Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 291 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

jimeonji

Final Flight
isn't the base value only 0.18 higher than PW...since we don't get the extra 10% for the 3A anymore?

Sorry to jump into your conversation it's my first time posting here but have been in lurking mode for months now^^

oh, right, I didn't know that's what was meant~ his BV for jumps alone last season was 10.3 + 9.35 + 11.11 = 30.76. With the current layout, it would be 8.5 + 11.33 + 11.11 = 30.94. I stand corrected :biggrin: yay for first post! post often!

HanDomi

Record Breaker
But it can somehow affect his PCS also overall for higher difficulty and program composition I think... And judges can really reward him with higher GOEs

Esopian

Final Flight
Wow, after one day this thread just exploded with the news of Yuzu's new SP and costume!! :eek:

I'm excited to watch the entire program on Jun 30, but overall I was taken in surprise by his costume. Even though I wouldn't think it looks amazing, it's okay (could've been worse) ... 6.8/10.

annca

On the Ice
i think the costume is kinda a mix of his vertigo and r&j 1(because of the neck thing + the ombre effect) so i cant find anything about the costume that could resemble to other skaters, its a very YUZU style (and not just because of the over bedazzled top) :).. and i kinda like it??? i dunno, he looks princely somehow lol

makaihime

Final Flight
NHK was almost a certain, but I was hoping it'd be SA so I can get to see him :biggrin: Anyways, I want him to have an easy road to the finals so in that sense I'm happy he got CoC and NHK :p Plus, maybe we'll get to see some more YuzuruxTeam China interactions cause Song,Han Yan, and Zijun are all there :yay:

makaihime

Final Flight
I am pleased that Kanako and Yuzu get the same assignment. Could they both be the champion and perform some couple dance in gala? :party2::points:

No chance in CoC, but lets hope so in NHK :agree: I miss seeing those two together. And we'll most likely see Yuzu/Yulia together again in CoC :yay:

skatefan22

Medalist
No chance in CoC, but lets hope so in NHK :agree: I miss seeing those two together. And we'll most likely see Yuzu/Yulia together again in CoC :yay:

Fine. Yuzu/Julia couple is also good!! I like Julia for she never hides her admiration for Yuzu. :agree: Good girl!!

ps. And since Yuzu considers Nan SONG as a buddy, they can also pair up to perform something special like they used to do. I don't mind at all. :biggrin:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I am pleased that Kanako and Yuzu get the same assignment. Could they both be the champion and perform some couple dance in gala? :party2::points:

I was going to post the same. Hope Kanako won´t retired after this season, but at least this year Yuzuru and her will spend some time together.

pooh91

Rinkside
oh, right, I didn't know that's what was meant~ his BV for jumps alone last season was 10.3 + 9.35 + 11.11 = 30.76. With the current layout, it would be 8.5 + 11.33 + 11.11 = 30.94. I stand corrected :biggrin: yay for first post! post often!

Thx I try to post here more often but I'm not really that knowledgable in figure skating yet since I only started watching it after the Olympics (Yuzu's SP was the first program I ever watched :eek::). So excuse me if I say something wrong (e.g. I still have problems identifying the jumps :scratch:). I'm still learning^^.

So with the assignments out I wonder when we will know whether Yuzuru will participate in a B-level competition? I guess it'll be annouced much later? Some can help me out on that?

About the assignments themself NHK was expected he'll most probably win it I hope...I see more competition in CoC (my hope's on Han Yan...I have a soft spot for him and I think he'll step up the next season, maybe Kovtun but not his fan though and possibly the Americans too but I think they might be past their peak (don't wanna offend anyone and I'm a newbie sorry...and I admit I haven't seen that many of their competitions)). I'd love to see Yulia/Yuzu at the gala together :love:. But I'm looking most forward to Skate America (for the men's event).

jimeonji

Final Flight
Thx I try to post here more often but I'm not really that knowledgable in figure skating yet since I only started watching it after the Olympics (Yuzu's SP was the first program I ever watched :eek::). So excuse me if I say something wrong (e.g. I still have problems identifying the jumps :scratch:). I'm still learning^^.

So with the assignments out I wonder when we will know whether Yuzuru will participate in a B-level competition? I guess it'll be annouced much later? Some can help me out on that?

About the assignments themself NHK was expected he'll most probably win it I hope...I see more competition in CoC (my hope's on Han Yan...I have a soft spot for him and I think he'll step up the next season, maybe Kovtun but not his fan though and possibly the Americans too but I think they might be past their peak (don't wanna offend anyone and I'm a newbie sorry...and I admit I haven't seen that many of their competitions)). I'd love to see Yulia/Yuzu at the gala together :love:. But I'm looking most forward to Skate America (for the men's event).

It's okay, a lot of us got into FS around the Olympics, so you're not alone! Don't hesitate to ask questions. The more skating you watch, the easier it is to identify jumps ;)

Most likely, he'll do Finlandia at the beginning of October, sufficiently earlier than CoC. I think we'll find out as we get closer to the event and we find out the entries for Finlandia.

Honestly, I don't see any skater that could pose a serious challenge for Yuzuru, except Kovtun or Han Yan, as you said - but only if he bombs. He has a considerable cushion as OGM and WGM. Unlike last season when he had to compete with Patrick at both his events, he should have no problem making GPF.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Thx I try to post here more often but I'm not really that knowledgable in figure skating yet since I only started watching it after the Olympics (Yuzu's SP was the first program I ever watched :eek::). So excuse me if I say something wrong (e.g. I still have problems identifying the jumps :scratch:). I'm still learning^^
ah, don't worry about it, same with me, I talk nonsense all the time and they still let me play with them ;) (or at least they haven't thrown me out yet)

that's actually something I've been meaning to ask as well (since I happen to be in Helsinki around Finlandia *coughs* pure coincidence *coughs*)