Yaroslav Paniot | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yaroslav Paniot

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
@iluvtodd my pleasure! yes I was a little surprised to learn that the FP was Todd's idea! I remember him from his active days and he came across as such a serious skater 😄 Misha surely did an awesome job for him. I hope they will keep working together in the future!
He posted several pictures taken with Sean on Instagram, so I knew they were good friends for quite a long time - and there is little surprise to it, who wouldn't want to be a friend of Sean's? 😍

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@iluvtodd my pleasure! yes I was a little surprised to learn that the FP was Todd's idea! I remember him from his active days and he came across as such a serious skater 😄 Misha surely did an awesome job for him. I hope they will keep working together in the future!
He posted several pictures taken with Sean on Instagram, so I knew they were good friends for quite a long time - and there is little surprise to it, who wouldn't want to be a friend of Sean's? 😍
Todd's persona as a "serious" skater is true for us. IMHO, he excels @ performing "serious" programs (Gettysburg, First Knight, 1492, Lord of the Rings, Independence Day, The Glory, etc.). Many a time my husband would say to me, "Todd has such a nice smile, he should smile more when he competes." I had to laugh @ that because I can't imagine him breaking out in a huge smile during a very serious program. That said, I :love2: when he does the "fun" programs, too - Who Let the Dogs Out? (Improv-Ice) "Let Me Entertain You" & "Always Look @ the Bright Side of Life" (in SOI) & a number of his competitive short programs (The King & I, Swing Kids, Wilkomen, Walk on the Wild Side, his "Les Mis" medley from 1998 - which have upbeat music from "serious" movies/musicals).

What a great collaboration with Misha (who won my heart @ the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics with his dazzling short program)!

I am pleased as punch that Yaro & Sean are such good friends!

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@iluvtodd Todd skated to Who Let the Dogs Out??? :eek: OMG I have to find the video :LOL:

(edited) I found it! 🤩wow so cool to see such a fun side of Todd :bsplit: I need to explore more of his light sided programs which you listed... I only remembered the serious ones!
We were lucky enough to see that performance live. We live in Philadelphia, PA, & that Improv-Ice show took place in Philly in December 2000, so of course we had to attend it (and not just because of Todd - Brian Orser, Sasha Cohen, Mike Weiss, Surya Bonaly were in it as well, to name a few). We got to see part of the ladies' practice & the whole men's practice. Todd had a look on his face that seemed to say "What in the world am I going to do with this music?" :rofl:Of course, @ that point we had no idea of what music he got "stuck" with. When it was showtime, he pulled it off, for sure! :cheer::hap10:

Oh, MGstyle - check out a program called "Any Day Now Day," too. It's from a musical called "The Baker's Wife," & Todd skated to it once in a show called "Skaters' Tribute to Broadway" (we attended the show in Philly in October 1998). It's another example of one of his lighthearted programs. Another program to check out while you're @ it, is Todd's "Chaplin" free skate program (circa 1993/1994). Charming & a revelation for me - he does have a sense of humor underneath that "serious" persona!

Last edited:

HB Spud

Rinkside
Country
United-States
NBC Sports Online
By Lynn Rutherford - 2/9/2021

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Good for him! I'm not sure whether this means he is now an American citizen, but at least he can go to the international competitions now representing the US.