Medalist
Country
United-States
Congrats Yuko and Sasha!! Huge score and lovely skate :cheer:

adelia

Record Breaker
Interview with Vaytsehovskaya:

"When asked what pleased in a victory speech strongest, Smirnov said:

- The feeling that there is a God in the world. When I watched the ride Xu / Han, and in the corner of the screen run their technical assessment and the amount of passes for 74 points, I had wanted to go to undress. I knew that the second estimate, we are unlikely to give higher. When couples are competing with the Chinese in their homes, get higher scores for components simply unrealistic. With this we have already encountered Yuko - at the World Championships in Shanghai. It's like to invite the Chinese in my native Tver and invite them to compete with us there.

- Yuko, and why you are sad?

- Very tired and did not yet understood, to be honest.

- A program with two quad emissions takes a lot of?

- Actually, yes. Especially when emissions are made ​​well. Then just get the feeling that the most important thing has been done and once it becomes very hard to endure and ride to the end of the program. Like today. But if the emissions for some reason did not turn out as we had a tournament in Saransk, once there is an additional responsibility. You know that from myself and from the remainder of the program must now squeeze the maximum, and that, strangely enough, makes skiing easier physically. Strange, is not it?

- On the morning workout you know, too, made ​​the second of emissions landing on two feet. A purely managed to go?

- In Beijing, I have only once made ​​emissions rittberger on one leg, but then fell. In training at home successfully obtained leave more often. But I do not try at all costs to make the release of one leg.

- Why?

- Because it is still difficult to simultaneously control everything. And time is not allowing hurry.

- We are still working on the other - said Smirnov. - The task that we set Tamara at the moment - just make both output. Previously, because Yuko general could not make two consecutive emissions - was not strong enough.

- Why, by the way, you have set emissions row, Yuko?

- To very quickly and to make them out of my head. But seriously, if you break the emissions some other elements and thus move the second one towards the end of the program, it may not be enough physical stock.

- Sasha, your program has at least a few seconds where your partner has a chance to relax?

- Is that the support where Yuko lying on my back.

- And gently lifts the leg up?

- So inevitably have to be cautious. If the motion is made ​​more sharply, Yuko immediately rolled with me - it becomes very hard to maintain balance. Last year we did the same support without a raised leg, she also sometimes rolled down. But there is a funny picture, where we are going to support, and both eyes closed. What is not a holiday?

- Sasha, to the program compared to the previous season have changed

- I think that I became more emotional ride internally. There is only one thing, which for me is extremely difficult - it is our two quadruple output. When their performance with us Yuko is very important physically and psychologically match. The rest of the program - a real pleasure. Yes, then this program is not old at all. We have added so much all new, that they themselves are not yet up to the end to all accustomed to.

- Yuko, well still have a reason to smile harder than act against the Chinese in China, you are now probably will not be.

- This I do not think. In fact, the hardest thing was at the first press conference, where the majority of questions were addressed to the Chinese pairs. In English they speak not translated questions and answers takes time, and it was already past midnight. It is hard to resist when the forces and so little.

- Well, put the clock on the St. Petersburg time.

- Oh, no, I liked to ride on the Chinese time.

https://translate.google.com/transl....ru/figure-skating/reviews/935577/&edit-text=

Lovely photo:
http://cs627629.vk.me/v627629595/23814/98de8O5C3do.jpg

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
aw it was soooo nice seeing Yuko cracking up on the podium!:gclap::laugh:
its such a rare thing!

haha & Sasha was helping out Y/J with advice to put their boxes down! Good uncle Sasha, helping out juniours:gclap:

Imo they have an excellent chance @ Rostelecom!
I dont write down S/K & P/Z obviously but they can fight!

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Yuko and Sasha. They were incredible at this competition! :hap57::hap57:

s_parks

Record Breaker
So happy for K/S! I am a fan of both them and S/H, and am quite satisfied with the results. I sincerely hope that they have a more consistent season.

LRK

Record Breaker
Amazing skate! It was so thrilling to watch - Congratulations on the win and on almost landing the quad loop!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
:gclap:

I was a little unsure of them keeping the LP, but I support their decision now. Two quads, proving that age is just a number!

I don't understand why certain other teams are commended for "pushing the sport forward" yet no one mentions this about K/S...

adelia

Record Breaker
Short comments from Sasha on fsrussia.ru:

"Very pleased that finally it worked out, - said Alexander Smirnov. - I think this is the best execution. Let the second quad emissions ritberger was on two feet, but then had to start. In reference rentals in Sochi quadruple Salchow emission has turned to fall, ritberger was quite good. Let small steps, but we're adding. Appears confidence. It was evident from the rental. Emotions in this time was even stronger than in the tournament in Saransk. "

https://translate.google.com/transl...s-chego-to-nuzhno-bylo-nachat.html&edit-text=

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
I forgot how to breath during their performance. That was breathtaking and awe-inspiring. My life stopped for these 5 minutes and it would never be the same again. I am deeply and utterly in love with their program. Yuko and Alexander, Tamara Moskvina, Petr Chernishev, thank you for creating this masterpiece! :love:

LRK

Record Breaker

I was a little unsure of them keeping the LP, but I support their decision now. Two quads, proving that age is just a number!

I don't understand why certain other teams are commended for "pushing the sport forward" yet no one mentions this about K/S...

They tend to be forgotten about - both when it comes to their artistry and their technical side. It's as if to the majority of people, when they're not actually competing, they're invisible. This has always baffled me.

Alba

Record Breaker

Eurosport Ita guys said they made history. They were very enthusiastic about it but yeah, I agree with you.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Thrilled for them, especially after so many people tried to write them off and say they should retire...even in this fan thread. :roll5: