What will the 2011/2012 season bring us in the men? | Page 8 | Golden Skate

What will the 2011/2012 season bring us in the men?

seniorita

Record Breaker
^ i think it is just rumor for now, plus i m not sure you d be happy to hear his new coach(and no, it is NOT mishin:)). I have hard time to believe it anyway.

I realized what you see in practice is not necessarily what you see in real competition.

from the last couple of seasons, one word, Joubert. He keeps winning the practices and then ...

gmyers

Record Breaker
At the world team trophy in 2009 AModio did try a quad salchow and then didn't try it again untl french nationals in 2009. It is important that something he put in programs be developed and he tries it more. Every LP.

seniorita

Record Breaker
About Javier:
There was a rumor he was forced to leave Morozov because of RF requiring to focus on russian skaters, then there was another rumour that he left cause he couldnt afford Morozov fees (or the spanish federation didnt pay, I dont remember) and the latest news is that he is still with Morozov.

Neda

Rinkside
All I know is that on official site of Nikolai Morozov he is in the list of "former students".

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Lol at this thread now, after pangtongfan deleted his/her posts. Now it looks ridiculous, to say the least, when posters "answer" the post that doesn't exist anymore, but it looks like that they reply on the post that is above and still there, that wasn't in fact the one they were addressing to. Just a small note for those who are reading the last couple of pages for the very first time and might get confused by some illogical flow.

And a bigger note for all others- it would be good to quote, in case if the poster who you are talking to decides to delete his/her stuff.

wmsb

Rinkside
I can summarize what ptf said as following;)
1. What Neda said in post 127 is the most ridiculous thing he/she has heard.
2. Chan will definitely beat Gachinski
3. Gachinski will definitely beat Plushenko if the later is stupid enough to be back for competing and end up with 11 or 12 with broken knee.
(Please correct me if I made any mistake:p)

But I am not sure who delete the post, ptf or the admin, because seems other post responding to ptf's one was deleted as well :biggrin:

Last edited:

Poodlepal

On the Ice
For the 2011-12 season:
1. Patrick. It's his to lose for the next several years, as long as he stays healthy. He already had a bad year due to an injury, but I don't know if that was a fluke, or if he's delicate. I could see him becoming the next Kurt Browning, winning everything but the Olympics.

2. Evgeni. Evgeni will return, do a quad, flail his arms, skate to some violent music and get a medal in Sochi.

3.Japanese guys. At least one of the three will be on the podium for the next few years, but it will rotate.

4. American guys. This I don't know. Does anybody think that Richard and Ross have any potential? Or are they the next Steven Carriere/Brandon Mroz--the up and coming people who never really come up? We have about 10 girls like that now, I hate to see the men going into such a rut.

5. Florent. I love him, but I can see him trying to skate more conventionally and not doing as well. If he likes Michael Jackson choreography, he should stick with it.

6. Artur. He's good, but I don't know if he's the second coming, like some people think, LOL! If Evgeni doesn't show up to flail his arms and legs, Artur will take home a medal in 2014.

bibi24

Final Flight
For the 2011-12 season:
1. Patrick. It's his to lose for the next several years, as long as he stays healthy. He already had a bad year due to an injury, but I don't know if that was a fluke, or if he's delicate.
Does being 'delicate' attribute to poor training / injury prevention / bad luck, or does it have more to do with the athlete's personality?

3.Japanese guys. At least one of the three will be on the podium for the next few years, but it will rotate.
Does this include Yuzuru Hanyu?

Poodlepal

On the Ice
I'm not that familiar with Hanyu. Is he good? I would guess that Daisuke will probably get injured/retire at some time in the next couple of years, and that Kozuka and Oda will hang around for a while, and may win the Worlds if Patrick Chan isn't there for some reason.

No, I don't think Patrick is mentally weak. I think he's pretty tough and confident to the point of cockiness, at least according to some. Of course, that could be because he's given like 1000 points more than anyone else for his transitions, so he knows he doesn't have to land his jumps perfectly. I'd be cocky, too :). I was referring more to physical injuries. If he doesn't have any, I doubt the judges will let anyone else win, until Sochi, when a Russian may be given a chance to win gold.

Poodlepal

On the Ice
I don't know if Patrick is more injury prone than the next. I do know that he had problems 2 years ago due to injuries, and it probably cost him a medal at the Olympics. As long as he stays healthy, he wil be the one to beat next year, at least.

I don't know if Patrick is more injury prone than the next. I do know that he had problems 2 years ago due to injuries, and it probably cost him a medal at the Olympics. As long as he stays healthy, he wil be the one to beat next year, at least.
Two years ago was not any Olympic Year! However, a skater is judged on what he does. Patrick, Rachael, and all others if they skate injured are inviting lower scores. No?

bibi24

Final Flight
I do know that he had problems 2 years ago due to injuries, and it probably cost him a medal at the Olympics.

Two years ago was not any Olympic Year!

huh? now 2011, two years ago in 2009 was when Patrick suffered a calf injury, it pushed back his season debut, ie. missing 2009 CoR. Therefore messed up his 2009-2010 season schedule, and he felt unprepared leading up to the Olympics.

Senorita - Florent Amodio is a contender for a World Medal. Unfortunately, he is an unsettling skater that needs a good trainer, imo.

It seems that this upcoming season for the Men demands a quad in the SP and 2 different ones in the LP. Quad Toes, imo, are standard fare now as is a 3A. How much jumps influence judges scores on other scoring items is debateable. Of course, the excessive manly approach to straightline footwork will also rate high but spins are almost neglected by male skaters and judges alike. JMO.