Wakaba Higuchi | Page 66 | Golden Skate

Wakaba Higuchi

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I was called "bitter" on another thread for saying that Wakaba deserved to win CoC. Um, maybe it's called "logical"? :slink:

Leonardo

Final Flight
I was called "bitter" on another thread for saying that Wakaba deserved to win CoC. Um, maybe it's called "logical"? :slink:

Absolutely. Wakaba was clean and gorgeous from start to finish, Alina had a fall in the sp and an ur call in the lp, not to mention Wakaba showed much more mature and better artistry, performance and skating skills. Most of the fans and commentators were not pleased. But we all know, it doesn't matter, the favorites will always win unless they fall 9940399304 times. Alina is simply scoring close to 10 in every component now for her same junior program, much higher than someone much more refined like Satoko and similar to a living legend like Kostner. That's figure skating...sigh...

Alina is lovely, extremely talented and deserves some big scores especially for TES and transitions, but she's far from excellent or outstanding in some components (like interpretation, performance, skating skills and ch) and had serious mistakes in COC, while Wakaba was perfect. Saying that Wakaba deserved the title doesn't make you bitter, it's just an opinion about a competition. Sometimes people can't tell apart objective and constructive criticism about scores and hating. Hating is mean criticism (often mean, heavy and repetitive comments about an specific skater), commenting competitions and discussing scores is completely normal.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States

At the time of COC this was an extremely popular opinion :shrug: Lots of people were upset for Wakaba

sakurano

Final Flight

unfortunately when it comes to defending our favorites it is difficult to be objective, although I do not accept the corruption of the judges for the beautiful sport that is skating arthistique I made the idea that it was like that and I had to appreciate performance rather than judgment.

Wakaba was not robbed at the COC but also at the world championship where his SP was beautiful I reviewed his performances with pleasure.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker

Thanks.
Cute pic with Karen Chen and the other japaneses ladies.
And Wakaba is always well dressed. There is not one costume that i find ugly.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States

sakurano

Final Flight
thank you for these memories full of nostalgia it's crazy what she has grown artistically since these photos.

My favorite programs of her are her Zorro LP and her first SP Beloved Czardas and her EX on Hair spray you can stop the beat

I would have liked it to make a remix of its best programs at a gala.

The Wakafanbook project is finally finished I saw the convert it is pretty, I hope it will make him happy

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Challenge Cup is so soon! I'm pumped!! Show 'em what you got Wakaba!! :hap10:

@YesWay, can you keep us posted about warmups, and where is the live stream being broadcasted?

sakurano

Final Flight
she has a nice new dress everything suits her, she had a low score despite a good performnce so I'm a little worried but seeing her smile is good and I think she held the fanbook,)

beki

Medalist
The PCS is way too low. Bad sign.

Yes, and since she’s been given the responsibility of earning spots at Worlds, it’s concerning that she’s being put in this strange underdog position. It’s unreal.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Wakabas PCS and reality rarely are related to each other. Sadly a trend by now.... Waka: yay!, scores: no!. Same old, same old.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Hm, I liked her old dress a lot better :laugh:

Low PCS is discouraging, but I'm glad she performed well. Shows that she's been working hard for this competition and for Worlds!