What to do with 30+ year old skaters | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What to do with 30+ year old skaters

J

Joesitz

Re: What to do with 30+ year old skaters

Tha's a good start, rgirl and the no-no's. I would have to add no teams unless the same teams remain the same over a period of 6 months e.g., April-Sept.

The more I write and read about ProSports the more I realize how bad it has been.

<span style="color:red;font-size:x-small;">There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"</span>

Joe

T

tvcats

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The USFSA does not sanction SOI, so if you're a US skater and you skate with SOI, you lose your eligiblity[/quote]

That's not entirely true. A skater can get a sanction from the USFSA to skate in SOI, but they're fairly rare (and expensive, from what I hear). Personally, I think now that COI is in bed with the USFSA, that your premise will be 100% correct in the future.

Well, I guess I would vote for the "OG" (Old Geezer) division of competiton. I think if they want to compete, why shouldn't they? Although I often wonder why skaters can manage to deal with their federations and judges for so many years.

Z

Z Lady

I think that setting up a special system for their age group is a good idea...but even if they did, chances are there would still be someone outside that age group that still wants to compete. How high would a person go for "their age group"? Can you imagine 70 year olds out on the ice, even if they are in good shape?

K

Kasey

What about send them out to stud??? :evil:

Come on, we could get Todd Eldredge, Elvis Stojko, Kurt Browning, Petrenko, all those dudes that are considered "too old" to skate, and make them breed baby skaters! He he he he! With who you may ask?? Well, Maria Butyrskya and Tatiana Malinina are both close to (if not over) the 30 year old limit! Imagine, what could ensue with a Browning/Witt offspring??? HEE HEE

*I'm sleep deprived here*
Kasey :cool:

G

Glacierskater

It seems that the choices are limited to older skaters. I would love to see something geated toward the adult side of skating...yes, some of the Olypic skaters are adults, but it would be nice to see something for the more seasonsed skaters.

J

Joesitz

Glacier - Tennis and Golf have a Senior Tour which is basically the same game played by sportsman over 35. Why not with figure skaters?

Joe

L

LilyBerg

To set up a special system for their age group would be great. :D

/Lily

NanSinger2

On the Ice
I wish there were still as many pro events as there were a few years ago. Even though I prefer the amatuers, at least there was A LOT of skating on TV during the season.

frozetoez

Rinkside
I have the answer. Nursing homes! Yep, walkers, Metamucil, rocking chairs, green jello, the whole shebang. They need rest in their advanced age. Besides... no one over 30 is worth piddly anyway. :rolleyes:

Frozetoes = Jan Hoffman went Judge and look what happend to Nancy. there are places for older skaters. It's just not so obvious until they show up as Judges.
Joe