Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 194 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

yhmafan

Medalist
Back to the topic about his quotes thing, I adore his words in this video.

挑戦自体が僕のモチベーションをあげるためのものだと思っているので、
出来ることを出し惜しみしてやっていたらつまらないじゃないですか
それは多分一生懸命ではないんです。
どんな状況でも全力を出すというのは僕のスケーターとしての流儀。

For me, (difficult) challenging itself is the matter that can lift up my motivation.
It is not interesting at all that if you save your ability to do something in spite of being capable of doing.
That cannot be said that you gave it all.
I will do my best in any situations. It’s my style as a skater.

Again, anyone who is Japanese speaker help me, if you have better translation. :eek::

ETA: Just now, someone gave me the very better translation of his quote, so I will post that here. :yay:

Challenging situations are the (main) drivers of my motivation.
Don't you think it would be boring if I held back what I could do?
That's probably not putting everything you have (into your skating).
As a figure skater, trying to perform my very best in any situation, is what I believe in.

Last edited:

ranran

Zamboni time
On the Ice
that precious moment when someone doesn't know who you are :laugh:

(ETA: that post is ancient, but I still thought it was funny. I don't know what it's like to be recognized, but I know what it's like to not recognize someone :laugh: )

HAHAHA I think I also read his tweet during Sochi where he replied to his friends who's talking about Yuzuru; something like "tweeted that I site beside him in a plane and I had floods of girls saying I'm lucky" something along that line :laugh2:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
What time are the Mens practice sessions? It looks like Skate Canada will be providing live streaming

Check the practice countdown timer. Edit: I just added the practices in different time zones

Skate Canada @Lethbridge timing in different time zones based on Skate Canada schedule and the world clock.

Competition
CitiesVancouver, Los AngelesLethbridge Toronto Rio de Janeiro LondonMoscowSingapore, Manila, BeijingTokyoSydney
Men SP Fri Oct 30, 16:45 Fri Oct 30, 17:45 Fri Oct 30, 19:45 Fri Oct 30, 21:45 Fri Oct 30, 23:45Sat Oct 31, 02:45 Sat Oct 31, 07:45 Sat Oct 31, 08:45 Sat Oct 31, 10:45
Men FPSat Oct 31, 17:45Sat Oct 31, 18.45Sat Oct 31, 20:45Sat Oct 31, 22:45Sun Nov 1, 00:45 Sun Nov 1, 03:45Sun Nov 1, 08:45Sun Nov 1, 09:45Sun Nov 1, 11:45
Late afternoon, Evening, Midnight/Middle of the night, Morning

Countdown timers to competition:
- Men SP Oct 30
- Men FP Oct 31

Practices
Countdown timers to practices:
- Men Practice Oct 29 @9:15 and @14:45
- Men Practice Oct 30
- Men Practice Oct 31

Edit to add --> Men's Practices timing in different time zones

Last edited:

ElenaClaire

On the Ice
honestly thinking about Skate Canada already gives me butterflies in stomach, can't decide watch it live or not ?
(After decades of figure skating fangirling I finally calmed down and just enjoyed the sport, After 2011 with Yuzuru teen feelings came again, I think I am too old but I can do nothing with it) :)))

Haha I understand the dilemma. I'm just terrified watching it live afraid I'd somehow bring bad luck lol /traumatized thanks to CoC (oh wow so we're pretty much the same lol)
I don't think you can be too old for fangirling.. though I get that after a while (doesn't matter how old you are) we'd be in certain.. phase of it. Like we found our comfort zone and just adjust to it, while still enjoy whatever it is you like.

that precious moment when someone doesn't know who you are

(ETA: that post is ancient, but I still thought it was funny. I don't know what it's like to be recognized, but I know what it's like to not recognize someone :laugh: )

:laugh:
I think for him (or any big celebs), to experience not being recognized once in a while must've been somehow comforting/calming especially when you're in public place/transportation. That feel of not having to constantly being watched/stared at..
I remember last time I was in the coffee shop St*rb*cks there was this handsome guy and all of sudden these girls started asking him for pic and me and my friend be like :unsure: ok who's that, must be an artist or model or something.. the thing is I was a foreigner at that time so I can be exempted of not knowing (my friend though) :laugh:

SC will be too early for me and I'm not gonna wake up just for streaming.. (again, I don't wanna jinx him) sigh I'm just so nervous!!

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Check the practice countdown timer. Edit: I just added the practices in different time zones

Thank you so much for this Alia! Ugh the timing is perfect for me in terms of being in the afternoon, but I'll be in the middle of class and then studying for an exam, but perhaps I could spare a minute or two to watch him, regardless of how nerve wrecking it is to watch Yuzu live :biggrin:

skatefan22

Medalist
I'm so confused with the schedule. Is the time listed on the official website the EST time?

I checked the website and its says for competitive schedule All times MST (UTC -7). But since most places change to MDT now (UTC -6), I am not sure which to follow...My bet is on MDT ...

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Is Oda covering Skate Canada for a Japan TV, looks like he is on his way to Lethbridge?

Are these the live streaming links? They are posted in Skate Canada website
http://www.dailymotion.com/skatecanada
http://www.tsn.ca/

Anyone knows what this link is http://streamking.co/hdsport? Saw this on twitter.

i think DM link is only for practices, not sure about TSN one, will they broadcast the event? if so it makes sense, and for 3rd link its Russian link, it was available for SA without needing Hola etc

Pika

Final Flight
that precious moment when someone doesn't know who you are :laugh:

Oh god I think I would faint if I suddenly sat next to Yuzuru

Well I can't realize SC is already in two days !! I can't wait ! I know most of us think the first round of the epic battle will go to Chan but he didn't seem in a pretty good shape at his last outings, I have the feeling Yuzu can win this :)
As some of you, I have an intense intern struggle about watching the competition live or not. First because it will be the middle of the night here, and also because I always feel like I bring bad luck to skaters ... :drama:
Will we have some reporters in Lethbridge ???

We will derive to Lethbridge tomorrow at 8:00 am. Hopefully, we will be there for men's practice. It is interesting, now that I'm going to see Yuzuru live it's not important for me if he wins or not."Just be safe and healthy by the end of the competition" is what I'm praying for him.

Pika

Final Flight
We will derive to Lethbridge tomorrow at 8:00 am. Hopefully, we will be there for men's practice. It is interesting, now that I'm going to see Yuzuru live it's not important for me if he wins or not."Just be safe and healthy by the end of the competition" is what I'm praying for him.

Wonderful! Have a good time !

shyne

Final Flight

:cheer: Have a great time

I checked the website and its says for competitive schedule All times MST (UTC -7). But since most places change to MDT now (UTC -6), I am not sure which to follow...My bet is on MDT ...

I'm sure tomorrow once Practice starts we will know what schedule to follow. It just seems crazy for Ladies to have their practice 6:20 in the morning and FS at 12pm. If it's 7:20am and 1pm local time that would make a lot more sense .
Daylight Saving Time is making the already confused time differences 10-times worse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.