Will Zagitova return? | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Will Zagitova return?

Scott512

Record Breaker
agree with this.

however, i think the difference between now and then is those skaters knew they always had a chance at a medal or title no matter how long they stayed. they would always be at the top or near it as long as they skated well, and there wasn't anyone coming up the pipeline year after year to overtake them easily. today, there are always more waiting to overtake you next year, and more behind them to knock them off the top, especially in Russian ladies. we had Lipnitskaia and Sotnikova, then Medvedeva, then Zagitova, then Kostornaya, Trusova and Shcherbakova, and next it will be Valieva. it's gotten so crazy competitive that you maybe have 1 or 2 years max to win a world title and then you're out. things are so different than when people like Michelle skated- she always had a chance to win for like 10 years straight. it was a very different time, and i miss it too.

It sure would be nice if evgenia and Alina had 10 year careers competitively like Michelle did. But they face much more competition domestically with girls that frankly will push them out of the way. Michelle was able to avoid that for about a decade.

I want Evgenia and Alina to skate competitively for years to come. But I doubt that will happen.

Scott512

Record Breaker
sports.ru? :slink: disgusting forum, posters and bloggers...I also read it sometimes but after that I always decide not to read it anymore ..So many malice those persons think they have right to judge harshly others, the bloggers lie the admins also manipulate with the news or only they quotes only a part of the real articles...wich changes essence of the whole article. The forum is full of gossips that is not only sport news site...This is very good for the forum's favorites but it's very cruel to the other side.
Poor Alina few months later and she will be next to Medvedeva....:(

- - - Updated - - -

You don't believe everything for those posters, bloggers, please...

To me it's okay for Alina to cash in on her golden success and looks. She has earned all of it and her sponsors absolutely love her. Hopefully they will still love her and pay her well to represent them even when she's not skating competitively. It was reported that Alina made 1.1 million US dollars last year. I hope she makes more than that this year.

The question is was that $1.1 million dollars Alina made in 2019 before taxes and before everyone else gets their piece of the pie including EG?

It also does not bother me if she never adds a triple axle or quad.

Now we need to get Aliona some contracts and making some money. :) so few of these skaters even make money let alone Millions most of them end up broke or they bankrupt their families it's just an unbelievable toll they go through physically and mentally. So if someone makes it big like the reigning and defending ladies Olympic and World Champion I say more power to them.

zounger

Medalist
Even if you look at the FF. It feels like 99% of all posts are about advertising events of any kind and Alinas appearance. Basically, sport no longer occurs. I didn't read that as an attack on Alina, frankly. Maybe that's because I never read the comments?

Probably it’s the first time you read Avdokhin saying something about Alina, ok it’s fine, you are excusable. Someone on her FF posted that she will play her self in story of Palma film. Shall we inform this member to remove his/her post and post instead what layout she will use in test skates?

Fried

Final Flight
Probably it’s the first time you read Avdokhin saying something about Alina, ok it’s fine, you are excusable. Someone on her FF posted that she will play her self in story of Palma film. Shall we inform this member to remove his/her post and post instead what layout she will use in test skates?
No of course not. And there is not the slightest objection to economic success either - on the contrary! Thats not what I meant. I just find the egg dance to return or not somehow threadbare. But as someone already wrote. That's how things work.

zounger

Medalist
No of course not. And there is not the slightest objection to economic success either - on the contrary! Thats not what I meant. I just find the egg dance to return or not somehow threadbare. But as someone already wrote. That's how things work.

You can complain to nadyanadegda for opening this thread. Or you can complain To moderators and they can close it. Or to sports ru that they are posting such blogs. I don’t think Zagitova herself ask them to. Your opinion is granted though.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Even if you look at the FF. It feels like 99% of all posts are about advertising events of any kind and Alinas appearance. Basically, sport no longer occurs.

Well, once you attain a certain level in your sport, you will get all kinds of opportunities outside of sport itself. Nothing wrong with us fans sharing those news. It happens in all the fanfests of popular skaters.

On the other hand, I'm glad Alina is doing her thing quietly and not bothering with social media too much. No need to be constantly posting training clips or making empty statements to the media to try to prove something. She will show the results of her work where it matters and then you are free to judge whether "sport still occurs"

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The question is was that $1.1 million dollars Alina made in 2019 before taxes and before everyone else gets their piece of the pie including EG?

Probably before (though her taxes are really none of our business, and I just wish her a good agent and a good financial adviser). The figures we see for any skater would almost certainly be gross rather than net since untangling what people get what percentage to make the latter is... not easy even in a country where it's more transparent and less fingers are in the icy pie :dbana:

Even if you look at the FF. It feels like 99% of all posts are about advertising events of any kind and Alinas appearance. Basically, sport no longer occurs.

There's a reason for that, sport is barely ticking over and the fans are bored and restless. Look at how every tiny scrap of news about their lives or slightest appearance is jumped on in twitter :laugh:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Probably before (though her taxes are really none of our business, and I just wish her a good agent and a good financial adviser). The figures we see for any skater would almost certainly be gross rather than net since untangling what people get what percentage to make the latter is... not easy even in a country where it's more transparent and less fingers are in the icy pie :dbana:

There's a reason for that, sport is barely ticking over and the fans are bored and restless. Look at how every tiny scrap of news about their lives or slightest appearance is jumped on in twitter :laugh:

Well explained to me and fried.

I too would say Alina's has money is before taxes. I hope she has a solid Financial person running things. I don't think Adalina did.

Amei

Record Breaker
Well, once you attain a certain level in your sport, you will get all kinds of opportunities outside of sport itself. Nothing wrong with us fans sharing those news. It happens in all the fanfests of popular skaters.

On the other hand, I'm glad Alina is doing her thing quietly and not bothering with social media too much. No need to be constantly posting training clips or making empty statements to the media to try to prove something. She will show the results of her work where it matters and then you are free to judge whether "sport still occurs"

All of team Tutbertize has been relatively quiet with posting training things since they got back on ice, but Zagitova is the only 1 that paused her career last year, then last year Eteri made the comment that oh she already misses competitions, but now all of sudden its still up in the air that she's going to compete this season at all. I don't think anyone is saying its wrong for fans to be sharing those media things or that she's doing them, but those in conjunction with the recent news that a decision will be made on her participating in competitions after test skates it looks like she's more interested in her media career vs. her skating career to some people.

The only thing about this situation that bothers me is that she's on the main National team and gets funding as such and it appears she's not wanting to compete this year (see my post from a few days ago, if she really wanted to compete this "decision" after test skates wouldn't exist); meanwhile there's a skater on the reserve team that could be on the main team and getting funding as a main team member and someone not on the main team or reserve team that could be getting funding. Nothing against her but if she's going to forego competing at the Russian cup events, which are the qualifiers for Nationals, then at minimum the Fed should bump her to the reserve team or adjust her funding and allocate that money from her to another skater who is committed to competing.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't think anyone is saying its wrong for fans to be sharing those media things or that she's doing them, but those in conjunction with the recent news that a decision will be made on her participating in competitions after test skates it looks like she's more interested in her media career vs. her skating career to some people.

Maybe she is at this stage. And maybe she's just filling in a fairly grim time by preparing the groundwork for the career that will last decades. Either way, I have a feeling she doesn't intend to fade into obscurity, which will make her fans very happy.

Amei

Record Breaker
I too would say Alina's has money is before taxes. I hope she has a solid Financial person running things. I don't think Adalina did.

Money calculations are generally based on rumors out of what someone's contracts are so it's likely before taxes, I remember Gisele Bundchen (model) complained about media reporting she was the highest paid model and making x amount of money because they were actually way off on what she made, but it led to her getting audited by the IRS. What's the point about Sotnikova?

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
All of team Tutbertize has been relatively quiet with posting training things since they got back on ice, but Zagitova is the only 1 that paused her career last year, then last year Eteri made the comment that oh she already misses competitions, but now all of sudden its still up in the air that she's going to compete this season at all. I don't think anyone is saying its wrong for fans to be sharing those media things or that she's doing them, but those in conjunction with the recent news that a decision will be made on her participating in competitions after test skates it looks like she's more interested in her media career vs. her skating career to some people.

The only thing about this situation that bothers me is that she's on the main National team and gets funding as such and it appears she's not wanting to compete this year (see my post from a few days ago, if she really wanted to compete this "decision" after test skates wouldn't exist); meanwhile there's a skater on the reserve team that could be on the main team and getting funding as a main team member and someone not on the main team or reserve team that could be getting funding. Nothing against her but if she's going to forego competing at the Russian cup events, which are the qualifiers for Nationals, then at minimum the Fed should bump her to the reserve team or adjust her funding and allocate that money from her to another skater who is committed to competing.

Well, Alina herself or Team Tut didn't say anything about making a decision only after test skates, it was Kogan, so, who knows? Maybe it's all about creating speculation and hype...:shrug:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
One thing also to remember is that Alina, like Yuzuru (who's appeared as much in the last 10 days, even if that's sadly little, as in the previous five months, for Citizen and Sikkisei), and I think Shoma? - is one of the few skaters who have sizeable non-sports-product endorsements, for instance the beauty products she does. They aren't as tied to whether or not she is currently on the ice, and so the last few months - when on the ice is so much harder for everyone - it's a good time to do some sales work for them.

Until she comes out and says something one way or t'other, let's assume... that she's going to say something one way or t'other in her own time :laugh:

She clearly loves to skate and even if she retires, given her popularity in Russia and Japan, there will be more opportunity to see her in shows than most can dream of.

Country
Norway
I havn´t been been able to update myself on all the pages here. Can someone give me a short summery about the situation?

From what I can tell from last pages here, Alina is going to skate at the test skates, and she will decide afterwards if she wan´t to compete this season? Does that mean she has trained on new programs or is she going for the old ones? I wasn´t aware that she was even back on the ice.

zounger

Medalist
I havn´t been been able to update myself on all the pages here. Can someone give me a short summery about the situation?

From what I can tell from last pages here, Alina is going to skate at the test skates, and she will decide afterwards if she wan´t to compete this season? Does that mean she has trained on new programs or is she going for the old ones? I wasn´t aware that she was even back on the ice.

Kogan said she will be there for financial reasons. She will not skate.

Country
Norway
Logan said she will be there for financial reasons. She will not skate.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. So no reason to really to get our hopes up for a return.....

Fluture

Record Breaker
Kogan said she will be there for financial reasons. She will not skate.

Where have you read that information? Last I heard, she‘s got her programs ready and will skate at test skates but doesn’t know whether she‘ll compete afterwards...

zounger

Medalist
Where have you read that information? Last I heard, she‘s got her programs ready and will skate at test skates but doesn’t know whether she‘ll compete afterwards...

It was on sport-express yesterday, I’ll find the link and bring it. By the way where did you heard her programs are ready?

Fluture

Record Breaker
It was on sport-express yesterday, I’ll find the link and bring it. By the way where did you heard her programs are ready?

Well, Daniil said a while ago that they were choreographing them and she participates in test skates, so I figured... But you‘re right, I don‘t have any concrete source, sorry should have made that more clear. :think:

zounger

Medalist
He said they are choreographing programs generally not hers. As a choreographer I guess that’s what he does, even if his choreography is crap.