Who you want to win Oly medals in S.Korea? | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Who you want to win Oly medals in S.Korea?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
My dream picks are not very realistic.

In pairs, I would love Stolbova and Klimov to win gold though they won't even get to compete. Ilove their style, not at all what I might have expected for a top team. For Second I would go with Sui and Han on the condition they retire; so we have new blood movingin. For third I will go with the much hated and picked on Duhamel and Radford kind of the neglected hated stepchildren.

In men, I would say Jason Brown but he is not even on the American team so I will go with the much hated and picked on Patrick Chan who has had nothing but bad skates and problems this year. Highly improbable but I would like Canada to end their rut of no male gold. I have never seen such beautiful skating - the purity of edges and stroking elevated to an art. Silver I would award Nathan Chen; I like him; his skating is rather blah but he has quads. And Bronze I would give to Javier but I would be fine with Shoma. I don't mind Hanyu not getting a medal as he has Oly gold:) And Boyang is not a complete skater yet.

Dance. Though this pointless because I believeP/C have their names engraved on Gold I would go with Virtue and Moir for Gold. Not a fan of what Scott says sometimes but the skating and versatility. Plus I thought they could have won gold in 2014 but I fear another silver. Silver Iwould give to PC as I love their long though I do think they are always overmarked tech and pc wise.

I think B/S; H/D; C/B; Shibsibs and Weapo are all worthy - I would even add in C/L but I find their programs a bit boringnow and they have had their moment which they were rather lucky imho. So I will go with Weapo here because they constantly are the team that seem to just miss- oly team;world gold, world bronze etc. They also will miss out a team medal again just because of Canada's team make up. Six teams fighitng in reality for one medal. Actually seven if S/B could compete.

Ladies - I would go with gold Evgenia; silver Kaetlyn and bronze Alina I think Evgenia has been a wonderful champion. To see a spunky powerful skater like Kaetlyn would be nice. it will be hard for that to happen with the Russians, Carolina and the Japanese ladies. You can never count Carolina out she is like the Yucca plant you can hack and hack and id and dig but all there needs to be is a bit of the root and it grows back. Carolina is a rock. She brings it when it counts.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
1. More than anything else I really truly wish Savchenko will win gold (I want this so basdly that I will skip watching pair, too stressful for me). >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Of course if I have the only wish for anything, it is to see Savchenko as OGM winner.

I feel the same. My top priority for the Olympic is Aliona. As long as she gets her OGM, I can let anything in other disciplines go. :) Though I will watch the pairs live, because I would not miss my last chance of watching her compete in Olympics even though she may or may not stay one or two seasons in competition.

girl in red

Rinkside
My dream picks are not very realistic.

"In pairs, I would love Stolbova and Klimov to win gold though they won't even get to compete. Ilove their style, not at all what I might have expected for a top team. For Second I would go with Sui and Han on the condition they retire; so we have new blood movingin. For third I will go with the much hated and picked on Duhamel and Radford kind of the neglected hated stepchildren."

i am sorry but in which universe are sui and han considered old?and you think that they can take silver and then retire...it s just seems like a very odd thought to me.And let me guess stolbova and klimov are not old for you.I d be happy if you could explain your mindset!:scratch2:

friedbanana

End Turandot!
Final Flight
The podium I'd be happiest with...

For the ladies, I'd go Evgenia - Alina - Satoko. The first two are pretty much locked, but the third is up for grabs! I'd love to see Satoko win bronze.

For the men, some order of Patrick, Javier, and Yuzuru. The other men can battle it out in Beijing :biggrin: Boyang Jin for 2022 Olympic champ! But in all honesty, I'd be okay with any podium. I just want clean skates. My motto is better than Sochi!

For ice dance, V/M - P/C - Shibs. I like V/M better than P/C, and I want them to win. Shibs because they're my favorite American team right now.

For pairs, S/H - S/M - J/C. I will be very, very sad if S/H do not win the title. I think they're the best pair team in the world right now, so I'm crossing my fingers. I'm also fond of J/C, so I'd love it they somehow won bronze.

And above all, I want fair judging. I don't want to see #4YearPyeongchangScandal popping around right before Beijing :agree:

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Most of my dream ladies podium won't be at the Olympics... so here's my remaining hopes and dreams.

Unrealistic:

Carolina Kostner/Kaetlyn Osmond/Satoko Miyahara in any order.

Realistic:
1. Alina or Evgenia
2. Evgenia or Alina
3. Carolina or Kaetlyn or Satoko or Gabby

Would also be okay with:
1. Alina or Evgenia
2. Evgenia or Alina
3. Kaori or Mirai

Imagine

Medalist
Any medal for Mirai. I don't care which event, I don't care which color...even if it's a Team bronze. And if they deny her a Team Event spot, then I hope she goes Adelina and just wins the whole thing. Oh and maybe a medal for Sotskova to make up for the one she was robbed of at Euros. I'm not an Alina hater, but I want Evgenia to win the Gold if it comes down to those two. She has GOAT potential depending on how much longer she chooses to skate, and it's just so unfortunate she got injured at the worst time possible. I think she cannot come back in 4 more years for another shot, and this is her time. Alina is only 16 and has a bright future ahead of her.

Roo87

Medalist
Ladies
1. Evgenia
2. Kaetlyn
3. Alaina/Caro/Gabby

Men
1. Patrick
2. Javi
3. Yuzuru

Pairs
1. Meagan/Eric
2. Vanessa/Morgan
3. Julianne/Charlie

Dance
1. Tessa/Scott
2. Gabriella/Guillaume
3. Kaitlyn/Andrew or Piper/Paul

GIRL CAN DREAM

TylerW

Spectator
Hi everyone! First post :luv17:

DREAM (emphasis on dream) podium:
women
-Evgenia
-Satoko
-Kaori

men
Yuzuru
Nathan
Javier

Realistic podium:
women
-Evgenia
-Alina
-Maria/Osmond (I'm really okay with Maria getting a medal tbh)

men
-Nathan
-Yuzu/Shoma
-Javier/Shoma

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Any medal for Mirai. I don't care which event, I don't care which color...even if it's a Team bronze. And if they deny her a Team Event spot, then I hope she goes Adelina and just wins the whole thing. Oh and maybe a medal for Sotskova to make up for the one she was robbed of at Euros. I'm not an Alina hater, but I want Evgenia to win the Gold if it comes down to those two. She has GOAT potential depending on how much longer she chooses to skate, and it's just so unfortunate she got injured at the worst time possible. I think she cannot come back in 4 more years for another shot, and this is her time. Alina is only 16 and has a bright future ahead of her.
yes, I totally agree
Alina is only 15!!

cinnamon

On the Ice
In ladies, I would love Medvedeva to win gold. Am not a fan of her nor of Zagitova, but I prefer to see Med's long program over Alina's this season. Bronze for Mirai, or Karen, whoever can pull out on the big stage.
In men, Hanyu for gold, Shouma for silver, or the opposite, for their artistry is beyond other quad jumpers.

HollyRose

On the Ice
Dream Event:
Men: Gold: Yuzuru
Silver: Javi
Bronze: Dmitri Aliev (he was beautiful at Euros and is a new favorite of mine!)

Ladies: Gold: Zhenya
Silver: Satoko
Bronze: Alina or Kaori

Pairs: Gold: Aliona and Bruno
Silver: Sui/Han
Bronze: Yu/Zhang

Dance: Gold: V/M
Silver: P/C (I'd be happy if gold and silver were reversed, though; they're both incredible)
Bronze: H/D

Team Event: Gold: Russia
Silver: Canada
Bronze: Japan

Realistic/Fears:
Men: I have no idea what to expect from Yuzu, so for now...
Gold: Chen
Silver: Shoma
Bronze: Boyang

Ladies: Gold: Zhenya or Alina
Silver: Zhenya or Alina
Bronze: Carolina

Pairs: Gold: Sui/Han (I love them but want the gold so badly for Aliona.)
Silver: Aliona and Bruno
Bronze: Tarasova/Morozov

Dance: Gold: P/C
Silver: V/M
Bronze: Shibutanis

Team: Gold: Canada
Silver: Russia
Bronze: USA

Lyssa

On the Ice
Country
France
Men
1 - Yuzuru Hanyu (JPN)
2 - Javier Fernandez (ESP)
3 - Shoma Uno (JPN)

Ladies
1 - Evgenia Medvedeva (RUS)
2 - Satoko Miyahara (JPN)
3 - Kaetlyn Osmond (CAN)

Pairs
1 - Aliona Savchenko / Bruno Massot (GER)
2 - Wenjing Sui / Cong Han (CHN)
3 - Vanessa James / Morgan Ciprès (FRA)

Dance
1 - Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron (FRA)
2 - Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir (CAN)
3 - Maia Shibutani / Alex Shibutani (USA)

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Of course, the key thing for me is fair judging so that the strongest shall win.

Sentimentally, I would like:

Ladies: the Russian sweep. Medvedeva and Zagitova are the strongest skaters in the world so that it is fair. Sotskova is a fighter and she has had to fight with ever increasing number of new talented skaters. And she earned her well-deserved team spot. Of course, if Caro skates the way she skated in Sochi it will be fair if she gets the podium. But no more Saitama 2014 and Moscow 2018!

Men: I would love Javie to win it and one of Russian guys get the bronze. Of course, it means that among Hanyu, Chen, and Shoma there will be 2 meltdowns. I don't wish them that - I am just not emotionally attached to any of them with all my respect to Yuzuru's outstanding skills.

Pairs: Gold to Alyona. She deserves it more than anyone else. An amazing athlete - I hope that they skate clean and win it. Silver to Sui/Han. What can I say - they are not just good - they are outstanding. Bronze to T/M I am with the majority who do not like their FP but I wish them good luck.

Dance: Gold to P/C Silver to V/M Bronze to B/S

Team: Gold to Russia Silver to Canada Bronze to the third strongest (more than likely USA)

Nightcrawler

On the Ice
Team:
1) Russia, just to spite the IOC
2) Canada
3) USA

Pairs:
1) Alyona and only Alyona. She needs to win gold, she deserves it and she's got the programs to claim it.
2) S&H
3) I wanted diva Stolbova on the podium, but the IOC saw to that, so J&C would be my ideal bronze. I don't want Candyman and the yellow polka dots anywhere near the podium

Men:
1) Yuzuru. Seimei deserves OGM status.
2) Shoma or Chen, I don't really care
3) Javi would make a great comeback story if he medalled.

Dance:
A Montreal sweep would be nice; I'm not a fan of Moulin Rouge, but V&M are amazing and P&C can go on and dominate the next quad.
H&D are my favourites this season whereas I don't really care for any of the other N.American teams' programs (sorry, not sorry)

Ladies:
1) Medvedeva
2) Zagitova
3) Kostner
I want a clean competition and I think that'll be the podium if everyone skates clean.

FlyingFeather

On the Ice
Men:
W & F: #1-- Nathan Chen #2-- Javier Fernandez #3-- Shoma Uno, maybe Kolyada or Aliev

Javi needs any medal to get the first for Spain, and Nathan is plain amazing!

Ladies:
W: #1-- Satoko Miyahara #2--Kaori Sakamoto #3-- Kaetlyn Osmond/Mirai Nagasu

F: #1-- Evgenia Medvedeva #2-- Satoko Miyahara #3-- Kaori Sakamoto/Kaetlyn Osmond

I like Zhenya as a person. She is an honest, hard worker, so I won’t mind if she wins. But for some reason her artistry hasn’t grabbed me since her first season as a senior. Zagitova’s programs are both amazing and show great artistic potential, which is why I don’t want her to win. If she doesn’t win because of the component score, she’ll be motivated to reach her full potential.

Pairs:
W: #1-- Savchenko/Massot #2--Sui/Han #3--(Stolbova/Klimov :sad4: ) Knierim/Knierim or Marchei/Hotarek
F: #1: Savchenko/Massot #2:Sui/Han #3-- Can I pick nobody!?!? I guess Tarasova/Morozov or Yu/Zhang

Queen Aliona!!!!! Please, please, please get your gold!

Ice Dance: :hap57:
W1: #1-- Hubbell/Donohue #2--Cappelli/Lanotte #3: Bobrova/Soloviev
W2: #1--Hubbell/Donohue #2--Papadakis/Cizeron #3--Virtue/Moir
F: #1-2: Virtue/Moir and Papadakis/Cizeron #3 Hubbell/Donohue BONUS: #4--Bobrova/Soloviev

I love all the ice dance teams for different reasons. But Hubbell/Donohue has been my favorite for a few seasons. The only team I’d prefer not to medal is Chock/Bates because of their Imagine free skate. But all the top ten or fifteen teams are fun to watch.

readernick

Medalist
Men:

1. Shoma Uno ( I love him so much!)
2. Yuzuru Hanyu (He is perfection= perfect combination of artistry and technical merit when he is on)
3. Javier Fernandez (Too good to not have an Olympic medal)
I also like Patrick Chan and Nathan Chen. However, Chan is a long shot to medal. I love his skating but I don't love him. I like Chen but I don't love him I think he may medal though... such a toss up in mens.

Women
1/2 Carolina Kostner/ Satoko Miyahara (love love love them both- Carolina is beautiful always and 31/ Satoko's programs are lovely)
3. Katelyn Osmond (really love her basic skating and her power) or Evgenia Medvedeva (not a huge fan of her skating but I am a huge fan of her attitude)

Dance:
1. Virtue/ Moir (best short dance/ good long program)
2. Papadakis/Cizeron (don't like their short dance/ good long program)
3. Any of the American teams... I don't have a strong favorite but I think they are better technically than the other teams who are in the chase for the medal.

Pairs
1. Savenchenko/ Massot (because she is over 30 and still performing. She is amazing)
2. Sui/ Han ( I love them but I loved their programs last year more than this year... I think they can win gold in 4 years)
3. Duhamel/ Radford (They are also older and they are just so determined)
Tarasova and Morozov are lovely skaters but I hate their long program. A program like that should not medal at the Olympic games.

Thats all folks.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
My dream podiums:
Ladies - 1. Medvedeva, 2. Miyahara, 3. Sakamoto or Zagitova
Pairs - 1. Sui/Han, 2. Yu/Zhang, 3. Peng/Jin or James/Cipres
Men - 1. Hanyu, 2. Uno, 3. Fernandez
Dance - 1. Papadakis/Cizeron, 2. Virtue/Moir, 3. Hubbell/Donohue or the Shibs

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Women
1/2 Carolina Kostner/ Satoko Miyahara (love love love them both- Carolina is beautiful always and 31/ Satoko's programs are lovely)
Am I hearing you right? Kostner should medal for two reasons, one main one being because she's 31? Since when is age something that matters in determining Olympic medals? That's like me saying I want Medvedeva to win because she's 18
:dev2:

gnom

On the Ice
Ladies

Wishful: 1. Kostner, 2. Miyahara 3. Osmond
Foreseeable: 1. Medvedeva 2. Zagitova 3. Osmond/Sakamoto/Miyahara/Daleman/...

Men

Wishful: 1. Shoma 2. Javier 3. Yuzuru
Foreseeable: 1. Chen. 2. Yuzuru 3. Shoma

Pairs

Wishful: 1. Savchenko+Massot. 2. Sui+Han. 3. Tarasova+Morozov
Foreseeable: 1. Sui+Han. 2. Tarasova+Morosov 3. Savchenko+Massot

Ice Dance

Wishful: 1. Virtue+Moir. 2. Papadakis+Cizeron. 3. Hubbell+Donohue
Foreseeable: 1. Papadakis+Cizeron. 2. Virtue+Moir. 3. Shibs

Team Event
1./2.Canada or OAR 3. USA