Yuna Kim | Page 284 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Yu-Na Kim

I too didn’t use to like Fever!
But boy does she owns that music! And I like how it adds to her versatility. For a while her EXs didn’t inspire... Reflection, Gold, Just a Girl... Those are so so, nothing special. But then again, she hadn’t fully developed artistically so I can’t really judge.
But the one EX from Yuna that I basically almost dislike(I think if it was any other skater I’d probably hate it) is Please Don’t Stop the Music. 🤦🏻

Izabela

On the Ice
I too didn’t use to like Fever!
But boy does she owns that music! And I like how it adds to her versatility. For a while her EXs didn’t inspire... Reflection, Gold, Just a Girl... Those are so so, nothing special. But then again, she hadn’t fully developed artistically so I can’t really judge.
But the one EX from Yuna that I basically almost dislike(I think if it was any other skater I’d probably hate it) is Please Don’t Stop the Music. 🤦🏻

I also don't like Please Don't Stop the Music (But welp, Bezic had a particular vision to what she wants Yuna to be. I mean, she's the one who rec Wilson to do the Bond program :laugh: )

I love Reflection and Only Hope though for the sheer musicality she exhibited on ice. There's nothing special on them yes, but the way she feels the music at such a young age is just captivating. ETA: I think that's what makes them special.

Completely agree on her versatility too! Do you want a sultry Yuna? We can have Fever. Do you want deep, reflective, and lyrical? There's Meditation for you. Do you want fun and jazzy? All of Me will always be there to save you. What about something grand? Let's go watch Nessum Dorma. Frantic and Mad? There's Giselle! Epic and Original and Breathtaking? Homage to Korea is just in the corner. She's a chimera as Wilson rightfully put it.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
FEVER is one of my all time fav EX program from Yuna. I fell in love with that program at first sight. So glad a program like this existed.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I think her Exhibition speaks so much about a particular era of her skating career and life. Absolutely love Only Hope, Fever, All of Me, Nessum Dorma for these particular reasons.
As for Just a girl, i always get the giggle as apparently she had her pink pants wearing backwards.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
FEVER is one of my all time fav EX program from Yuna. I fell in love with that program at first sight. So glad a program like this existed.

She's soooo charismatic in that program, like a celebrity rather than skater. Someone who can pull off Adios los Ninos and Les Mis AND turn around and do a sexy performance like Fever or Rihanna yet still keep it incredible smooth, classy, and sophisticated, is once in a century talent.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
She's soooo charismatic in that program, like a celebrity rather than skater. Someone who can pull off Adios los Ninos and Les Mis AND turn around and do a sexy performance like Fever or Rihanna yet still keep it incredible smooth, classy, and sophisticated, is once in a century talent.

besides all that
And the causal swagger in All of Me, can not even imagine a male skater to do that, not even Nathan.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I think her Exhibition speaks so much about a particular era of her skating career and life. Absolutely love Only Hope, Fever, All of Me, Nessum Dorma for these particular reasons.
As for Just a girl, i always get the giggle as apparently she had her pink pants wearing backwards.

How come? I've watched both videos from DOI and GPF and it looks the same to me I think... :laugh:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I am not aware of the pants issue as well
@OS can give more explanation about this

something random:
Don't kr if this has been talked about among Yuna's fandom

but Yuna's birthday is on 09/05/1990
"九五之尊"

九五至尊 in English means "9 and 5 reign supreme". According to ancient Chinese beliefs, the number 9 ranks as the highest number, and the number 5 is a "middle" , or "central" number. Thus 9 and 5 together came to be regarded as a supreme combination which symbolized the emperor.

According to our lovely buddy Google
九五至尊: It was the emperor

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
How come? I've watched both videos from DOI and GPF and it looks the same to me I think... :laugh:

May be another Yuna old fan can confirm this, but i remember reading the pink pant costume zip is is suppsed to design fit at the back, she wore it to the front like how you wear jeans. So it fit a bit odd... when you look at the images, you can certainly see what they mean.

yyyskate

Record Breaker

rikaquegira

On the Ice
ATS? May 20-22.

Speaking of which, on what day will Yuna perform? All three days? Or the show is like, divided into parts? No, right?
I don't know anything about shows cause I've never been to one. :sad21:
I can only watch online.
Btw, I hope ATS puts the official videos on their YouTube channel. :pray:

Speaking of which, on what day will Yuna perform? All three days? Or the show is like, divided into parts? No, right?
I don't know anything about shows cause I've never been to one. :sad21:
I can only watch online.
Btw, I hope ATS puts the official videos on their YouTube channel. :pray:

It's probably the same show for three days. There's an intermission zamboni break.

Izabela

On the Ice

Ohh these are cool! Her frantic movements really did capture the "mad" part of Giselle. Personally love the 6th gif with that sharp arm movement as if she is refusing to believe in/indignantly rejecting the reality. Nice choreography. :yes:

Also love this gif from Fever https://yunagifs.tumblr.com/post/17...to-in-a-beatliterally?is_related_post=1#notes :laugh:

ETA: I meant 7th. (apparently I don't know how to count :drama:).