Top Prospects of Russian ladies | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Top Prospects of Russian ladies

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Very interesting competition is holding right now. Many kids. But so far no one very promising. Although many girls from Crystal!
Yeah, went through the starting lists and while it's a very interesting competition, the most interesting names won't be skating until tomorrow. Of course, some discoveries are always possible.

Funny how some obscure competitions no one cares about have their protocols uploaded almost instantly and ones I'd be really eager to see they tend to take several days to.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Protocol was published! She is the first!

Two downgraded 2As, though.
Hmm, it makes me curious. She was a much better jumper than Melkumova a year ago, but right now is apparently way behind. And with that air time downgrades on 2As do seem quite odd - a year ago her air time was higher on 1A than Shcherbakova's clean 2A's air time, and much higher than even current Melkumova's triple or 2A attempts. PCS are sky high though but for that it really would be necessary to see what exactly is going on... Well, considering these downgrades and no attempted triples, I guess the assumption that she was injured looks about right. I definitely want to see the actual skating and what brings those high PCS, but here the B level step sequences is a bit of an issue... On the other hand, Veronika Zhilina got B step sequences also and had some very impressive skills.

Well, hopefully we get to actually see it on the 17th.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Also, just was checking the scores from another competition and what's wrong with PCS?

Anna did well, her axel look gorgeous, she's fast, but 30.34 PCS? Other skaters' PC scores also look strange.

She was very good. Great skating skills, jumps also look good. She also seems to have improved fast. She wasn't nearly this good in the December competition. Also, the 2T was not underrotated I believe, even though she got the call.

Of course, the PCS is pretty high. But hm, maybe she needs to be #1 for the 2010s right now...? Although, the choreo and structure in general seems disappointingly recycled. It's like Dzepka's. I guess they have the same group and they don't give all the skaters individual choreo but...

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
She was very good. Great skating skills, jumps also look good. She also seems to have improved fast. She wasn't nearly this good in the December competition. Also, the 2T was not underrotated I believe, even though she got the call.

Of course, the PCS is pretty high. But hm, maybe she needs to be #1 for the 2010s right now...? Although, the choreo and structure in general seems disappointingly recycled. It's like Dzepka's. I guess they have the same group and they don't give all the skaters individual choreo but...

Yeah, they're very likely from the same group: gorgeous axels, skating skills, the same elements order and similar programs with different music.

So, it turns out 2010 year is not so weak as it seemed like? [emoji848] Anna Vedernikova, Alena Krivonosova, Viktoria Barakhtina, Victoria Yakovets, Milana Lebedeva, Alena Nosova.

I'm more curious about 2008 now. [emoji848]

Shayuki

Record Breaker
2008 is overall rather weak in my opinion, at least at this point in time... Plakhotnaya has some promise but still is quite meh to me. The only one who I really like is Veronika Zhilina, because while she only has 3 triples and 2A, she has incredible hyperflexibility and gorgeous arms and skating skills. No facial expressions but I guess that's easier to develop than the body movements...

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Ugh, what's going with their streams? They haven't have such lags before. Because of the garbage stream they didn't show Margarita Bazyluk. I managed to record only Alena Krivonosova.

Let's hope we'll be able to see these three:

35 Sophia TITOVA 2009
36 Daria Garashchuk 2009
37 Sofia KOLBASENKO 2009

BethOnIce

Rinkside
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet... (I’m using the app and am not sure how to embed videos on it, so if someone wants to re-post them embedded, be my guest)

This is from the 2018 Moscow Championships Basic Novice where Sofia Akatieva won. This is her FS. Her score was 108.31 (57.11 + 51.20).

Sofia Akatieva - full FS

Fancam
https://youtu.be/ib7sKlHekCM

TV
https://youtu.be/3K8VnHPBZf8

Since the jumps were backloaded, here is a video where she begins the jumping elements, but the jumps are in slo-mo to see edge and rotation.

It looks like 3Lz (rippon) + 3T, 3F (rippon), 2A + 3T (rippon), 3Lo (rippon), 3Lz (rippon), 3S (rippon)

So many rippons and tanos these days. Sigh.

https://streamable.com/fq287

That’s quite something for a 10 year old. Lord only knows what she could have in her arsenal by the time she is age eligible for Juniors. Given her rotation speed on her 3Lo, I wouldn’t be surprised if she starts working on a quad soon.

Edit: I just found the detailed judges results for it. Image won’t work, so it’s in the link.

https://imgur.com/a/e4upU

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Nice lutzes! I wonder why she didn't try 3Lz+3T combo. It's not ready, perhaps. [emoji848]

She also had a very nice step sequence and a good spin. Not sure why her name seems totally foreign to me, probably should have paid some more attention to her. A late 2007 as well.

Speaking of which, boy does the 2007 age group ever look strong.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Varvara Kisel - jumps / stsq

I remember this name, I guess I've seen her name at some international kids' events in 2014-2016 years, but then she disappeared, and I forgot about her at all. And now she appears here.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
By the way, besides tomorrow's Dzepka's competition, there will be an another competition with many interesting names.

Ksenia Melkumova 2009
Varvara Navarenko 2009
Karina Lukina 2009 (another girl of 2009 year in 2 sport category) [emoji848]
Sofia Surkova 2007
Kamilla Kogay 2008

And other skaters which we haven't seen before.