2024 U.S. Nationals Men's Short Program | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals Men's Short Program

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Oh shush your mouths, Ashley and Adam. I’ve had enough of your nonsense.

Again, I am trying to be polite.

I did enjoy Andrew, and Max too, who I watched surreptitiously at work. Both were wonderful!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am actually very calm watching Ilia. Since I am not a super fan, I am not nervous. He will do Ilia things.

And he did. :)

I am so glad he really does seem to care about performance now. Is he Jason? Is he Andrew? No. but he doesn't need to be, I am just happy he is taking it seriously.

sworddance21

On the Ice
Would have been another skater i would have changed the channel… This is not a program i will hunt for on youtube to watch it once again.
As a choreographer (dance, not skating) I find the choreography intricate and compelling. I like that Jason/Rohene do lots of different styles. I think, for me, that is one of the things that makes me such a fan of Jason. He can do so many different things.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
HAHAHAHA Ilia won PCS... he deserves every point of his massive lead, clear and away the strongest overall skater here, but Jason Brown should be one of the top PCS skaters in the world, fall or no, and easily the top scorer in components here. Ilia really has improved though, which makes me happy, and since he's pretty much going to win barring a Zamboni skate, I really don't care as much. But, also... judges, you have Jason fricking Brown. Reward him or else he's gonna end up doing just shows.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Controversial opinion, because I know it involves a favorite... actually one of my favorites...

But I'd have placed Jason 4th behind Andrew.

I can't choose between my loves, I would have them tied:drama: (which in a way they are).

I do not think Camden wuzrobbed. A botched spin is a botched spin. Just like a botched 3A. He should be behind Jason and Andrew.

Just my opinion of course. :)

readernick

Medalist
Of course Ilia's PCS score is too high. That's just what they do. But, can I say how impressed I was that Ilia actually bent his knees a bit while skating. I've had such a hard time enjoying his skating at times because of the lack of knee bend and skating skills. But, he's improved.

Love Jason, but I thought Andrew actually gave the best performance today. I would have given him higher PCS.

Edit: I don't think Camden was robbed. His spins are always sketchy and here they were particularly notiable because a lot of the US men are actually good spinners. All his elements were a bit messy. Love Camden but he can do better.

sworddance21

On the Ice
I can't choose between my loves, I would have them tied:drama: (which in a way they are).

I do not think Camden wuzrobbed. A botched spin is a botched spin. Just like a botched 3A. He should be behind Jason and Andrew.

Looking at the protocols, Camden also had a L3 step sequence and Jason and Andrew had L4.

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Controversial opinion, because I know it involves a favorite... actually one of my favorites...

But I'd have placed Jason 4th behind Andrew.
So would I. I am still expecting him to end up in second overall. They were generous with his GOE and I expect them to ensure that GOE+PCS is enough in the free.

sworddance21

On the Ice
Of course Ilia's PCS score is too high. That's just what they do. But, can I say how impressed I was that Ilia actually bent his knees a bit while skating. I've had such a hard time enjoying his skating at times because of the lack of knee bend and skating skills. But, he's improved.

Love Jason, but I thought Andrew actually gave the best performance today. I would have given him higher PCS.
I love Andrew's passion, but I don't know that he matches Jason (yet) in edge quality and control, and as a dance teacher I kept wanting to run up and lengthen the back of his neck and open his back between his shoulder blades. It is all those little details that make Jason the pinnacle in terms of PCS, IMHO.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

We can nitpick between two of our favorites, but we're in full agreement that Camden wuznotrobbed.