What's your Russian women dream team for 2022? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What's your Russian women dream team for 2022?

Scott512

Record Breaker
dream team for me is Kostornaia, Valieva and Shcherbakova. although obviously i wouldn't be mad at all if Trusova made it, she also deserves it, but for me is too much of a wild card at the moment. if things had gone the way we all expected them to in the FS this past weekend, she would have been well off the podium.

Kostornaia and Valieva have a level of skating that deserves to be seen on the Olympic stage. when in form both of them are consistent (more so Kostornaia). Aliona's 3A is the best in the world and Valievas Rippon 4T is sublime.

Shcherbakova is an artist and has the technical arsenal as well, and her musicality is second to none. she has also proven herself consistent and trustworthy time and time again- 3x National Champion and now World Champion.
I agree with everything you wrote. We voted the same way too.

The upcoming Olympic season could be epic. We know it will be emotional and draining for all of us and especially these great skaters.

ruga

Final Flight
I voted for Aliona, Sasha and Daria because they are my favorites right now, but I also really wish we could see Anna, Alexandra, Aliona because they are such a talented generation and it's so unfortunate that their Worlds were cancelled. On the other hand, Maiia, Daria and Kamila are also incredible. But a trio of Alina, Evgenia and Elizaveta would be amazing as well...

silveruskate

On the Ice
Kostornaia, Medvedeva and Valieva are the skaters I like watching the most. Anna 4th.

But Dream Team for sure is Kostornaia, Shcherbakova and Trusova. Every competition they competed together as the top 3 has always been the most exciting.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I am a big fan of Liza, she was the first who got my vote. She always impresses me but she made me cry because of her own tears last weekend.. I was so happy for her (despite all those discussions about wrongful judging. I don´t care. She got a silver) and I really want to see her at the OG.

I also like Evgenia. She has ploughed through, despite the odds. I hope she can make it back. So she got a vote from me.

And for some reason I feel sorry for Sofia Samodurova who got a EC title unexpectedly and then just got dropped by everyone (except Liza and Mishin himself who I am sure will keep on encouraging her). So she got a vote too.

Probably not very realistic. But why should I vote for skaters whom I´d rather see in 2026 when they´ve matured? This is me, I like woman´s skating, not girl´s skating. Sorry. Sofia is a bit of a in between, but I can´t stand it when someone is successful and then gets dropped so easily.

Aimee-01

On the Ice
Country
Canada
My dream team is…
Sasha Trusova
Liza Tuktanesheva
Maiia Kromhyk
I know this probably won’t happen but I can dream it I guess

readernick

Medalist
Lots of amazing women here. Going with my personal favorite skaters, I hope for a team of
Aliona, Daria, and Ksenia S.

However, I will be thrilled if even one of them makes the team!

Last edited:

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Kamila, Sasha and Anna

Kamila because she's magical and has EVERYTHING, Anna because she performs beautifully and I enjoy those quads too and Sasha because she's plain crazy sometimes but in the best way. The Olympics would be less exciting for me without the whole "Will Sasha do 5 quads factor."

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
It’s my heart team, rather than perfect team, so Trusova, Frolova and Valieva. since Frolova is junior this season, then Trusova, Sinitzina and Valieva

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Shcherbakova (because of the hardships she went through. She could have fell behind easily).
Trusova (because she pushed the technical limits and is promised to big titles since she 12yo).
Valieva (Because little girl has to cope with huge amount of pressure at this age and is doing her maximum to survive).

Sorry for Tuk but she already got two chances and got the 2nd worlds medal that she should have gotten 2 years before. She came back successfully and that's already enough.
Kostornaia didn't get me emotionally involved in her career and is frankly sleeping on her laurels on interpretation. If she does a massive work on choreo and interpretation as Satoko's schlinder's list (so much details and cohesion) then i will want to see her at olys.
Usacheva and Khromykh aren't outstanding in any way. Even if i have a soft spot for Khromykh. Girl is Pogorilaya 2.0 with classier falls.

Last edited:

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I voted Anna, Sasha and Kamila.

But there are so many Russian women I just looove...

...including Talalaykina. Her magnificent Maleficent program was by far my favourite last season.

Last edited:

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Right now, without knowing what new Ultra-C is being added, it's hard to pick a 'dream team'. If Koz regains her 3axel and adds a quad sal, then she absolutely should be on the Oly Team. Same could be said about Usacheva, since she really has no major weaknesses. And if Maiia gets a 3axel and decent programs she would be right up there too. But right now I'm sticking with Valieva, Trusova and Koz.