Vivian Le | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Vivian Le

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Does anyone know why Vivian got only one JGP assignment? And the super tough one on top of that...

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know why Vivian got only one JGP assignment? And the super tough one on top of that...

Don't know about Vivian, but did ANY of the US Ladies get more than one assignment this season?

I don't recall seeing the same skaters so far at any of the events as opposed to the Russian and Japanese ladies. Perhaps USFS saw that the field was stacked and unlikely to have any US lady get into the GPF so they decided to give as many of them an opportunity to compete?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Don't know about Vivian, but did ANY of the US Ladies get more than one assignment this season?

I don't recall seeing the same skaters so far at any of the events as opposed to the Russian and Japanese ladies. Perhaps USFS saw that the field was stacked and unlikely to have any US lady get into the GPF so they decided to give as many of them an opportunity to compete?

Wel, you're right. Every lady has only one assignment. But I thought Vivian proved last season that she's a competetive lady. IMO, with how things are going in JGP series, she would've chance for JGPF. But she didin't got an early assigment to prove that, so nothing can be done... :disapp: Different story of course, if she had injury or illness....

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wel, you're right. Every lady has only one assignment. But I thought Vivian proved last season that she's a competetive lady. IMO, with how things are going in JGP series, she would've chance for JGPF. But she didin't got an early assigment to prove that, so nothing can be done... :disapp: Different story of course, if she had injury or illness....

She was originally entered to go to Slovenia (along with her assignment in Germany). I believe she was dealing with injury, so that's why they switched her.

She was supposed to compete at a whole bunch of summer comps including Broadmoor and Glacier Falls. She ended up only doing the SP at Golden West in early August, so that probably prompted USFS to switch things up.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
She was originally entered to go to Slovenia (along with her assignment in Germany). I believe she was dealing with injury, so that's why they switched her.

She was supposed to compete at a whole bunch of summer comps including Broadmoor and Glacier Falls. She ended up only doing the SP at Golden West in early August, so that probably prompted USFS to switch things up.

So a possible injury :( I hope she will be 100% okay for JGP Germany, I want her to be a spoiler :hap85:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Can anyone tell me which Sectionals should I keep an eye on? I know it's coming and I want to see how Vivian is doing when it happens.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Is Vivian training right now? If she is, how is she doing?

FWIW: Ashley did not tag her, but I think Vivian was in this Team Raf photo from January.

(If the skater next to Mariah is not Vivian, then I apologize -- and will pre-emptively give assurance that I do not suffer from "all-Asians-look-alike" syndrome. I have Asian blood myself, and I think it is fair to say that the skater in the photo does closely resemble Vivian, although I cannot say with 100% certainty that she is Vivian.)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I miss her too :( I really hope she'll be healthy and will be able to show what she's capable of next season :)

frida80

Record Breaker
FWIW: Ashley did not tag her, but I think Vivian was in this Team Raf photo from January.

(If the skater next to Mariah is not Vivian, then I apologize -- and will pre-emptively give assurance that I do not suffer from "all-Asians-look-alike" syndrome. I have Asian blood myself, and I think it is fair to say that the skater in the photo does closely resemble Vivian, although I cannot say with 100% certainty that she is Vivian.)

That's Vivian.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
I hope she can get back to full health this coming season. I do wonder.... is she even in the running, so to speak, for senior B’s or anything like that? I still have hope that she can get back to her old self. It’s tough to come back from such an injury. I believe in you Vivian!! I hope we will have a chance to see her skate again soon.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
I found this video from late 2016 that really made me miss her: https://youtu.be/QqdLT7Kpkjo her jumping talent was/is unreal along with her beautiful spins and lines. Curse that injury!!!! Here’s hoping she has a great summer that brings her back all her skills and she’s jumping like that again soon.