Vegetarianism and Performing at a top level of dance, skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Vegetarianism and Performing at a top level of dance, skating

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
A week and a halfish after:

First of all, thank you for all the comments again! Especially the no meat athlete website! It has been so helpful! Now, to the actual topic...I have been feeling really great and, whether this is a direct correlation or not, I have had such a jump in my skating(landed 3sal combo and 3 loop combos the past couple weeks :D sorry just had to say it, I'm excited!) I've felt better health wise(i.e. anemia issue-gone) and have had more energy. I am not sure if this is related to the vegetarianism, but the past 3 days before today, I was totally exhausted: I couldn't wake up and I was so tired and bleh I didn't skate or attend school. This was accompanied by a headache...Honestly, I know this sounds bad, but I didn't go to the doctor-We scheduled an appt. but I felt better by the time they could schedule soonest. I am feeling good now though...just thought I would update you all! Thanks so much again!

I'm so happy for you!

If you've been experiencing improved health and energy level but for a recent 3 days of seeming setback from which you quickly recover, it could have been the healing crisis I mentioned. I think you're on the right track so keep it up. You seem to be doing great!

mnm464

On the Ice
Thanks! I'll keep you updated! I was actually quite surprised about how quick I recovered!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Thanks! I'll keep you updated! I was actually quite surprised about how quick I recovered!

Your body releases only what you are able to process with your improved health. This experience may or may not repeat itself, depending on your condition. Our bodies are very intelligent and resilient, evidenced by how they chug along despite all the abuses we throw at them constantly. I don't understand people who don't take care of the only body they ever have. Often people take better care of their cars than their bodies. As far as I am concerned, abusing one's body is dishonoring oneself as well as God and one's parents.

mnm464

On the Ice
Agreed and thank you for the further info :) I think that it is such a waste when people eat so much bad food or put bad chemicals(rec drugs) into their body, compared to how you could put in the good stuff and be so much better. I guess you can't control other's choices though, so free will...