What's your favorite jump and spin? | Golden Skate

What's your favorite jump and spin?

Arwen17

Final Flight
My favorite spin is the standard camel spin. I like the camel variations like donut spin and catch foot etc, but I love, love, love the standard camel. I'm obsessed with it. I'd do forward camels, back camels, and flying camels all day long. They take so much energy to do right, but they're so beautiful to watch. Some other mini-favorites would be illusion and biellmann too.

My favorite jump is the axel, even tho it's still a work-in-progress for me. I like how "floaty" and "magical" a good axel looks. I love how the leg snaps around into that backspin position in midair and then elegantly unwraps for the landing. My second-favorite jump is the loop. I think edge jumps appear more elegant, while toe jumps appear more powerful and aggressive.

gkelly

Record Breaker
I really can't jump or spin much any more because of hip problems.

But as of a few years ago, I'd say my favorite jump was salchow* and my favorite spin was layback.

*Because of poor toe pick technique, my flutzes and flips were more like toe-assisted salchows. My axels, when I could attempt them, were sometimes prerotated to the point of skidding around to a BI edge before takeoff, making them technically single salchows. And I was only just learning double salchow, which were often underrotated enough to really be single salchows. So more than half my jump repertoire had the potential to turn into single salchows even if not intended.

But the intentional ones were often pretty decent.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Me personally: Loop and flip (triple), pearl spin, corkscrew sit spin.

Also, I love to watch a proper 3A from a mens skater.:love:

icejo

Rinkside
Strangely, the flip has always been my favoured jump, probably because I practised it the most as a child.

On the spin side, I agree, I just love all the camel variations. I love practising flying camels. A close second would be laybacks! I enjoy experimenting with different arm/hand shapes for it.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I personally love lutzes and loops. My favorite spins to perform are the cannonball sit spin and catch foot camel (when it doesn't take me 3 years to grab my leg).

I love watching a really good traditional layback but alas, I do not bend that way.

renla

Rinkside
I'm still learning how to recognize the different types of jumps, so I don't really have a favorite because they all look amazing to me, lol. But I love looking at spins! I like the donut one, the broken leg, and the one that starts with a 'b'. Bielleman, I think? I'd love to do that one, but I have to build up a lot more flexibility.

SkaterGurl2707

Rinkside
My favorite jump? Hmm that's hard. I guess it's the lutz and axel. My favorite spin is the one I can do right which is a scratch spin.