Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 857 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Pika

Final Flight
My dear, if you ask, fans shall deliver! I present to you, this masterpiece! cr.

I can't stop laughing ! Chinese fan are sooooo far ahead ! :rofl:
Sincerely, I'm a bit skeptikal about this costume. The design and the beading are beautiful, but the colour disturbs me. And also I'm struggling to imagine it with the routine, that some reports called abstract, etc. But i'll wait to see everything to have an opinion.
My top three for his costumes :
1° POTOs
2° Etude
3° PW and RJ1
Okay that's rather a top five but I'm sure no one will blame me ;)
We've seen FP, a new EX, now the SP has to cooome !! :popcorn:

Rissa

Record Breaker
The design and the beading are beautiful, but the colour disturbs me. And also I'm struggling to imagine it with the routine, that some reports called abstract, etc. But i'll wait to see everything to have an opinion.

But the color is perfect! Bright but not too agressive and it goes with the bling beautifully! The color of the Believe costume was a tiny bit too subdued overall, IMO, but that shade of blue is wonderful!

That said, I also can't wait to see the routine and what abstract means. I read a few pages back that it was also described as modern dance. Hamaguri's report said that it was sharp and intense which makes it all the more intriguing.

Last edited:

firal

Record Breaker
My favorites are;

1. Etude
2. R&J 1
3. Under Armour
http://prcm.jp/album/upaupaupapa/pic/21941216

:p

I think Under Armour gets a special mention in everyone's list, no?? :biggrin:

Thanks for all the postings or drawings. I love to see how creative everyone is! I am a little more confident now that I can make it through the dark ages that will be coming up after the shows are over in a few weeks...

Last edited:

Pika

Final Flight
Moria Polonius, its not that I dislike the colour, which is beautiful. Maybe its the association with the frills. I really need to see it in motion.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Moria Polonius, its not that I dislike the colour, which is beautiful. Maybe its the association with the frills. I really need to see it in motion.

Perhaps unsettling was what he was going for? Something scratched and wounded, like kitches said. It would fit the Requiem theme. I can't wait to see it motion either.

Plumededragon

Medalist
I'm pretty sure seeing it in mention can change the mind of people who doesn't like it too much because of the amount of frills. I guess we'll now on July 11th, when it will be broadcast. ;)

I 100% love this new costume already, so I'm confident I will also love it in mention. :biggrin:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Speculation time:

Remember how Yuzuru was asked about his new SP and was about to say something but finally he didn't? Well, if his new EX is in a style different than his usual fare, perhaps the new SP is going to be in the same style? Do you think Yuzuru would go through the trouble of experimentation just for a few EX performances?

Now I'm going off the deep end here but perhaps the Requiem or something similar will be his new SP? The blue costume has that expensive thought-long-and-hard-on-it crazy-designer's-dream vibe that is a notch or two above Yuzuru's other EX costumes. It has the look of a competition costume rather than an EX costume, with all the detail and intricacy of the design.

Geez, lol, I really need to see that program, not seeing the "abstract" "modern" and "sharp" is driving me crazy, as you can see. :eek::

gsyzf

Medalist
Wow, it's sure never a dull moment when it comes to Yuzuru revealing his new costumes! :laugh:

I'm feeling a bit neutral to the costume ... the color of it as a whole suits him, but the design with many frills is questionable :think:. To me, it resembles his 'blue flame' costume a bit except this time the color used is bright turquoise, green-ish with much more frills. I can't wait to see his new EX program that goes along with it though. With the topic of costumes, I have to say my top 3 favourite costumes from Yuzu are:

(1) POTO no.1 (red)
(2) Hana ni nare
(3) R&J no.1

What are your top 3 choices for his best costumes so far? (curious to see everyone else's picks)

I'm not a fan of frills. Also, I think tight costumes on him makes his posture worse. So I generally prefer more loose costumes on Yuzu. My favorite costumes are:

1. SEIMEI (The costume makes twirls when he jump/spins/twizzles, which is kind of cool. I hope he doesn't change this costume too much.)
2. POTO 1.0 (This one is tight on him, but it looks good on him.)
3. RJ 1.0 (He looks like a little prince)

I think Hana ni nare, PW (blue), final time traveler (FaoI), and just normal blue/black/white shirt that he wears in ice shows look good on him.

ficelle

On the Ice
Speculation time:

Remember how Yuzuru was asked about his new SP and was about to say something but finally he didn't? Well, if his new EX is in a style different than his usual fare, perhaps the new SP is going to be in the same style? Do you think Yuzuru would go through the trouble of experimentation just for a few EX performances?

Now I'm going off the deep end here but perhaps the Requiem or something similar will be his new SP? The blue costume has that expensive thought-long-and-hard-on-it crazy-designer's-dream vibe that is a notch or two above Yuzuru's other EX costumes. It has the look of a competition costume rather than an EX costume, with all the detail and intricacy of the design.

Geez, lol, I really need to see that program, not seeing the "abstract" "modern" and "sharp" is driving me crazy, as you can see. :eek::

I also think it's an experimentation, but not for this year though...It's still too early, he need to learn how to make this new style his. But if it's a success, maybe we could see a program of this type for the 2016/2017 or for the next Olympic.

As for the costume quality, I think it's because of the subject of the performance. We all know 3.11 is something really important/serious for him (not sure my choice of word is good, but you know what I mean).
Furthermore, as someone says today in this tread, next year it will be 5 years since the earthquake/tsunami. More precisly, the timing is perfect with the World. I think he want to make an exceptional EX for the occasion. And since he tend to have plan for everything, I would say he think something like : "I will win back the World title and then I will make this EX and dedicate it to the people who suffer because of 3.11".

Well maybe my imagination is a bit to creative ^^".
Anyway, I really want to see this program....

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
Speaking of costumes, I thought this was really cute. Madison Chock was playing with the jewels on Yuzu's FTT costume during Worlds gala :biggrin:

Credit as tagged

When my friend (who's been there herself) saw your picture she told me she remembers that moment. Right after Chock approached him to play with the costume he quickly jumped away from her as if he was scared (she was a bit surprised but let him be). The kid cares about his costumes so much :drama:

Pika

Final Flight
I also think it's an experimentation, but not for this year though...It's still too early, he need to learn how to make this new style his. But if it's a success, maybe we could see a program of this type for the 2016/2017 or for the next Olympic.

As for the costume quality, I think it's because of the subject of the performance. We all know 3.11 is something really important/serious for him (not sure my choice of word is good, but you know what I mean).
Furthermore, as someone says today in this tread, next year it will be 5 years since the earthquake/tsunami. More precisly, the timing is perfect with the World. I think he want to make an exceptional EX for the occasion. And since he tend to have plan for everything, I would say he think something like : "I will win back the World title and then I will make this EX and dedicate it to the people who suffer because of 3.11".

This actually makes sense. He was deeply touched by the 3.11, I don't think your reasoning is too fantasist.
For the SP, I would rather think he will stay in a "confidence area" for the style this year, as Seimei is already an experiment, but I might be wrong.

Rissa

Record Breaker

:think: Your creativity seems more logical than mine... :clap:

I know what you mean. It has affected him deeply and it's something that will probably stay with him forever.

Last edited:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
When my friend (who's been there herself) saw your picture she told me she remembers that moment. Right after Chock approached him to play with the costume he quickly jumped away from her as if he was scared (she was a bit surprised but let him be). The kid cares about his costumes so much :drama:

Yes he does. I remember how he roared when his R & J 2 costume got tangled up with Tatsuki's at 2013 Japanese Nationals.

Btw besides being fascinated by his costume, I think Madison also admires him as a skater. It was sporting of her and the rest of Team USA to stand up and applaud him after his performance at the Sochi Olympics team event, which in a sense was his introduction to the world.

Going to Yuzuru's new exhibition costume, I see it's inspiring fan art from the sublime (Newbiespectator's) to the err...amusing [Yuzuru (Yuzuriel :biggrin:) with fishtail. I do think the author made it for laughs. ;)] Re the program itself, I want to see it first to see if it has "competitive legs."

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
This is the report of the second show of Kanazawa FaOI on June 27, Sunday

First of all, thank you for reading the previous report or supporting me. I can continue to write thanks to you:).

(PART II)

Part II is about SEIMEI

(Costume)
My friend said a minor change was made in his costume.
The sleeves got larger in width, more like a Japanese traditional costume.

(Jumps)
4S (punk, 2S?) 4T(fall), 3F (o), 4T (fall), 3A-3T (o)
He didn’t do well with his jumps that day. It was partly because of the ice. After finished, he skated towards the certain area and stroked the ice with his blades and hands.

(Performance)
In the show, what made me most surprised was his speed. Obviously he got more speed than in Makuhari. He was skating from one corner to another with an incredible speed.

Further, his overall movements were sharper and more controlled and deliberate than in DOI.
Coreo sequence got stronger and dramatic!

The elements seemed to increase. But, the choreography itself impressed that it was on it’s way and far from the complete even though I knew some parts had not yet included. The overall impression will be much different in competitions.

And ina bauer…. Someone had talked about ina bauer in SEIMEI. In terms of interpretation, it was well mixed in music and effective. Of course, it presented a kind of climax, but the feeling wasn’t as dramatic as in RJ2, Phantom or so.

His spin.. In FaOI, there’s a master of spin. Of course it’s Stephan. His spin is truly masterpiece. Compared with Stephan’s, yuzu’s spin nearly reached Stephan’s level. Oh, it might be exaggerated:drama:…. Anyway, it was sure when it came to spin, both two stood out clearly.

About music, it didn’t feel like so Japanesque. That’s partly because the other instruments than the Japanese traditional ones were used enough. The point I noticed was Japanese flute around 2:00 in this video . It sounded as if it came from far away. If he can make supernatural-like atmosphere around here, the program will be different.

Throughout the show, he was apparently in different mode than in one at Makuhari I had previously saw him live. In Makuhari, he felt relaxed and amused himself and audience bringing back his old EX, and at “Believe”, he was skating happily and passionately. In Kanazawa, however, he felt a bit serious and was in a kind of competition mode. He might have switched his mode.

Part III is other things about yuzu and show overall, other skaters. Show itself was great and high-quality entertainment more than Makuhari, I suppose. In Kanazawa, music was gorgeous and programs were better. I guess the layout of Kobe show will be almost the same, as Makuhari’ and Shizuoka’ were so. We can expect the broadcast of KOBE!

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker

First of all, thank you for reading the report or supporting me. I can continue to write thanks to you:).

(PART II)

Part II is about SEIMEI

(Costume)

(Jumps)
He didn’t do well with his jumps that day. It was partly because of the ice. After finished, he skated towards a certain area and stroked the ice with his blades and hands.

(Performance)
In the show, what made me most surprised was his speed. Obviously he got more speed than in Makuhari. He was skating from one corner to another with an incredible speed.

Further, his overall movements were sharper and more controlled and deliberate than in DOI.

The elements seemed to increase. But, the choreography itself impressed that it was far from the complete even though I knew some parts had not yet included. The overall impression will be much different in competitions.

And ina bauer…. Someone had talked about ina bauer in SEIMEI. In terms of interpretation, it was well mixed in music and effective. Of course, it presented a kind of climax, but the feeling wasn’t as dramatic as in RJ2, Phantom or so.

His spin.. In FaOI, there’s a master of spin. Of course it’s Stephan. His spin is truly masterpiece. Compared with Stephan’s, yuzu’s spin nearly reached Stephan’s level. Oh, it might be exaggerated:drama:…. Anyway, it was sure when it came to spin, both two stood out clearly.

About music, it didn’t feel like so Japanesque. That’s partly because the other instruments than the Japanese inherent ones were used enough. The point I noticed was Japanese flute around 2:00 in this video . It sounded as if it came from far away. If he can make supernatural-like atmosphere around here, the program will be different.

Throughout the show, he was apparently in different mode than in one at Makuhari I had previously saw him live. In Makuhari, he felt relaxed and amused himself and audience bringing back his old EX, and at “Believe”, he was skating happily and passionately. In Kanazawa, however, he felt a bit serious and was in a kind of competition mode. He might have switched his mode.

Part III is other things about yuzu and show overall, other skaters. Show itself was great and high-quality entertainment more than Makuhari, I suppose. In Kanazawa, music was gorgeous and programs were better. I guess the layout of Kobe show will be almost the same, as Makuhari’ and Shizuoka’ were so. We can expect the broadcast of KOBE!

Thank you so much for the reports, once again! There was a problem with the ice?
Even though SEIMEI is still a work in progress and I guess still a but far from complete, I'm glad there are some things that are coming together, that way he wouldn't need to work on it that much throughout the season. I bet it's amazing to see his actual speed in the ice live.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

First of all, thank you for reading the previous report or supporting me. I can continue to write thanks to you:).

(PART II)

Part II is about SEIMEI

(Costume)

(Jumps)
He didn’t do well with his jumps that day. It was partly because of the ice. After finished, he skated towards the certain area and stroked the ice with his blades and hands.

(Performance)

The elements seemed to increase. But, the choreography itself impressed that it was far from the complete even though I knew some parts had not yet included. The overall impression will be much different in competitions.

About music, it didn’t feel like so Japanesque. That’s partly because the other instruments than the Japanese traditional ones were used enough. The point I noticed was Japanese flute around 2:00 in this video . It sounded as if it came from far away. If he can make supernatural-like atmosphere around here, the program will be different.

Thank you hamaguri very much for your report. Glad to know the progress of "SEIMEI." And of course I hope you had a great time watching the show. (It seemed you did. :))

Re his spins, Yuzuru has said that Stephane himself gave him tips. Re his speed on the ice, I credit his hard work with Tracy Wilson, his skating skills coach. I've read that because of his increased speed, for a time Yuzuru had trouble landing his jumps until he has learned the proper control.

ahkeekee

Medalist
I'll join the discussion on my favourite Yuzu cosrumes, mine are:
1) hana ni nare
2) pw (the black one)
3) the seimei one (so far)
Thanks hamaguri and everyone else for your reports!!! I'm so excited to see videos now....