Tickets and seating at Helsinki Ice Hall | Golden Skate

Tickets and seating at Helsinki Ice Hall

Flossy

Spectator
Has anyone got any advice about best sections and rows in the Ice Hall as I am hoping to get tickets.
Is rink side close to Ice better or slightly further back. I have never been to a FS Competition but realistically there may not be much choice in this case.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Has anyone got any advice about best sections and rows in the Ice Hall as I am hoping to get tickets.
Is rink side close to Ice better or slightly further back. I have never been to a FS Competition but realistically there may not be much choice in this case.

I wouldn't really recommend sitting in the first row. I was sitting a little further back e.g. around 6 row in Milan and I think it was perfect, we tried seating in empty first row seats for a little while and I have to say I hated it because there was a barrier right in the middle, where your eyes are and I had to move all the time to see anything. But of course everybody has their own prefecences :) I was recommended on this forum to try various seats for each event to see what works for me and I did exactly that. We even sat on a high balcony once (due to lack of golden tickets) but it was also very painful, no visibility whatsoever, so I recommend you doing the same if you can :) try different rows and sections, you may like the 1st row. Just bear in mind it might be really cold in the first few rows, in Milan it was warm in general but I also attended an Ice Show once and sat in the first row and almost freezed to death despite having thick winter clothes.
As for the Ice Hall arena I wouldn't know because I was never there. In Milan we were seated in the side sections and it had its perks (no need to follow the skater with your entire head from left to right and vice versa all the time) but I have a hunch the center ones were better, they were just sold out. I was told that generally 6-10 row in the center section (in front of the judges) are great and I am planning to check them out ;)

Also, see you in Finland if we manage to buy ticekts :)

glam

On the Ice
Does anyone know when will they start selling the individual tickets? Those ticket packages seem quite expensive.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
are all the gold tickets gone already?! please tell me that they will sell more...:pray:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
are all the gold tickets gone already?! please tell me that they will sell more...:pray:

From what they've said on Yuzu's thread, all the available gold silver and bronze went in 15 minutes flat. And they weren't cheap...

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
From what they've said on Yuzu's thread, all the available gold silver and bronze went in 15 minutes flat. And they weren't cheap...

Well I wanted to buy anyway... :( I mixed up the dates, thought the 1st is tomorrow... so now I just gotta hope somebody will sell :(

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well I wanted to buy anyway... :( I mixed up the dates, thought the 1st is tomorrow... so now I just gotta hope somebody will sell :(

I will keep my fingers crossed (which will make typing interesting, but still...) for all members trying to get tickets there and at Yuzu's other - COR, was it?

psvorada

Spectator

Actually some/all gold tickets came to sale later (20 minutes ago), I managed to snatch one for myself in 4th row. Maybe there will be some more to come.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Actually some/all gold tickets came to sale later (20 minutes ago), I managed to snatch one for myself in 4th row. Maybe there will be some more to come.

I am F5ing the site non stop :p you gave me hope ;)

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
I will keep my fingers crossed (which will make typing interesting, but still...) for all members trying to get tickets there and at Yuzu's other - COR, was it?

Yup, it's COR :) If I'm unsuccessful with Helsinki, I'll try COR.

Edit:
See you in Helsinki guys :love: section B3, row 5 :)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Oh yay!!! I am glad for you all :clapper:

somelikeitpink

On the Ice
We got bronze tickets (just barely. At like... 8:02), but my god this was crazy.

Literally most tickets were swept up immediately.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I was almost to get a good seat, but somebody was quicker. I allowed the machine select the seat and I got bronze. Not favourite place, but at least something. In Finland many people, as I, began work just when the sales started, and I was not able to buy ticket before I got home. So I think during evening locla time, now it is about 17.00, they will sold out when people come home from work. I cannot (=do not want to) use my bank account at work.

Rissa

Record Breaker
I was almost to get a good seat, but somebody was quicker. I allowed the machine select the seat and I got bronze. Not favourite place, but at least something. In Finland many people, as I, began work just when the sales started, and I was not able to buy ticket before I got home. So I think during evening locla time, now it is about 17.00, they will sold out when people come home from work. I cannot (=do not want to) use my bank account at work.

How would you go about selling your spare tickets in Finland? Is there a resale site?

I've got 2 tickets for sale (Category 1 - B3 Row 11) because I bought better ones.

glam

On the Ice
The individual tickets will be on sale in October, if anything is left. Which means that there will be only bad seats available then. All the best seats are already sold out because of Yuzuru, which means that there will be a lot empty seats in many other disciplines except the men's but you can't buy any tickets for those seats. It's a shame that they couldn't reserve any individual tickets for those who can't afford spending hundreds of euros to this event.

karenkk

Spectator
I have a spare full event ticket for sale at original price - Block D5, Row 2. Please DM me if interested.

Upnights

On the Ice
Does anyone know when will they start selling the individual tickets? Those ticket packages seem quite expensive.

I have 2 Lower Bowl all-event passes (B3, Row 12). I’m selling each ticket, each session, individually, price negotiable. Please message me if anyone’s interested.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I got some silver tickets last night, row 11. I am so excited! Besides Hanyu and Zagitova, the ice dance line-up looks pretty good!