Why wasn't Malinin selected for the Olympics? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Why wasn't Malinin selected for the Olympics?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
YAY!!!!!! Now I'm wondering that he should do the SP there just to get the mins and then fly home? That might sound a bit stupid I know, but he really only needs the SP mins.

Amei

Record Breaker
YAY!!!!!! Now I'm wondering that he should do the SP there just to get the mins and then fly home? That might sound a bit stupid I know, but he really only needs the SP mins.

Not sure who all is going at this point, but given traveling difficulties with covid protocols and it being shortly after the Olympics there's likely not going to be much in the way of competition for him unless he bombs so why not do the whole competition and get the WS points?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not sure who all is going at this point, but given traveling difficulties with covid protocols and it being shortly after the Olympics there's likely not going to be much in the way of competition for him unless he bombs so why not do the whole competition and get the WS points?
I'm just more concerned about him getting the SP mins. Even if he makes the layout easier, he can easily get the mins as long as he lands cleanly.