Yuzu’s future? | Golden Skate

Yuzu’s future?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Will he continue? Will Javi’s retirement leave him too lonely at the rink? Should Orser take in Shoma now so he has a worthy training mate for Juzu? I think this Japanese duo could fire up each other in the push to remain number one in Japan and in the world. Does Yuzu have plans for school? At age 23 should he retire and go to college? We will miss him. I don’t think he can compete another quad without many injuries. From his perspective retirement is logical. From mine it’s oh no. Hanyu and Javi gone?

If Stars on Ice were still big both would headline shows in North America and Japan. We won’t see Javi because there I see only Kings on Ice and Japanese shows. Does Yuna even do ATS as a yearly business? Only Yuna can keep those shows up. Yuna please start skating. BTW word is Michelle has all her doubles and the easy triples back. She wants to skate again before hitting forty. I want to see her skate and maybe Scott can finally get her to do a season of SOI. It’s not many shows and Michelle clearly is skating again to heal from her divorce and the big heart ache we all feel for Hillary. So let us hope Michelle would headline SOI and we could have a bigger tour and get skaters like Hanyu and Javi to join the NA tour.

If they did the quads and harder triples people would pay. Michelle Kwan I really believe could reboot skating here. Maybe Yuna would do another show in honor of her return in Korea. ATS can afford all the skaters because Koreans love skating now. It is so sad all these Olympians no longer have COI - it came to my small city instead of only Boston. first and only time I saw MK skate in person. Fields of Gold!!!! It was sold out too. She could reprise that skate or Lyra Angelica. She should do one of her best loved programs. She looks awesome on instagram. I’m really believing we could have a pro revival for a couple years. The Olympics was incredible and Scott could book many more cities if Kwan made a comeback. Then maybe other rich skaters would invest. The 90’s millionaires. They don’t have to skate just invest in the NA Stars on Ice. If successful they could do Europe. I think a lot of people would love to see Michelle in person and perhaps we could see some top foreign talent on the tour again and not just the usual Americans he has been using.

Anyway. OFf my topic but I am afraid we will never have the pros again. Retirement really means retirement and we here in America don’t get to see the best. I saw Hanyu gala skate. So beautiful. And Javi. So funny and athletic. Javi was the silver medalist in my heart. Forever Hanyu and Javi. A true skating bromance. Scott you are a rich man! All your skating friends are millionaires. Michelle, Tara, Witt, Wylie, Kerrigan, Eldridge. These skaters would invest in the tour not skate but show us the current Olympic champs. I suspect a lot of people would dish out big bucks for this if the numbers were using quads triple axels big twists and throws. And if a stunning in shape Kwan was the headlining lady we could get the others. They don’t expect big money anymore but I truly believe they want to keep skating. Scott should use young choreographers like Misha Ge and ask Orser or Orteri team to design difficult exhibitions. I believe there is a market for it. My citynhas 14,000 seats barely used. The millionaires like Roz and her husband should invest in the future of pro skating. I am amazed no one is really willing to invest and get the sponsors for a COI type show. Just the very best Olympians doing their programs and the skaters will line up to play. to see a show like that. Anyway back to topic... sorry I need a happy dream today...

What do you want Hanyu to pursue Next????? What’s your best guess on his plans... so sad Oly is over. Only Worlds is left and who will be there???

He wants to get the 4A.

I'd love to see him try, but I think all of us fans would have heart attacks all the time.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Does Yuzu have plans for,school? At23should he retire and go to college?

Yuzuru is close to graduating from Waseda University, his degree is in Human Informatics and Cognitive Sciences.

Anyway, no, he's not retiring. He wants to heal, retirement is not close, he wants to go after the 4A next and is rebuilding his Axel. There you go, in short.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Yuzuru is close to graduating from Waseda University, his degree is in Human Informatics and Cognitive Sciences.

Really, that´s awesome.Was wondering about that since I haven´t seen any information on the matter...

I think he will be fine with out Javier, when Yuzuru was younger he need it him, but now it looks like he is more outgoing and with out college he will have more time to meet new people...

Edit. Do you know how many courses does he has left?

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Really, that´s awesome.Was wondering about that since I haven´t seen any information on the matter...

I think he will be fine with out Javier, when Yuzuru was younger he need it him, but now it looks like he is more outgoing and with out college he will have more time to meet new people...

Edit. Do you know how many courses does he has left?

No, sorry. If I have my time-line right, he's in his last year.
There's video, as it was part of one TV show, of him mucking about with jumps on paper, using some of the stuff he has learned. It's really neat.

And yes, I think he'll be just fine.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
There's video, as it was part of one TV show, of him mucking about with jumps on paper, using some of the stuff he has learned. It's really neat.

Thank you, would see in the media thread to see if I can find it. I was thinking he should be advancing but didn´t thought he was gonna finish soon, after all skaters like Meryl and Charlie had still not graduated (they are smart, just not that focus).

Also, his english have gotten way better so he can communicate better.

skateluvr

Record Breaker

Well which is it? Yuzu at worlds then we say goodbye? Or he continues a couple more years to land quad axel? What has he told the press in Japan? Is it physically possible for him to do quad axel? Chen has problems with triple axel so it won’t be Chen to do it. Has anyone ever even done it in practice?????

somelikeitpink

On the Ice
Well which is it? Yuzu at worlds then we say goodbye? Or he continues a couple more years to land quad axel? What has he told the press in Japan? Is it physically possible for him to do quad axel? Chen has problems with triple axel so it won’t be Chen to do it. Has anyone ever even done it in practice?????

There are rumours by several people that he has actually landed it in Practice. And if I remember correctly someone else in Russia also tried it in competition recently but fell?

Yuzu talked about it last year that he spoke to scientists if its possible - same with the quints and that theoretically it is physically possible.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Thank you, would see in the media thread to see if I can find it. I was thinking he should be advancing but didn´t thought he was gonna finish soon, after all skaters like Meryl and Charlie had still not graduated (they are smart, just not that focus).

Also, his english have gotten way better so he can communicate better.

From here
https://youtu.be/KhKvqS5gOq4?t=358

I think it helps he's quite focused on skating and not that outgoing so he's focused on those two things, school and practice.
It has! Even more so when he's not talking to journalists; we had a good shot at hearing him during practice with Brian, Tracy & Briand during the Olympics, and he's more relaxed and it flows. He's stated he intends to work more on that too, I suppose considering his plans to be further involved in coaching it seems.

ETA Oops Yoa linked you to it already :laugh:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker

Which is what? I don't understand what you mean, I'm sorry.

He wants to heal (so 99.99% no Worlds), then he intends to work on the 4A (next season earliest). He has also stated that retirement is not in the close future. What that means precisely, we'll have to wait and see.

He has landed the 4A in practice, in and out of harness. Whether he can stabilize it enough to attempt in practice? I believe so.

He has landed the 4A in practice, in and out of harness. Whether he can stabilize it enough to attempt in practice? I believe so.

Cleanly? And without UR? Is there footage?

I think I remember Boyang trying it too, but I think he fell or URed or both.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Cleanly? And without UR? Is there footage?

I think I remember Boyang trying it too, but I think he fell or URed or both.

Nope. Brian speaks about the harness attempts here:
https://twitter.com/AP_Sports/status/965856066868150273

and the other info came to us way before this. He landed it this summer, fully rotated. That comes from Max Ambesi who is never wrong on these (he says his success rate is 30% on it) and independently, Miki Ando said at one point she's seen him land it too.

So he obviously did spend some part of the summer mucking about with it. IMO it is something that told him that he can, and what he needs to do to successfully try it in competition. He also said he's rebuilding his Axel, personally I connect it to the 4A attempt in the future and any data he collected with those tries. He really is quite analytical in his approaches to skating!

That video from the other page is awesome to see. He has entire notebooks filled with data from his whole career. It's one of the reasons I am very happy he intends to stay in skating and all that knowledge and experience won't be lost.