U.S. Jr. Ice Dancer Joshua Anthony Soto dies from gunfire | Page 2 | Golden Skate

U.S. Jr. Ice Dancer Joshua Anthony Soto dies from gunfire

Weathergal

Medalist
I am Mila's mom. Thank you for everyone's replies. Josh was the sweetest kid, one of the kindest people I've ever met, of any age. Josh and Mila had an amazing friendship and partnership. He is simply irreplaceable.
I am so sorry for your loss. Please accept my sincere sympathy. And let your daughter know we are sending the kindest thoughts her way.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am Mila's mom. Thank you for everyone's replies. Josh was the sweetest kid, one of the kindest people I've ever met, of any age. Josh and Mila had an amazing friendship and partnership. He is simply irreplaceable.

Thank you for stopping in and sharing. I am so very sorry for your and Mila's loss. I just watched their skate on Peacock and it was delightful.

How very sad for everyone touched by his life.😢

theblade

On the Ice
Very sorry to hear this news about Joshua. Slava Uchitel coached my child for awhile a few years ago, and is a kind and gentle soul. So it's no surprise that he organized a fundraiser on the family's behalf. The statement honoring Joshua's life and impact was particularly thoughtful. My condolences to all the loved ones in his life.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Thank you for sharing a few thoughts with us in what must be a difficult time for your family.

Please let Mila know that we are all thinking about her. She is experiencing something that nobody should ever have to experience. And certainly not somebody of her age. She will need help and guidance through this. So, although it won't change anything in itself, it may provide some comfort to Mila to know that so many people care about her and her wellbeing.

And the same goes for Joshua's family. They will need a lot of support, as losing your child is something that is unthinkable. And especially in these circumstances. But, figure skating is a tight-knit community. The fact that Josh's coach has set up a fundraiser, and the amount of support it is getting, just shows that.

Finally, welcome to Golden Skate. I am so sorry that it wasn't under happier circumstances.

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I am so sorry for this great loss. It is so awful to lose a friend and partner, and at this age too. I have no words, and have burnt a candle for you all in support. May Josh never be forgotten.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am feel so sad and I am full of sorrow. We just celebrated our vets who fought for us for a better life. And you hear of these traged from crowd surging to shootings - please be good to yourselves and those around you. I feel for everyone around Joshua. I can only imagine including poor Mila - she lost her partner and friend. And the family - he was only18 years old. I hope the memories of him will inspire those around him and the lives he touched