends, so I won't have extra ticket anymore.

lvy

Spectator
In case anyone is interested, I have

1 extra - 2018/01/25 (四) 11:50 - 紅2E區 / 12排27號 - Pickup Serial Number V3WWGT3006 / Pickup No. 04058195
1 extra - 2018/01/27 (六) 12:30 - 黃2B區 / 14排24號 - Pickup Serial Number YNG4JZ3082 / Pickup No. 04001952
1 extra - 2018/01/27 (六) 18:00 - 黃2B區 / 13排27號 - Pickup Serial Number 2JMTP23083 / Pickup No. 04001687