Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 493 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I think the trip back to Sendai before he goes to World will bring out a passion in his skating. He wants to win at Worlds and I believe he wants to skate his Exhibition for all the world to see his love for his home, Sendai. And for the world not to forget what happened five years ago.

I think so too. The knowledge that he is doing his part for his home town is good for his state-of-mind going into Worlds.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
This clip translate by Echo Cheng @YHIFG FB https://twitter.com/wioveriyw/status/704324839742398464

Talking about hobby, Yuzu was easily amused by himself.

Dialouge:
Arakawa: Last time (in 2013), you mentioned you were an earphonilia (or audiophile). Any change in your hobby now?
Yuzu: No. I'm still loving earphones.
Arakawa: Really? Any evolution in earphones?
Yuzu: Yeah... maybe evolution in PRICE~~~
:rofl2: he sure loves his earphones huh

yhmafan

Medalist
Thank you Interspectator for your summarizing :hap85:

What interested me;

He likes Yu-dofu (Boiled tofu) and Mizutaki (Hot pot generally with chicken, seafood, vegetables). He is fond of Sujouyu (soy sauce with rice vinegar, or citron juice - maybe Yuzu :biggrin: ) They are all so simple taste ones, without much calories. It is natural Arakawa-san wondered why Yuzuru had such stamina to do good performance to the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jThO-u3wZKQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lSTmVrW6Yk

He likes edge jumps more than toe jumps :eek: His first triple jump succeeded was Salchow.

It was so nice to hear Yuzuru calling Arakawa-san "Shii-chan" :luv17:

He decided to "Seimei" because he liked the Japanese flute sound and "Douse Kuge-gao dashi." - After all, I know I have a court noble face. :laugh2:

Kuge-gao (court noble face) in Japanese has both good and bad meanings; noble, fine-featured, pale, flat-faced, featureless, etc.

Typical Kuge-gao: https://www.sogo-seibu.jp/hina2016/?medium=listing

Once he said he was not Samurai type. I think he is watching himself very objectively.
But, when I see his fierce side, I'm sure he can perform a young samurai as well. I want to see Mori Ranmaru (Oda Nobunaga's page) type samurai :eek::

I just recall Mao said that her body was made from soya beans :laugh: (the main ingredient of the Tofu), she loves it so much, it’s a very good thing for an athlete to have such healthy in their taste for food. :thumbsup:

And a TV show said that this male hina doll was inspired form Yuzuru (his face). It looks just gorgous. :luv17: (I also recalled he said that he felt like he himself being an Odairi-sama, -a male hina- while he was in that hakama.)

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3v4qdu_3-1-殿対決-琴バウアーにモノ申す殿-関西ローカル_sport

Here is a humorous bit from Nobu's weekly (?) sports show. In sports news, they talk about Yuzu's acting debut and Nobu says (jokingly of course) the part should have come to me! I'm older and everyone knows that I have the experience in this kind of thing!!
They ask people on the street who they think could be a better 'Tono'. This is Kansai region by the way, where Nobu comes from so he has a lot of support here. So they ask people on the street and the first one to get 15 votes wins.

:biggrin:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
http://yuzulia1.tumblr.com/post/140314738809/yuzusorbet-yuzu-days-1-march-2016-yuzuru
Translation (not mine) of the latest Yuzu Days. Talks about the COC collision and the rehabilitation afterwards.

I'm actually a bit confused about this part:
"From the time I was small, whenever I said I wanted to quit, she had always said, “Why don’t you quit?”

So when he was saying "I want to quit" his Mom would ask the reassuring question, like, "Yeah why don't quit right now and end everything?"
Or was it "why do you quit?"- what is the real reason behind your decision to quit, are you sure about it?

Could you clarify this bit please if you have the access to the original interview in Japanese?

I admire his Mom even more after reading this interview, she sure is a tough spirit herself. No wonder Yuzu is just like his Mom. I love they have so much in common.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'm actually a bit confused about this part:
"From the time I was small, whenever I said I wanted to quit, she had always said, “Why don’t you quit?”

So when he was saying "I want to quit" his Mom would ask the reassuring question, like, "Yeah why don't quit right now and end everything?"
Or was it "why do you quit?"- what is the real reason behind your decision to quit, are you sure about it?

Could you clarify this bit please if you have the access to the original interview in Japanese?

I admire his Mom even more after reading this interview, she sure is a tough spirit herself. No wonder Yuzu is just like his Mom. I love they have so much in common.

The first one. Like when he was complaining about skating or training, his mom was like, 'Then you can quit'. -This is when he was younger, still in elementary school I think.

Katie J

On the Ice
if only he would get more tips from Lambiel, esp upright position :luv17: i love Yuzu's other spins :love: btw i am curious about something, how is spins and SS related? you are still skating while spinning, does better spins means better SS too? (regardless of position ) i know there are other factors but i am just curious :laugh:

Edit: and just 5 mins for whole week, thats pretty short even for spinner like Yuzu :laugh:

Better spins add certainly to Skating Skills - precision, execution, speed - the overall impression.
As I am learning skating: Spins are much easier to learn than a correct single jump. And when I add rotations to the jump its just as I began from zero. Dont worry about Hanyus "5 minutes" of spinning per week.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Better spins add certainly to Skating Skills - precision, execution, speed - the overall impression.
As I am learning skating: Spins are much easier to learn than a correct single jump. And when I add rotations to the jump its just as I began from zero. Dont worry about Hanyus "5 minutes" of spinning per week.

ohhh i am not worried cause his spins are great! i was just surprised to see he only work on his spins for 5 mins a week considering the quality of them :biggrin:

ahkeekee

Medalist
Wow! Hope you'd become.another Mao or Kim yuna soon [emoji16]

Katie J

On the Ice
ohhh i am not worried cause his spins are great! i was just surprised to see he only work on his spins for 5 mins a week considering the quality of them :biggrin:

Yes, there' s no need for worrying, you are right !
Hanyu is collecting body feelings like he is feeling jumps ( 2cnd part of translation "team Orser" - THANKS FOR TRANSLATING!!) he/his body knows how to enter a spin and you just have to hit one point to center the spin (I feel it), after having the center, variations are relatively easy. As he mentioned as kid he was spinning very often.
Jumps have more feelings - entry, takeoff, before rotation, rotation itself, number of rotations, preparation of landing, landing itself.

Thanks ahkeekee for your best wishes. Lawrence from Arabia said: "Nothing is written"... never set limits to you. Dream not by night but during the day - make your dreams come true - and be aware that people call you crazy. I don't mind If I was called crazy, because maybe I am.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
beautiful and touching words :sad21:

Yes, and I hope his words help people in Sendai and other affected areas to remember the past but grasp the ability to move forward and find a way to help others too. Inspiring words.

Last edited:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Yes, and I hope his words help people in Sendai and other affected areas to remember the past but grasp the ability to move forward and find a to help others too. Inspiring words.

I'm sure they will :) , that's why he doesn't stop being active on the topic, truly admirable.

Status
Not open for further replies.