Wolfkostin and Chen end partnership | Golden Skate

Wolfkostin and Chen end partnership

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States

After a beautiful partnership with so much potential, Katarina Wolfkostin and Jeffrey Chen of the United States have ended their partnership. It is crushing to hear about this, and I am in shock. This team had loads of talent in them. But for whatever reasons this has happened, we wish the best for them in the future.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States

Here is Katarina's post about it.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
It’s hard not to speculate that Jeffrey found/was strongly encouraged to find another partner— Katarina sounds like this came as a shock. I hope the split was handled in a mutually respectful way and that they will both be able to continue and thrive in the sport if they choose.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Such talent. I guess he wanted to start the search for a partner right away hoping to make the 2026 olympics. It might have been frustrating that they were the faves at juniors last year and things didn't work out and had some struggles. Wish them both well.

Spiralgraph

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Yes they had potential, but so do many other young US dance teams. If one or both of them find a new partner they still have the same stiff competition to advance and progress in the rankings. It is crowded in American dance, and not every good talented team will make it to Worlds or 4CC or even the Olympics. A sad fact but very often true.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Sounds as though it was at his initiation and I doubt he made it in a vacuum. They had their struggles and it was on both their heads not just hers. Hope they find good partners!!

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada

After a beautiful partnership with so much potential, Katarina Wolfkostin and Jeffrey Chen of the United States have ended their partnership. It is crushing to hear about this, and I am in shock. This team had loads of talent in them. But for whatever reasons this has happened, we wish the best for them in the future.
Oh, no. I really liked them.