Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 193 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanyaYuzura

On the Ice
Was watching Eurosport today during Shoma Uno's K&C section, and the commentator basically commented, "Now that Daisuke has retired, this guy could be the new king of Japanese figure skating".
My reation turned from this....:shocked:....to :confused:.........to "what about yuzu?, he's not retired nor dead, and as a matter of fact, does exist":bang:

:biggrin: Please calm down warwick. They're actually right.
Yuzuru is no longer in the KING category. Eversince the Olympics 2014, he's been promoted to a GOD. So it should be
"Now that Daisuke has retired, this guy could be the new king of Japanese figure skating. WITH YUZURU HANYU BEING THE GOD".:)

firal

Record Breaker
Looking ahead to Skate Canada... I believe like last year and like the Autumn Classics, they would stream the whole thing including the practices? However, do we think he will go to the morning practice on Thursday or just to the evening one? I seem to remember last season he didn't show up for the morning session but showed up for the evening one. Was that the Worlds?

shyne

Final Flight
Looking ahead to Skate Canada... I believe like last year and like the Autumn Classics, they would stream the whole thing including the practices? However, do we think he will go to the morning practice on Thursday or just to the evening one? I seem to remember last season he didn't show up for the morning session but showed up for the evening one. Was that the Worlds?
From my experience with SCAC, we will find his entire practice on Youtube afterwards. You won't miss it.

HanyaYuzura

On the Ice
Understand everyone good intention and want the best for Yuzu.

"those advice" are just us fans on this forum discussing. This does not reach him and his team...unless they read this forum. We do not know what are the advice he's getting from his team, his motivation and their strategy. We just need to trust him and his team.

The bolded part...IT WOULD BE WOW. Remember Lunna's video edit going through to Yuzu? Nothing's impossible in this thread I guess.:dance:

HanyaYuzura

On the Ice
I could do with one of these but i already had yuzu infused ramen during lunch and yuzu flavored tea for dinner so I'll pass for now.

About 2 seasons ago my motto in supporting Yuzuru has been "Kung saan ka masaya (Whatever makes you happy)". I found that it lessened my tendency to develop wrinkles and grey hair as well as made watching him do this crazy layouts easier. However, that doesn't stop the moments of me wishing of him dropping the nth number of transitions. I think I'll probably break my 3 year old Seimei charm this season.

:jaw: Wow Aya... "Maka- Hanyu ka rin?! Ahaha! Kala ko naman ako lang mag-isa dito.hehe.. (Are you a Hanyu slave too? I thought I'm the only one here!hehe)
well hi!:)

yhmafan

Medalist
Thank you for all the interesting discussion.

Has this already been posted?
http://www.marunouchi.com/event/detail/2442

「羽生くんのスケートリンク」(Ice Skate Rink collaborated with Yuzu) will appear at Maru-Building near Tokyo Station.
There will also be a short lightning show tracing Yuzu's skating of PW.(Sorry, I can't explain well.)

What a nice Christmas present from Yuzu!
I can't skate at all, but I really want to visit there!!

Apparently Mao once appeared the same rink for the event 9 years ago. and did mini-performance in front of the large number of audiences and cameras :eek:

Although I don't think that Yuzuru will go there.

ElenaClaire

On the Ice
Getting closer to SC and I'm getting even more nervous... due to timezone I'm not gonna be able to actually live stream it (not that I want to because somehow I seem to have this jinx-ing tendency) :slink:
just hoping everything is going smoothly now with the practice and all that.

As fans, it's understandable that we're worried/concerned and have opinions to say about things but still we should respect his decision as he's the only one who understands himself the most. Also, the decision taken sure has been through his team as well. So they all have taken time to evaluate and weigh the options carefully.. including thinking about the long term objective as well. His best interest is the most important.
So I'm just gonna support him and pray that he'll stay healthy this season and can perform to his best ability and continue to improve. :agree:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Getting closer to SC and I'm getting even more nervous... due to timezone I'm not gonna be able to actually live stream it (not that I want to because somehow I seem to have this jinx-ing tendency) :slink:
just hoping everything is going smoothly now with the practice and all that.

As fans, it's understandable that we're worried/concerned and have opinions to say about things but still we should respect his decision as he's the only one who understands himself the most. Also, the decision taken sure has been through his team as well. So they all have taken time to evaluate and weigh the options carefully.. including thinking about the long term objective as well. His best interest is the most important.
So I'm just gonna support him and pray that he'll stay healthy this season and can perform to his best ability and continue to improve. :agree:

honestly thinking about Skate Canada already gives me butterflies in stomach, can't decide watch it live or not ? :drama:
(After decades of figure skating fangirling I finally calmed down and just enjoyed the sport, After 2011 with Yuzuru teen feelings came again, I think I am too old but I can do nothing with it) :)))

Lunna

On the Ice
honestly thinking about Skate Canada already gives me butterflies in stomach, can't decide watch it live or not ? :drama:
(After decades of figure skating fangirling I finally calmed down and just enjoyed the sport, After 2011 with Yuzuru teen feelings came again, I think I am too old but I can do nothing with it) :)))
Well, you're not the only one who thought that she's already too old for fangirling before 2011 :rolleye: haha ))) For now I'm going to watch it live despite the middle of the night in my time-zone :cheer:

Eloyse

On the Ice
I'm going to watch it live because when I watch a competition live, my favourites usually do relatively well:biggrin:I'm a little superstitious:biggrin:

GO!!!!Yuzu!!!:cheer2:

Marin

Record Breaker
usually I am watching everything live, but after coc I feel am not fully recovered yet, everytime I watch live I am loosing several weeks of my life, even at AC, I knew this was not true competition but I almost passed away even during practice run through, anyways as a big M finally I will end watching live at midnight :drama:
Go Yuzu :cheer:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
that precious moment when someone doesn't know who you are :laugh:

(ETA: that post is ancient, but I still thought it was funny. I don't know what it's like to be recognized, but I know what it's like to not recognize someone :laugh: )

Last edited:

Marin

Record Breaker
that precious moment when someone doesn't know who you are :laugh:

(ETA: that post is ancient, but I still thought it was funny. I don't know what it's like to be recognized, but I know what it's like to not recognize someone :laugh: )

Remembering when I have met Hugh Grant in a store of London, I was like "The guy is so familiar I have seen him somewhere", when I remembered it was too late :)))

Status
Not open for further replies.