Youtube Thread | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Youtube Thread

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We were fortunate enough to be there to see this performance live. In fact we were sitting in the section where they showed all the Chinese flags (we got on the broadcast - about 5:16 - I'm the one standing up & waving a 6.0 sign :biggrin:). Seriously, Shen & Zhao were spectacular, and what a great, memorable competition for them. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I believe Tatiana Tarasova choreographed it for them, right? I love it!

No, Shen & Zhao´s Turandot was definetely no choreography by Tarasova. I´m not sure which American choreographer did it, but I think it might have been Leah-Ann Miller.

What a beautiful performarce to awesome choreography... It is my all-time favourite pairs programme!!!

Last edited:
No, Shen & Zhao´s Turandot was definetely no choreography by Tarasova. I´m not sure which American choreographer did it, but I think it might have been Leah-Ann Miller.

What a beautiful performarce to awesome choreography... It is my all-time favourite pairs programme!!!
It was LeeAnn Miller who also choreographed the Nutcracker Pas de Deux. I don't know who is choreographing for this Worlds. Anyone?

Joe

antmanb

Record Breaker
It was LeeAnn Miller who also choreographed the Nutcracker Pas de Deux. I don't know who is choreographing for this Worlds. Anyone?

Joe

Is it Lori Nichol who has choregraphed their Meditation LP? I might have just made that up though!

Ant

jennylovskt

Medalist
Thanks, Jaana and Joe!

I thought Tarasova choreographed one program for them. Or maybe just in my dream?:biggrin:

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker
Is it Lori Nichol who has choregraphed their Meditation LP? I might have just made that up though!

Ant

I'm nearly positive it is Lori Nichol too- I seem to recall Zhao talking about how they listend to a lot of music in the car with her while they were at a stroking clinic - and finally chose this - It might be located where Zhao told the story behind this program.

I believe that Lori Nichol's "Meditation" for Shen and Zhao was influenced by the work of choreographer Jean-Paul Bonnefous. Bonnefous worked with the John Curry show in the 1980s, when Nichol skated on the tour. She once said that this was the most moving piece in the show, and she always watched the performance (by Catherine Foulkes and Mark Hominuke) with rapt attention.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another great performance from Shen & Zhao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQRfNDX3kI
Thank you for posting that one too. I was able to see them perform this program at Skate Canada. It's funny how when they begin their program there is total silence. Shen had tripped over Zhao's boot and fell. Their was a loud gasp from the audience, including me. They continued the program in dignity. It was wonderful!!! :clap: :clap:

Dee