Who you want to win Oly medals in S.Korea? | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Who you want to win Oly medals in S.Korea?

readernick

Medalist
Am I hearing you right? Kostner should medal for two reasons, one main one being because she's 31? Since when is age something that matters in determining Olympic medals? That's like me saying I want Medvedeva to win because she's 18
:dev2:

I am talking about my wishes. I am not judging skaters. If I was a judge who gave her more points because of her age it would be a problem. But, this thread is about our desires. The skaters who we personally love. This is obviously highly subjective. I can be impressed by a skater who has continued to skate far past the age that is considered usual. That is impressive! It is hard on your body. She is also the best pure figure skater among the ladies. Her skating skills are so superior to the Russian / American ladies (the Japanese ladies have good SS too- Kaori's programs aren't great though ) Why do my wishes make you angry? I am not angry at those who want Alina Zagitova to win even though I personally don't respond to her skating at all. Maybe you need to reconsider your reaction to other's likes/ dislikes? Very strange reaction .:scratch2:

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Oh look... you are mentioning age as a reason why you want Evgenia to win over Alina. Shocking !!!!!!:slink:
If you think that Alina can still grow a lot and come to the next olympics as a 19 years old "mature" skater, while for Evgenia this may be her greatest chance, thinking about age may be understandable. Adelina comes to mind, even if i have never been a fan of her (gold).

Anyway, no one could predict that Russia may losing, along the way of these so longer four years, also Julia, Elizaveta, Anna and Elena. A fan of Alina need to pray for this gold, no one can know what may happen in Russia in the near future.

If i have to pick now the next olympic gold, i hope to see Kostornaia grow and grow until China 2022.

Roast Toast

Medalist
At this point I am pretty at peace with all the likely podium configurations, even the possibility of T/M winning a medal or my sentimental faves P/C being second. The one thing I feel really passionate about and would voodoo for if I could is Boyang getting a bronze medal in the individual event. His two medals at Worlds have been imo the best and funniest things to happen during the past quad. In a perfect world he would be doing it with the Spider-man SP, but Star Wars will do!

beki

Medalist
At this point I am pretty at peace with all the likely podium configurations, even the possibility of T/M winning a medal or my sentimental faves P/C being second. The one thing I feel really passionate about and would voodoo for if I could is Boyang getting a bronze medal in the individual event. His two medals at Worlds have been imo the best and funniest things to happen during the past quad. In a perfect world he would be doing it with the Spider-man SP, but Star Wars will do!

You are stronger than I am! I have some really strong preferences so I will probably be a mess no matter what. But I have a good feeling about Boyang medalling. I'm pretty torn in pairs between S/M and S/H. Slight edge to Aliona. Can't decide in dance but want H/D for bronze. Hope Med beats Zagi.

Country
Russia
I love clean skating and normal, without any "strange things", judging.

So for Ladies Event:
1-2 Zhenya and Alina in any order. Zhenya is not the best in any particular aspect but is very good in sum of aspects. Alina - her FS at Euro was technically the best for all the history of figure skating.

3 Kaetlyn for sure. If she skates clean she is very strong. If Kaetlyn will not be clean - Gabby or Kaori, they both are very strong and often skate clean.

I don't want medals for:
Satoko - cheated jumps while other is very good,
Bradie - her real PCS is not of OGM level,
Carolina - while her spins at Euro became better, her technical level is not up-to-date,
Maria - she may pretend to medal only if multiple other pretenders will make errors, and I don't want this - I love clean skating.

Last edited:

Seruleane

Final Flight
My picks:
Ladies- Alina, Evgenia, and Sakoto/Kaetlyn/Carolina/Gabby- whoever skates cleanest without unfair PCS boost. Still upset Wakaba not here :cry:, she would be my definite 3rd pick.
Men- Hanyu, Shoma/Javier, Nathan
Pairs- Sui/Han, Savchenko/Massot, don't watch enough pairs to care about third pick
Dance- Virtue/Moir, Papadakis/Cizeron, and Shibs

Up until Europeans, I was hoping Evgenia would get Olympic Gold, and she is definitely the sentimental favorite for most people. However, I don't think it is fair to hold Alina back because she is young and there is the potential for more growth in terms of artistry/maturity. You never know what can happen in this sport, with injuries and new up and coming skaters coming in to take your place. This may be Alina's only Olympics, and who knows if she will be a major player in Russian ladies figure skating a few seasons from now. In 2014, when I saw Elena R, I was captivated and quite looking forward to cheering her on at the 2018 Olympics, but she only had a couple great seasons, and now I feel her future is quite uncertain. During the Sochi Olympics, there was a video interviewing young Lena, Adelina, and Inna Goncharenko, and hearing Goncharenko say that with a lot of hard work and a little luck, she thinks Lena can be Olympic Champion, and my heart breaks knowing that they didn't/couldn't achieve that.

Anyway, when I finally saw Alina put together two clean programs at Europeans, I realized I prefer her over Evgenia. There is something very fresh and youthful about her skating, and her jumps and spins are amazing. If she skates clean the way she did at Europeans, and Evgenia does not skate lights out, I think Alina should win. I just hope the pressure doesn't get to her. Also, love seeing her and Danill in the Kiss and Cry :love:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
In no particular order, just want them on the podium.

Ladies.
Mirai Negasu with 2x 3 As
Wakaba Higuchi!!! Umm.. wrong thread! Drat... &*%($)"$%& okok, Karen Chen!!!
Carolina Kostner (CLEAN With justifiable PCS)

Men
Nathen Chen (Quads packed)
Hanyu Yuzuru
Patrick Chan (Chances are slim I know. I want him to go out skate CLEAN!!!! Have the highest PCS.)

Dance
Virtue/Moir
Cizeron/Papadakis

Pairs
Sui/Han
Avchenko / Massot

russianskating4ever

On the Ice
Some of these are SUPER unrealistic, I know they will never happen but ahaha, a girl can dream :)

Team Event

OAR
Canada
USA

Mens

Yuzuru Hanyu
Mikhail Kolyada
Shoma Uno/Javier Fernandez

Ladies

Evgenia Medvedeva
Alina Zagitova
Carolina Kostner

Pairs

Savchenko/Massot or Tarasova/Morozov

Sui/Han

Zabijako/Enbert

Ice Dance

Virtue/Moir

Bobrova/Soloviev

Papadakis/Cizeron

russianskating4ever

On the Ice
Somewhere in my brain, I really want as many Russian sweeps as possible, but I know it will never happen.

Good luck to all the skaters in Pyeongchang [emoji16]

rccr25

Rinkside
Ladies:

Evgenia Alina Carolina

But I hope Satoko could get a place there.

Men:

I don't really care as I love all top skaters.
I hope Patrick could get a medal. But he'll likely have the team gold.

Pair:

This is the discipline I care the most, seriously. S/H PLEASE take the gold. Everyone is saying that they will have it in Beijing, but I hope they can take it as early as possible given the number of injuries she has already had. Plus they are the BEST MATCHED pair in the world. I could watch them endlessly, to be honest. The other pairs are fine, but not as MAGICAL as Sui/Han.

And I hope D/R to be on the podium.

Dance:

Either Tessa&Scott or Gabriella&Guillaume get gold
Maia&Alex on the podium.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I can't believe that my first two Wish Podium's from this thread became reality. I NEVER get what I want in any competition. (Well, I put T/M on third instead of D/R but honestly, I'm super happy with D/R as well)

So since everything worked out like I wanted it, I'm very generous. Whoever wins in the next two competitions I will be happy for them! :)