World Standings | Golden Skate

World Standings

cotillion

Rinkside
I was hoping someone out there could explain why Belbin & Agosto got only 40 pts added onto their total from 400 for a win at SA, also why Khokhlova & Novitski do not have any pts added to their total at all ,nor Gorshkova & Butikov? So when I started looking at the ladies I also see that Yu-Na Kim didn't recieve any pts added to her total either, what's up? The rest of the dance teams recieved their pts it appears. Thanks for any info :) (I keep a running total on pts and change them with every comp, so I have previous figures if anyone needs them)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
World standings count only the top FOUR scores from the GP over the current season plus the past two seasons. Before SA, B/A's top 4 scores were 504, 400, 360 and 360, for a total of 1624 GP points. Adding the 400 from SA, the top 4 scores were 504, 400, 400 and 360, for a total of 1664 points. So the gain was only the 40-point difference between 360 and 400.

Because V/M didn't do the GP last season, they have only 3 current GP scores. If they win gold at SC, they will get a gain of the full 400 points, moving them up just behind B/A.

cotillion

Rinkside
Thanks Chuckm for the info, this will be the reason for K&N and G&B not recieving any pts either . My score keeping is not very good , I guess it would help to know the rules!!!:biggrin:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I also keep an updated list of points in an excel spreadsheet. That way, I can sort by point total or by name, so it's easy to look up current standing for any particular skater.

BTW, note that only the top two points for GPs and "B" Internationals count per season, with a total of the top 4 scores for this plus the past two seasons.

Skaters who have medaled at three "B" Internationals won't receive any more points for the third competition.

And for skaters headed for the GPF or JGPF, the lower points for the current season will be replaced by the GPF/JGPF points.