SP:

1. Danse Macabre
2. El Tango de Roxanne
3. Bond

the rest? Ok.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
She didn't express zero depth, but yeah. I've read that Roxanne was conceived for 6.0 and tweaked for CoP. So maybe that's the sweet spot for development. But moments like those impress me most, and what I do look for. Growth will come.

Uhh that comment might have come from me ... :laugh:

I don't know if it is true, but it is was my reading of the program based on the choreography, the context and the period it was conceived. Tom Dickson is is a student of legendary 6.0 coach Carlo Fassi. Tom played the oboe since age 10, is therefore a product of 6.0, where lyricism (e.g Lu Chen), rhythm and of course musicality were prized - all things that seem really undervalued under the COP. Imo El Tango really exemplifies the best of both worlds can work to create a great program/performance beyond any judging standard. Whereas Lu Chen's best programs can get killed in the current judging system, and something like Alina's backloading overstuffed programs would hurt her artistic scores under 6.0.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Even though, that's still interesting. Some also point out that her Les Miserables feels complete because it's like a 6.0 program. :)

I actually think one of Yuna's goal was to bring best of 6.0 back to create balance in all her programs... you can see it in the programs she chose to put together have qualities that are worth more under 6.0 but worth less consider the amount of effort. Why else would she bother otherwise. And there's the themes to do with nostalgia, reminiscence and rebirth/transformation.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Still for me: IMO

LP Ranking:

1. Homage to Korea
2. Lark Ascending
3. Adios Nonino

the rest? OK

SP:

1. Danse Macabre
2. El Tango de Roxanne
3. Bond

the rest? Ok.

I need to re-watch Homage to Korea...it's been so long :hopelessness:

For me it would be :

LP
1. Les Mis
2. Rhapsody
3. Adios Nonino
4. Lark Ascending

SP
1. Danse Macabre
2. El Tango
3. Bond

Similar tastes :laugh:

Izabela

On the Ice
I actually think one of Yuna's goal was to bring best of 6.0 back to create balance in all her programs... you can see it in the programs she chose to put together have qualities that are worth more under 6.0 but worth less consider the amount of effort. Why else would she bother otherwise. And there's the themes to do with nostalgia, reminiscence and rebirth/transformation.

That’s why tbh I appreciate Yuna’s program more and as a whole and more often than not, everytime I watch fs, I end up watching some of her program just to feel what a complete program looks like.

Lol and my ranking of Yuna programs:

LP:

1. The Lark Ascending (the perfect program she had done imperfectly.)
2. Adios Nonino (the most sublime program she had done IMO in terms of thematic interpretation, respect and parallel to the music and composer, and just sheer “I can feel it, I can feel it” whenever I rewatch it.
3. Les Miserables/Homage to Korea (the first I consider her most complete skate and the second the masterpiece that could have been.)

SP
1. Send in the Clowns (the most intimate and most personal program of Yuna)
2. El Tango de Roxanne
3. The Kiss of the Vampire/Danse Macabre (The first because of its unique charm and the second it’s that program that made me root for her.)

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Tbh my fan dream is for Yuna to become a coach and train all those new up and rising musical girls with superb skills to artistic and technical perfection. After seeing Alysa Liu's Les Mis I really wish Yuna could become like, her mentor or something. I feel like Yuna can inspire and lead young girls to not just great skating, but belief in themselves and mental toughness. Anyone else have a dream like this?? :laugh:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Tbh my fan dream is for Yuna to become a coach and train all those new up and rising musical girls with superb skills to artistic and technical perfection. After seeing Alysa Liu's Les Mis I really wish Yuna could become like, her mentor or something. I feel like Yuna can inspire and lead young girls to not just great skating, but belief in themselves and mental toughness. Anyone else have a dream like this?? :laugh:

Alysa's short is pretty fire too, like Yuna contrast in short and long.

Izabela

On the Ice

I want to see her in the Kiss and Cry corner someday, yes! :luv17:

Nah, I think her work as an ambassador makes more sense to me. I'm not sure how she'd fare as a coach. Her love for FS might return, but IDK if it would be enough to ever coach. And her toughness and mental strength seem to be of a different sort than what I'd expect to see in a coach.

Now as a sports psychologist she could probably work wonders.

I don't see the similarities between Yuna and Alysia Liu. She's just 13, and I think skaters should aspire to become individuals anyway. I'd rather she had room to breathe.

I don't know if it is true, but it is was my reading of the program based on the choreography, the context and the period it was conceived. Tom Dickson is is a student of legendary 6.0 coach Carlo Fassi. Tom played the oboe since age 10, is therefore a product of 6.0, where lyricism (e.g Lu Chen), rhythm and of course musicality were prized - all things that seem really undervalued under the COP. Imo El Tango really exemplifies the best of both worlds can work to create a great program/performance beyond any judging standard. Whereas Lu Chen's best programs can get killed in the current judging system, and something like Alina's backloading overstuffed programs would hurt her artistic scores under 6.0.

:agree: Makes sense!

Izabela

On the Ice
Nah, I think her work as an ambassador makes more sense to me. I'm not sure how she'd fare as a coach. Her love for FS might return, but IDK if it would be enough to ever coach. And her toughness and mental strength seem to be of a different sort than what I'd expect to see in a coach.

But imagine all the funny reactions she would make as a coach! In all seriousness, IIRC she said she doesn't have the patience to be a coach. She still works with skaters in SK though, so there's that. But professionally, she probably won't get into it. Is still hoping to see her in the Kiss and Cry corner though.

Izabela

On the Ice
Ha! Knew it. :biggrin: It's one thing to like working with people, it's another to mentor them.

Actually, her reactions ARE what clued me in.

I can't help but think that she'll gonna be a very, very strict coach who demands no less than perfection.
And all her reactions would include lots of eye rolling and deadpans :rofl:

(BUT IS ACTUALLY A CINNAMON ROLL)

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Yu-Na Kim

Ha! Funny thing happened just now!
I was looking for pics of Yuna to contribute to the “devil wears prada fs edition” thing lol because I’m sure I’ve seen plenty of Yuna “Meryl faces”. Anyway.
I saw a pic of a very young Yuna and much younger looking Brian that caught my attention. Turned out it was a blog post about their split written right when it was happening (very parallel to the whole Medvedeva leaving Eteri thing happening now).
I read through the post and it was interesting and then suddenly there’s a pic of onions that introduces a recipe for some kind of onion sauce or something. Like... what??? lmao
So I’m not sure what is this about but it did talk about Yuna leaving Orser.
http://emswift.blogspot.com.br/2010/08/yuna-kim-fires-orser-and-worlds-best.html?m=1

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Ha! Funny thing happened just now!
I was looking for pics of Yuna to contribute to the “devil wears prada fs edition” thing lol because I’m sure I’ve seen plenty of Yuna “Meryl faces”. Anyway.
I saw a pic of a very young Yuna and much younger looking Brian that caught my attention. Turned out it was a blog post about their split written right when it was happening (very parallel to the whole Medvedeva leaving Eteri thing happening now).
I read through the post and it was interesting and then suddenly there’s a pic of onions that introduces a recipe for some kind of onion sauce or something. Like... what??? lmao
So I’m not sure what is this about but it did talk about Yuna leaving Orser.
http://emswift.blogspot.com.br/2010/08/yuna-kim-fires-orser-and-worlds-best.html?m=1

interesting article.

Izabela

On the Ice
Where can we find that devil wears prada fs edition? Yuna can totally fit in as Miranda :laugh2:

Regarding the split with Orser though, I guess people have renewed interest now with what's going on now. But I honestly wish people give it a rest (not at you but in the Edge where they keep bringing it up). Personally, I don't like it when folks make a quick pass on Orser because at least he's better than Eteri, especially since Yuna had to go through a roller coaster ride of emotion like crying at TCC and not finishing up practice. Making a comparison like that for me kinda diminishes the impact of the split on Yuna, so it's better not to talk about it. Anyway, they look so young on that pic!

And while I still think the SP program by Bourne was just a rumor, imagine if it turned out to be true and it came into fruition. :luv17:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
And in that pic she wasn't even wearing her signature winged eyeliners :laugh2: :devil:

This is what we're missing if she's not gonna be a coach https://yujinishuge.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/yuna-brian.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/C9l7l4i.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9mbLAkVYAQr4q0.jpg

(I just now realized that she really has hilarious reactions :laugh: )

Loool that last face! That's also what I had in mind when I thought of Yuna as a coach :laugh: I think she also had a little of that face when she tried that weird smoothie in Pyeongchang (in one of the Olympic videos). :laugh: