Tiffani Zagorski & Jonathan Guerreiro | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Tiffani Zagorski & Jonathan Guerreiro

tulosai

Record Breaker
They missed Worlds TES by 0.03 :bang: So close.

They have got the score for Euros though, and I can't see a situation where the Fed would let them go to Worlds, with their only having 2 spots, without their beating someone at Euros for it, so I actually think this is good enough for now. As I posted above the twizzle would have made a real difference, so that is a pity, but at the end of the day if they can't get to Euros or can't get the TES at Euros, I don't think they would have needed the Worlds TES minimum anyway.

tulosai

Record Breaker
These two will compete in the 5th stage of the Russian Cup this week, which probably explains why they are not in Zagreb :)

Mattieu

Medalist
These two will compete in the 5th stage of the Russian Cup this week, which probably explains why they are not in Zagreb :)

Yes, I think they need to do 2 Russian Cup competitions to qualify for Russian Nationals.
Maybe one of our Russian posters can confirm this?

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yes, I think they need to do 2 Russian Cup competitions to qualify for Russian Nationals.
Maybe one of our Russian posters can confirm this?

I think it depends- they have 18 points which is currently enough to qualify them, but I think if they didn't do a second event they'd risk being overtaken.

Mattieu

Medalist
I think it depends- they have 18 points which is currently enough to qualify them, but I think if they didn't do a second event they'd risk being overtaken.

Thanks for the info tulosai. :thumbsup:

I guess it is a bit of a similar system to the Tournoi de France where the solo ice dancers qualify for the finals getting points at each competition.

Mattieu

Medalist
They have been busy with competitions since Zahorski got her release, just a shame they were not International competitions.
Here is a video from the latest Russian cup competition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9smz-SLyyo&feature=youtu.be

They seem to be improving steadily and might just be a dark horse at the hunger games, though the odds are against them but stranger things have happened.
How I wish they were competing for France rather than getting lost in the deep Russian field. :(

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
They have been busy with competitions since Zahorski got her release, just a shame they were not International competitions.
Here is a video from the latest Russian cup competition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9smz-SLyyo&feature=youtu.be

They seem to be improving steadily and might just be a dark horse at the hunger games, though the odds are against them but stranger things have happened.
How I wish they were competing for France rather than getting lost in the deep Russian field. :(

Thanks for posting the video! They look great!