Tuktamysheva ready to make an impact | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva ready to make an impact

seniorita

Record Breaker
This girl could dream to be the next Mao but the odd is very low for her. If people can bet money on it, would anyone bet Lisa will become more successful than Mao?

No. But there is room for Yuna AND Mao AND Elisaveta in the skating world:)

miki88

Medalist
I think Liza is being very smart in saying that she just wants to be herself rather than emulating other skaters. That's a good mindset.

MrBerkeley

On the Ice
I think Liza is being very smart in saying that she just wants to be herself rather than emulating other skaters. That's a good mindset.

I agree. It also shows a TON of ambition. It'll take her far. Tough cookie for an 11 year old.

MrBerkeley

On the Ice
I will be curious to see how she does in the Junior Grand Prix.

Location: East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada, and North of Mexico

You're in the United States! Genius. Better watch it cause I know now where you live. (sorry that was a joke). I liked how it took me 10 extra seconds to read that. :)

Watch as she overtakes everyone else. Pretty precocious.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Personally, I will be cheering little Elizaveta on all the way as she enters the JGP for the very first time. :)

As it stands now, Mao Asada is the only female to have mastered the triple axel in competition since the days of Tonya & Midori almost 20 years ago. That feat in itself is something very special. IF Elizaveta can manage to land one in competition for the very first time this season, she will join a select group of women I can count on one hand (you know who they are, lol). :D

And from that select group, only Midori Ito has landed the triple axel more times than Mao, but I expect Mao to shatter her record this season, making Mao the best female triple axeler in history. That's a lot to live up to, for any female skater. Which just goes to show everyone that if the triple axel was so easy to master, more women would do so. And the reality is that only ONE has done so thus far in the 21st century (it's even rarer than the men that have mastered the quad, at least there are a handful of those).

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO ELIZAVETA!!!!!

janetfan

Match Penalty
And the reality is that only ONE has done so thus far in the 21st century

Is Mao really the only Lady to land a 3A this century?

Doesn't Yukari count in your history book? Or Kimmie?

Still, it is a very exclusive club. Is Liza a member yet? Practice jumps don't get you in the club! :)

From Wiki:
"In her regional competition at the beginning of the 2007-2008 season, Nakano landed her first clean triple axel in two years. She consistently attempted the triple axel that season, being credited with it at the 2007 Skate Canada International,[10] 2007 Cup of Russia,[11] and the 2007-2008 Grand Prix Final"

"On January 15, 2005, at the 2005 United States Figure Skating Championships, Meissner landed a triple axel jump, becoming only the second American lady to land the jump in competition, fourteen years after Tonya Harding became the first American lady to land the jump. Meissner won the bronze medal."

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Midori and Mao are the only females who really deserve to hold the title of "Mastering" the 3Axel.

Harding landed it 4 times in her entire competitive career. She mastered it for 1 year, I suppose.

Nakano didn't have full rotation on her 3Axel and Kimmie's one "successful" attempt would have been downgraded at other competitions as well.

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Midori and Mao are the only females who really deserve to hold the title of "Mastering" the 3Axel.

Harding landed it 4 times in her entire competitive career.

Nakano didn't have full rotation on her 3Axel and Kimmie's one "successful" attempt would have been downgraded at other competitions as well.

And that is to say Mao has not had more than a few questionable 3A's ?

Your opinions are interesting but they have no bearing on official ISU records. None at all. :)
My club is not a snobby one. Land a ratified 3A in an ISU competition and you are in the club.

I was wondering if Liza has done it yet or if it has only been in practice so far.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I finally found those posts of mine as regards Mao, et al, in regards to the Triple Axel History (sorry I was unable to use the quote function because the following posts are from March, 2010):

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...-Sochi-in-2014&p=482895&viewfull=1#post482895

Midori holds the record at 18 ratified triple axels, Mao second with 14, Tonya 5, and so on...

So when I say mastered, I'm talking about proficiency, predominant, eminently skilled in an element, in this case the 3A, landing it on a consistent basis, not just once or twice, or even a handful of times. Therefore, in actuality, in my humble opinion, only Midori & Mao have mastered the 3axel. Thus my saying that only ONE female has mastered the 3A in the 21st century ~ Mao Asada. :)

p.s. sorry for going off topic, my apologies to Elizaveta, I wish her well and will post no more on this topic. Can't wait to see her on the JGP!!!!! *clapping*

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
And that is to say Mao has not had more than a few questionable 3A's ?

Your opinions are interesting but they have no effect on official ISU records. None at all.

Kimmie hasn't landed a 3Axel at an ISU competition. Nakano has only landed a few that were ratified.

Therefore, they didn't "master" the jump.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Janet, I think Blade has a point when she mentions there's a difference between girl whose landed the 3axel a few times and someone whose done it consistently. That DOES put Midori and Mao at another level, and I think the other 3axel jumpers would be the first to admit that.

Flatt fan, people are comparing Eliza to Kim and Mao because it what people do. Before people were comparing up and comers to Kwan. Nobody's saying Eliza is overall better than Mao or that Eliza will be overall better. Saying Tukt has better technique is just one part of the equation.

I must say I agree with Auturian's assessment when he said Mao Asada's biggest strength is not her triple axel, Mao Asada's biggest strength is her beautiful skating. It remains to be seen if Eliza will become a beautiful skater, (I'm hopeful but a bit concerned considering the fact that Mishin does not have a ve a good track record here. As for saying we can't say Eliza will be more successful than Mao, well I don't think anyone can make that kind of prediction. But its very possible she'll be fighting for Gold in Sochi, quite possible. But there are to many question marks right now.

NMURA

Medalist
Asada's 3A tends to underrotated when it's done in the combo. I think it has to do with her poor technique of +2T combos. In past five years, her solo 3A was NEVER downgraded unless she fell.

The only exception is the one in 2008 nationals, which was mysteriously strict.

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
First avoid the point they made that is wrong about Mao being the only Lady to land a ratified 3A this century. That was what I said and sorry, they are both wrong about that.

Janet,

NOBODY EVER SAID THIS.

Nadine and I both said Mao is the only person who has mastered the 3Axel since Midori Ito. You just randomly changed the subject to something else.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Janet,

NOBODY EVER SAID THIS.

Nadine and I both said Mao is the only person who has mastered the 3Axel since Midori Ito. You just randomly changed the subject to something else.

No, you are wrong about that blades. I did not change the subject. But I did miss the subject.
I went back and read post 27. I will admit I misread it the first time. So I am wrong in this case.
Nadine and then you were making a point that was based on "mastering" as opposed to being the only one to do a 3A this century.

Apologies to Nadine, Blades, Beka and my fans everywhere :)

My mistake and I will get my glasses checked :eek::