lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
BorNweC.jpg

Yanhao Li

Yanhao Li (also known as Dwayne) is a single figure skater from New Zealand 🇳🇿

He was born on 12/8/2008 in Beijing, China and lives in Auckland, New Zealand.

He is the 2024 Youth Olympic bronze medalist, and 2023 Junior Grand Prix Thailand bronze medalist.
He is the first New Zealand figure skater to qualify or medal at any Olympic event and to win a ISU Junior Grand Prix medal.

ISU Results Bio

ISU Personal Bests
Personal Best Total Score210.08ISU JGP Bangkok 2023
Personal Best Score Short Program72.28ISU JGP Bangkok 2023
Personal Best Score Free Skating140.83Winter Youth Olympic Games 2024

Programs
ProgramsShort Program (SP)Free Program (FP)
2023-24Supreme by Robbie WilliamsGarde Confiance by The Little Singers of Paris, Romaric Laurence
2022-23That's Life by Frank SinatraGarde Confiance by The Little Singers of Paris, Romaric Laurence

Results

Last edited by a moderator:

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Please excuse me for being so ignorant, I suppose that you're not referring to the Australasian Tax Teachers Association?🤡
Nope. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/attaboy

Anyway, here are Yanhao's skates from Oceania Intl in May this year:

Looks like he already got this upcoming season's SP choreographed and competed before the end of last season (makes sense because he didn't have any major events after Junior Worlds).

BTW it seems Yanhao is also known as Dwayne, though I'm not sure which name he prefers informally.

zebobes

Final Flight
Congratulations are in order, for Yanhao's first medal on the JGP! Also to the entire country of New Zealand as well, since it is New Zealand's first international ISU medal, I believe!

I'm grateful that Patrick Chan is leaving his fingerprints in multiple men skaters. Yanhao and Minkyu, who were both at the jgp, are my current favorites among the men! I was actually rooting for Minkyu to win a medal, but Yanhao skated so well, that I was just as happy that he got rewarded for his clean skates.

Here's to both of them getting great triple axels in the future!

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Congrats Yanhao for making history! 🥳🥉 I hope he and his team get an interview someday, would love to know more about their training process.

I'm grateful that Patrick Chan is leaving his fingerprints in multiple men skaters. Yanhao and Minkyu, who were both at the jgp, are my current favorites among the men! I was actually rooting for Minkyu to win a medal, but Yanhao skated so well, that I was just as happy that he got rewarded for his clean skates.
Unless I'm missing some information, I don't think Patrick has worked with Yanhao (yet) - rather, Ted Barton mentioned him in the stream as someone Yanhao resembled/could learn from. Patrick choreographed for Minkyu who skated earlier, so that might be why his name came up in context.

I saw it mentioned somewhere (sorry, forgot the source 🙈) that Yanhao and a couple other NZ skaters went with Bess Cao to a seminar in Colorado Springs recently, so it's good they're getting out and about.

zebobes

Final Flight
I may have misheard what Ted was saying then. I knew he had worked with Minkyu, and I was surprised that Patrick had worked with Yanhao, and I was thinking, wow, Patrick is getting to work with the best juniors.

Marirue

On the Ice
Congrats Yanhao for making history! 🥳🥉 I hope he and his team get an interview someday, would love to know more about their training process.

Unless I'm missing some information, I don't think Patrick has worked with Yanhao (yet) - rather, Ted Barton mentioned him in the stream as someone Yanhao resembled/could learn from. Patrick choreographed for Minkyu who skated earlier, so that might be why his name came up in context.

I saw it mentioned somewhere (sorry, forgot the source 🙈) that Yanhao and a couple other NZ skaters went with Bess Cao to a seminar in Colorado Springs recently, so it's good they're getting out and about.
Ted mentioned Yanhao's skating skills as Chan-like

zebobes

Final Flight
Yanhao did a good job in the SP in Osaka. You could tell how nervous he was, but he did great on all the jumps, his only mistakes was on a spin, but he still had a good score nonetheless. Hopefully he can relax a little and enjoy the Free!

Marirue

On the Ice
Yanhao did a good job in the SP in Osaka. You could tell how nervous he was, but he did great on all the jumps, his only mistakes was on a spin, but he still had a good score nonetheless. Hopefully he can relax a little and enjoy the Free!
I mean this is the first time that he was medaled for his country and he kinda pressured himself to do well.

Arigato

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Good luck with the SP at Jr. Worlds and don't forget to rock the ice!

Timestamped:

His coach is intense, she's fun to watch on the replay.