Tickets | Golden Skate

Tickets

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Did they say which venue?
The venue is Taipei Arena.

Based on prior skating events the official hotel should be the Illume. Also, I’ve attended two Four Continents and one WTF (Women’s tennis) competitions at Taipei Arena and the tickets for these were all free of charge.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
The venue is Taipei Arena.

Based on prior skating events the official hotel should be the Illume. Also, I’ve attended two Four Continents and one WTF (Women’s tennis) competitions at Taipei Arena and the tickets for these were all free of charge.
Thank you, much appreciated!

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Just got to see the info here: Yes, I think the Venue is Taipei Arena (same as 4CC 2014 & 2018), as the ISU officers had been inspecting the arena for JWC2014 (info from the CT-skating union).
And according to the previous experience, tickets are most likely all free of charge, as the events will go through the application to Taipei City government as some type of charity event. So the CTSU doesn't have to pay (or will pay minimum) for using the venue.

As a local participant, I'll try to update the info about requesting tickets when it is announced.

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Just got to see the info here: Yes, I think the Venue is Taipei Arena (same as 4CC 2014 & 2018), as the ISU officers had been inspecting the arena for JWC2014 (info from the CT-skating union).
And according to the previous experience, tickets are most likely all free of charge, as the events will go through the application to Taipei City government as some type of charity event. So the CTSU doesn't have to pay (or will pay minimum) for using the venue.

As a local participant, I'll try to update the info about requesting tickets when it is announced.
Thanks for the information @cohkaix. I'm more excited about attending 2024 Jr. Worlds than I am Worlds (but will attend both).

My first visit to Taipei was for 2011 4CC and, at that time, I fell in love with Taiwan. Taipei instantly became my favorite city to visit in the entire world. The culture, people, food, and natural beauty are unmatched. I've been to Taiwan at least ten times since 2011 and even stopped there on my way to 2023 Worlds in Saitama. I can't wait to get back there in February 2024.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada

Thank you! Really appreciate the update! Mom and I are really looking forward to the trip. We've never been before, so it sounds like a fabulous timing plus we love junior worlds.

Last edited:

Blue-Kat

Rinkside

That's great to know, thank you! This may be my first time watching a figure skating competition in person and my first time visiting Taiwan (I would've loved to go for at least one of the other events in Asia earlier in the season, but the dates don't work with when I can take time off work).

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I contacted the federation on Instagram regarding ticket sales. Here is their reply:

“Dear Bonnie, thank you for your interest in the Championships. We will publish the ticket information in late December, 2023 or early January, 2024 on the official website of the event. Please kindly pay attention to https://wjc2024taipei.com/en/home-en/“

It makes me nervous that they are cutting it so close to the event, but I guess it will work out.

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
The ticket link is live on the website. Ordering will open January 16 but prior to day of sale, you must register on the KKTIX website.

I got through the process up to the last step which is verifying your phone number with a code delivered via SMS. I am not receiving the SMS with the verification code. Sent an enquiry to KKTIX Customer Care and am awaiting a response 🤞

I think I see the problem. For some reason the United States country code does not show up properly when selected on the phone number drop down menu. I switched from my laptop to iPad and now the country code displays properly. But I'm told I made too many verification code requests and must wait 24 hours before trying again.

Last edited:

zebobes

Final Flight
Coming to Taiwan for a figure skating competition is a great choice, because you can save you money on tickets and just spend it on housing, food, and transportation, while visiting a great city! I'm excited to have figure skating back in Taiwan!

I will attend as much as I can, though I will have to skip part of the competition because of work.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Information for those who are planning to request tickets:

The seat view can be found here.

(IIRC: only the seats of 2nd floor and above will be open to request <-- I will confirm this later).

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
According to the information here (the official IG account of Chinese Taipei FS), the ticket requesting process has been postponed. And I'm moving the post about requesting tickets from the General Information to the following:

The ticketing info has been updated on the official website:

Ticket info - English
Ticket info - Chinese

So for the competition, all the tickets have to be requested via 'kktix' website only. Note you have to register to verify your phone # and email, before requesting for tickets.

And the ticket request link will be open on Jan 16th, 19th 2024. (@ 12 noon, Taipei time [same as Beijing time])

Also note the time period to get tickets for each category:

Tickets Request Period:

DateSessionOpen PeriodCategory and Segment
February 28th, 2024 (WED)1
1. 2024/1/19 12:00
~2/28 13:20
2. 2024/1/19 12:00
~2/28 21:45
1. Junior Pairs – Short Program
2. Opening Ceremony & Junior Women – Short Program
February 29th, 2024 (THU)3
3. 2024/1/19 12:00
~2/29 18:10
4. 2024/1/19 12:00
~2/29 21:55
3. Junior Men – Short Program
4. Junior Pairs – Free Skating & Victory Ceremony Junior Pairs
March 1st, 2024
(FRI)
5. 2024/1/19 12:00
~ 3/1 16:45
6. 2024/1/19
12:00
~ 3/1 21:40
5. Junior Ice Dance – Rhythm Dance
6. Junior Women – Free Skating & Victory Ceremony Junior Women
March 2nd, 2024
(SAT)
7. 2024/1/19 12:00
~3/2 15:25
8. 2024/1/19 12:00
~ 3/2 20:10
7. Junior Ice Dance – Free Dance & Victory Ceremony Junior Ice Dance
8. Junior Men – Free Skating & Victory Ceremony Junior Men
March 3rd, 2024
(SUN)
99. 2024/1/19 12:00
~ 3/3 17:00
Exhibition Gala

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Here is the link to the official seat map. It's from page 7 of the Media Information booklet on the event website and it only shows second floor seats available. This is usually how it is for a skating event.

Thanks for the info! That's interesting...I remember the judges were at the purple side in the past events. It looks like they make a switch to the opposite this time?

The Taipei Arena only has the 3rd floor seats on one side (the yellow side) and those seats should be available as well. But Yellow zone 3rd floor seats can be a bit far... And not sure why the seats above K&C are blocked:scratch2:

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Yes, I also recall the judges were on purple side. Additionally, there is a viewing screen only at one end, but I don’t remember which end it is. If you sit behind the screen you can’t see any program information, replays, scores, etc.

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
The event is up on the KKTIX website. Though actual ticket requests open on 1/19, the links are operational. Btw, no tickets available in the red seating area which is the judges side.

Skating91

Medalist
If the tickets were released (or at least some kind of information available) two months ago I could have attended this, but it's too late now with 6 weeks notice I long ago made alternative plans (and the process for getting tickets is needlessly complicated).

GP final tickets weren't released until late and then the process was complicated as well. The ISU needs to look into this.

WarmCheers

Rinkside
The ticket link is live on the website. Ordering will open January 16 but prior to day of sale, you must register on the KKTIX website.

I got through the process up to the last step which is verifying your phone number with a code delivered via SMS. I am not receiving the SMS with the verification code. Sent an enquiry to KKTIX Customer Care and am awaiting a response 🤞

I think I see the problem. For some reason the United States country code does not show up properly when selected on the phone number drop down menu. I switched from my laptop to iPad and now the country code displays properly. But I'm told I made too many verification code requests and must wait 24 hours before trying again.
Did you get the SMS message on your phone? I'm running into the same issue not getting the verification code, with several resent requests. I'm in Canada so same +1 country code as US. Wondering if it is the issue?

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Did you get the SMS message on your phone? I'm running into the same issue not getting the verification code, with several resent requests. I'm in Canada so same +1 country code as US. Wondering if it is the issue?
I never did get the verification code via SMS on my phone. I contacted KKTIX customer service through their online link and received an email notifying me that my phone number was verified (this was confirmed when I Iogged into my account).

For sure there is an issue with certain foreign phone numbers and too many resend requests will result in nothing more than 24 hour account freezes. KKTIX is seemingly aware of the problem. The best route to go is through their customer service so they can manually verify.