Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 290 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Ophelia

Record Breaker
He NEEDS to skate to New World Symphony Mov. 4 for his LP one of these years. It's PERRRFECT for him.

jimeonji

Final Flight
I've heard this kind of spin is really hard to learn (with two blades), so it's the improvement for him from the technical point of view- learn a new difficult element. I don't remember exactly who I've seen performing it last season- can anyone help- was it Machida?
Dai always does something similar, head leaned back and all. See his last spin in his short from this past season.

Kalina

On the Ice
I've heard this kind of spin is really hard to learn (with two blades), so it's the improvement for him from the technical point of view- learn a new difficult element. I don't remember exactly who I've seen performing it last season- can anyone help- was it Machida?

Two foot spins are hard to learn for a beginner, maybe. But anyway, this is 1. not on two feet 2. the same spin variation he does at the end of PW, only with his arms in a different position.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
But anyway, this is 1. not on two feet 2. the same spin variation he does at the end of PW, only with his arms in a different position.
You are actually right- I've watched it again from different angles- it's a one foot spin.

sajoya

On the Ice
This thread is great, I swear :laugh:

I remember just yesterday someone mentioned about Yuzuru showing his new SP on DOI, and oh boy, when I checked and saw the thread jumped to 7 pages, right away I knew that something big happened. I must say I cringe when I saw links to his costume. I was hesitating whether to click it or not. But like many have said, it's not too bad, simple but definitely not unpleasant to the eyes (but that sash belt... i wish he could lower it down a bit). The images doesn't really do it justice, but watching it live does. It matched the program pretty well.

mikaboo

Medalist
Thank you so much for this video! Can you translate what he says at the end of the video? Anything about motivation after winning the Olympics?

Just a quick translation:
In order to keep evolving, he has to try new things.
He is going to be really tested for his scores and his capabilities.
In the new season, he wants to make an impression with good results and performances that is suitable for an Olympic champion.

I think his motivation is to prove that he can do better than his LP at Sochi. :)

Sorrento

Record Breaker
So when do we get to see his new LP? We haven't seen the full SP yet but I get the idea. Now the LP is a pure mystery- a new choreographer, no one knows the music, people fear of Weir's costume... Is it going to happen during DOI or later? I'm trying to be petient but I can't. I really hate to wait. When?:popcorn:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Oh nice, I love the music choice :) The layout is quite interesting as well, seeing as the 2nd half quad only gives about an extra .20 in BV. Probably like others have said, its his way of continuously challenging himself. I'm extremely interested in seeing his LP because it seems he has very high confidence in his 4T so maybe he'll do a quad combo along with 2 solo quads?

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Just a quick translation:
In order to keep evolving, he has to try new things.
He is going to be really tested for his scores and his capabilities.
In the new season, he wants to make an impression with good results and performances that is suitable for an Olympic champion.

I think his motivation is to prove that he can do better than his LP at Sochi. :)
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I wish I could give a hug!:) So- proving himself to himself and the others. He's tough to himself. Perfectionist?
I've always wanted to ask this from Japanese speakers- I have a feeling he has a great sence of humor- does he?

jimeonji

Final Flight
Oh nice, I love the music choice :) The layout is quite interesting as well, seeing as the 2nd half quad only gives about an extra .20 in BV. Probably like others have said, its his way of continuously challenging himself. I'm extremely interested in seeing his LP because it seems he has very high confidence in his 4T so maybe he'll do a quad combo along with 2 solo quads?

The 2nd half quad gives him a total of 10.3 x 1.1 points, or 11.33 points - a 1.03 points greater base value than before. His 4t is scary consistent, so although there is a greater risk, I think it is one that can be taken for the greater reward.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
The 2nd half quad gives him a total of 10.3 x 1.1 points, or 11.33 points - a 1.03 points greater base value than before. His 4t is scary consistent, so although there is a greater risk, I think it is one that can be taken for the greater reward.

Ah yes, I forgot it was 1.1 and not .1 :) Thanks for the correction. Has it ever been done before?

Yuzusan

On the Ice
With this costume, he looks like Machida ... I appreciate Machida but it is a little bit too classical for me.
Concerning the video, the triple axel was perfect and the 4T very proper. I think DOI will be on air 29th, no ?

jimeonji

Final Flight
With this costume, he looks like Machida ... I appreciate Machida but it is a little bit too classical for me.
Concerning the video, the triple axel was perfect and the 4T very proper. I think DOI will be on air 29th, no ?

I actually think the first ballade is one of the more accessible pieces in classical music. It's beautiful :love:
it will broadcast June 30 at 1:15 am JST.

jimeonji

Final Flight
Ah yes, I forgot it was 1.1 and not .1 :) Thanks for the correction. Has it ever been done before?
not in the short program, I don't think. A few skaters have done two quads in the short (Kovtun, Reynolds) but always before the halfway mark. In the long, those that do 3 quads (Kovtun, Reynolds, Javi) usually do the 3rd quad past the halfway point.

pooh91

Rinkside

isn't the base value only 0.18 higher than PW...since we don't get the extra 10% for the 3A anymore?

Sorry to jump into your conversation it's my first time posting here but have been in lurking mode for months now^^