Too good to be true? | Golden Skate

Too good to be true?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
At the same time I agree with Joe, there are deals like that out there all the time. The 3 year warrantee is somewhat of a good assurance - also return shipping, and the way that battery co.s "exceed OEM" is to have any battery cells in sequence which greatly improves performance of batteries just by its self. Also the fact they are lithium polymer are nice and light with no memory - no need to fully drain before recharging to gain max....

Check this info out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_ion_battery

Anyway, I would say it sounds good. And to me not "to good to be true," for most batteries are so over priced, when you see the real "necessary" price it will seem to good to be true.

I run R/C buggies and have went through the procedure of making my own battery using cells. The cost of a battery would be $65 where as I made 2 at $38 for cells and casings, and had the advantage of putting the cells in series to gain better performance - well the 65 dollar ones are as well put in sequence, where as not series' batteries are 35 - 40 dollars for one. It sounds like they are capitalizing on OMEs overcharging (no pun intended.) There are plenty of good deals out there.

Now make sure your charger is capable of or is already charging that type of Lithium battery - which is most likely the case.

I would do it. Providing there isn't going to be the "if you buy this many..." or "if you sign up with our monthly news letter for a fee of..." or something.;) Also what are their shipping fees?

Last edited:
-On internet buying in general, prices vary greatly. I was doing lot of cost comparisons recently and found differentials of almost 30% - but as Seanibu said, shipping costs vary drastically too and almost wiped out the difference in some cases.

There are some cost comparison engines that I find very useful. They come up in any google search.

And personally, I have yet to have an unethical internet shopping experience. And I have purchased from many online stores that I'd never heard of before.

On another note, can anybody recommend a good battery recharger?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
On another note, can anybody recommend a good battery recharger?

Depends on what you are using it for, but basic household handling NiMHs as well - the MAHA MH-C777PlusII. If for R/C the Super Brains from MRC :rock: but I doubt that is what you want.;)

But look for features of trickle charge, timers, auto shut off. Charges more or less are all the same in how they recharge, it is the other features that will improve the performance of the charger and in-turn the battery. And "pionts" that look clean might not be. Rub with an eraser once and a while to ensure max contact.

Remember alkaline have a life span of around 3 years. If you have a blend even, dispose of it after 3 years - includes car batteries.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
If I read the site correctly the shipping, if I use the regular USPS service is free...

but then I don't know if that counts Alaska yet... because apparently the USPS charges companies more to ship to AK (which is a lie that I have called SEVERAL companies on and then I never do business with them again lol)

Joe - I know that normally if it's too good to be true, then it probably is... but it was a 'google approved site' - first one on the search page and everything.

This battery is the one I am looking for, it fits my model of camera... I searched for the exact battery :)

I just don't want to spend millions of dollars on a battery that is supposed to last only an hour (I can push mine for a much longer time) and then find out later I could have gotten it way cheaper.

And if I can get a battery at this price I can get a few of them and then be able to be worry free on our vacation! :D

Depends on what you are using it for, but basic household handling NiMHs as well - the MAHA MH-C777PlusII. If for R/C the Super Brains from MRC :rock: but I doubt that is what you want.;)

But look for features of trickle charge, timers, auto shut off. Charges more or less are all the same in how they recharge, it is the other features that will improve the performance of the charger and in-turn the battery. And "pionts" that look clean might not be. Rub with an eraser once and a while to ensure max contact.

Remember alkaline have a life span of around 3 years. If you have a blend even, dispose of it after 3 years - includes car batteries.
Thanks, Seanibu. You are very knowledgeable!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
read it wrong, it's free shipping over 55 dollars...

oh well I'm buying one just to see what i think... the shipping is really reasonable so here we go!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
will keep everyone in the know

on another board I asked about this there was nothing but praise - though mainly for laptop batteries... so at least it seems to be reputable! :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
just FYI - got the batteries and they work great! :) I definitely like this company!