Would you send Alissa to 4CC's? (Should she go?) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Would you send Alissa to 4CC's? (Should she go?)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
in order for Alissa to get any real type of show skating gigs (not Disney on Ice or something else that doesn't showcase the skaters so much as some overly hokey story) she has to win and become well known so that someone will want her... (Kurt's show only happens once a year, and probably only so long as he is skating... so yeah lol)

R.D.

Record Breaker
MK and IS did crank out stunner after stunner. Were you watching Irina in the 2004-2005 season?

And she couldn't keep up the momentum. If you guys were right she'd be Olympic champ now as well.

I don't see Alyssa staying in competitive skating if she doesn't wish to compete. I'd ask her, why go through all this trouble if you don't care about winning? She should do show skating instead- it's all about the audience there. :yes:
Isn't it obvious that she wants to be competing or she wouldn't be doing it? Look at her smile. Skaters always talk about just wanting to go out and have fun ... yeah, right. Maybe that works as a pre-competition mindset but we're talking about a top-three-in-the-nation skater here. You don't get there by just having fun. She IS a competitor and she just pulled off a great finish. She has no need to retire and it's not up to you anyway.

Maribelle

On the Ice
Country
United-States
If you go to Alyssa's official website, she talks about going on modelling and acting auditions with her sister. It sounds like she is looking to her future and is going to have back up plans, such as her college degree and show business. I don't think her career goal is to be a Stars On Ice performer all her life, at least I hope not. She could do so much with her future with her talent and looks. I don't think she is one that needs to have that "gold" medal.

orchid

On the Ice
If you go to Alyssa's official website, she talks about going on modelling and acting auditions with her sister. It sounds like she is looking to her future and is going to have back up plans, such as her college degree and show business. I don't think her career goal is to be a Stars On Ice performer all her life, at least I hope not. She could do so much with her future with her talent and looks. I don't think she is one that needs to have that "gold" medal.

This means she has a life outside of skating and is making plans after skating.

Hmmm, I think such self-awareness and life planning should be rewarded.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Alissa signed on with Champions on Ice for the upcoming tour. No matter how she does at 4CCs and Worlds this year, I hope the experience of skating for an audience everyday will take the edge off the nerves. Watch out next season.

Alissa signed on with Champions on Ice for the upcoming tour. No matter how she does at 4CCs and Worlds this year, I hope the experience of skating for an audience everyday will take the edge off the nerves. Watch out next season.
That should help her get rid of the 'nerves' to be in front of people. But she has to conquer the 'nerves' in front of judges. She's not expected to win so she's under no pressure. It's just the nerves.

Joe

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
And she couldn't keep up the momentum. If you guys were right she'd be Olympic champ now as well.
If they made it to the Olys they are a Champion IMO. And getting 3rd after a season like that..... Also her SP was fantastic! At the very least - even in others opinions who may not like Ira as much as others - the SP was on par with the 04-05 season.

flying camel

Medalist
For me I think her problem is being in the spotlight and others expectations for her. You know most people weren't talking about her like they were last year. She wasn't at the top of too many's people list to be national champion or even make the world team. Here she comes and wins the freeskate. I think she likes being the underdog. Jill Trenary was the same way. She skated better when she was down in the standings and most had given up on her.