Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 495 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Thank you for the link and to Nonchan for the translation. So painful to watch Yuzuru relive his ordeal, and I am also reminded of the plight of the victims of the terrible Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) in my country. Even after the passage of years, the task of rebuilding still goes on.

It was a moving video, and while it portrays loss and suffering, it also speaks of resilience and love such as that of a family of four sharing two rice balls between them and apportioning one whole to their "growing boy."

I think of 3.11 as Yuzuru's second birthday as he survived a tragedy that had claimed so many lives. I would not have gotten to know him and his luminous and inspiring qualities both as a skater and as a person otherwise. Johnny Weir said shortly after 3.11 that he wanted Yuzuru to realize that there is a significant meaning to his (Yuzuru's) survival, and that Yuzuru must have been left for this world to accomplish something great. I wouldn't have thought that Johnny was also a prophet. :)

Wow! The knitted figures are as close as knitted figures can be to Yuzuru's An- an shots. :luv17:
To me, the last JPEG has a somewhat feral quality, not surprising as I had learned in this thread from kind Japanese posters Yuzuru has been nicknamed "ashura."

Thanks for sharing!

HI everyone!!

It was time for me to do my annual Worlds predictions blog entry - so here it is. I think everyone here will agree that Yuzu as #1 should be a no-brainer (hoping and praying for this result), but the rest of the field is up for grabs. Hope you enjoy.

https://sportymags.wordpress.com/2016/03/05/2016-world-figure-skating-championships-my-predictions/

Also hoping and praying so for Yuzuru to win Worlds and also to do so in NHK and GPF fashion, which is to mean flawless and mesmerizing! Go Yuzuru!:cheer:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
that doll is super adorable :luv17:
HI everyone!!

It was time for me to do my annual Worlds predictions blog entry - so here it is. I think everyone here will agree that Yuzu as #1 should be a no-brainer (hoping and praying for this result), but the rest of the field is up for grabs. Hope you enjoy.

https://sportymags.wordpress.com/2016/03/05/2016-world-figure-skating-championships-my-predictions/

Hey it's been quite a while :). I find your dream podium interesting. Very different from mine (except the first place ;)) For me it would be Yuzuru, Javier and Denis.
If the guys were all to skate well (hopefully) I definitely would put Patrick over Boyang.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Thank you for the link and to Nonchan for the translation. So painful to watch Yuzuru relive his ordeal, and I am also reminded of the plight of the victims of the terrible Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) in my country. Even after the passage of years, the task of rebuilding still goes on.

It was a moving video, and while it portrays loss and suffering, it also speaks of resilience and love such as that of a family of four sharing two rice balls between them and apportioning one whole to their "growing boy."

I think of 3.11 as Yuzuru's second birthday as he survived a tragedy that had claimed so many lives. I would not have gotten to know him and his luminous and inspiring qualities both as a skater and as a person otherwise. Johnny Weir said shortly after 3.11 that he wanted Yuzuru to realize that there is a significant meaning to his (Yuzuru's) survival, and that Yuzuru must have been left for this world to accomplish something great. I wouldn't have thought that Johnny was also a prophet. :)
Never heard of this. That was really sweet from him, especially because he is one of his idols :)

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
HI everyone!!

Thanks won0066 for another interesting blog. I agree with your realistic predictions with the exception of thinking Patrick has an equal shot at the bronze as Boyang. He certainly gained confidence with his free skate at 4CC, and that along with his superior PCS may vault him above Jin.

I, like you, am preparing for the trip to Boston, counting the days until I arrive (23 1/2), and have received the small Japanese flag I ordered on Amazon. It should be one heck of a competition! :yahoo:

Last edited:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Yuzu fanarts

Echo Cheng @YHIFG FB shared the following
"In October 2011, Yuzu was invited as a surprise guest skater at Japan Open Gala. This was his last performance during a long and exhausted summer ice shows tour. As many people have known, Yuzu performed over 60 shows to practice his new season programs, because his home rink was damaged by earthquake at that time. Today, a twitter forward this video again. Let's enjoy his "White Legend" and see how Arakawa cutely introduced him in English."

I noticed he was circling around when talking looks like he wanted to address everyone in the arena :points:

Last edited:

kiches

Final Flight
I'm also preparing for my trip to Boston! I just need to book the flight to Boston, the prices lately :( I keep missing the cheap fares since I've hesitated a few times.

I've actually had a banner made and one of them came today (a fabric version and vinyl version), but based on the FAQ they said they'll hang your banners but you won't be getting them back so I may just wave mine around. I look forward to meeting some Yuzu fans :)

gsyzf

Medalist
HI everyone!!

I think the field at WC looks like this.

1: Yuzuru

2-3: Patrick/Javier. I think Patrick has an equal shot of winning silver as Javi. Many people didn't think Patrick would be able to repeat his SC LP, but he did and he already skated clean LPs a few times this season. It's his SP that gave him problems. Javier has not skated any clean programs this season even though he had higher BV. The placement will depend on Patrick's SP. If Patrick is clean or close to clean in the SP, I think he most likely will outscore Javier.

4-6: Denis/Boyang/Shoma. Boyang and Shoma have more momentum than everyone other than the top 3. If both are clean, Boyang and Shoma will receive similar scores (Boyang will receive slightly higher SP score and Shoma will receive slightly higher LP scores). Denis is a question mark, but he has more reputation than the guys in 7-10th place.

7-10: Han Yan/Kovtun/Max/Adam. They have decent skills, but they don't have the momentum or reputation of top 6. The placements of 4-10 can change based on the performance of the skaters. But I don't think the top 3 will change unless there is a disaster.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I'm also preparing for my trip to Boston! I just need to book the flight to Boston, the prices lately :( I keep missing the cheap fares since I've hesitated a few times.

I've actually had a banner made and one of them came today (a fabric version and vinyl version), but based on the FAQ they said they'll hang your banners but you won't be getting them back so I may just wave mine around. I look forward to meeting some Yuzu fans :)

i really hope you get to have a wonderful time!:luv17:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

Wow, how big is your banner?

kiches

Final Flight
Wow, how big is your banner?

The vinyl one will be 3 ft x 1.7 ft. The piece of printed fabric is about 40 inches x 36 inches. Depending on how heavy duty the vinyl one turns out I may just take only the fabric, it's incredibly light and foldable. It's made of of a material similar to a thin pillow case and probably weighs less than one of my t-shirts. I have a photo which I can share later.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
The vinyl one will be 3 ft x 1.7 ft. The piece of printed fabric is about 40 inches x 36 inches. Depending on how heavy duty the vinyl one turns out I may just take only the fabric, it's incredibly light and foldable. It's made of of a material similar to a thin pillow case and probably weighs less than one of my t-shirts. I have a photo which I can share later.
wow that's really light. If you are going alone maybe just taking one is enough :) but I wonder why they won't give back the banners that'll be hung.

jaq

Rinkside

link?

kiches

Final Flight
wow that's really light. If you are going alone maybe just taking one is enough :) but I wonder why they won't give back the banners that'll be hung.

I'll be traveling alone but meeting someone there.

I'm guessing they won't be giving the banners back because they probably don't know how to coordinate a return? I always thought fans hung their own banners but I guess there'd be big problems if they fell down mid-competition.

Here's a photo and this is it folded up (Tsuchineko to show scale). Once I trim the extra fabric it should be even smaller and lighter. The colors aren't exactly like the original, but I figured this is easy to carry around and I can hold it and wave it myself.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Any Yuzu fans going to Worlds, interested in meeting up, send me a private message. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Thanks won0066 for another interesting blog. I agree with your realistic predictions with the exception of thinking Patrick has an equal shot at the bronze as Boyang. He certainly gained confidence with his free skate at 4CC, and that along with his superior PCS may vault him above Jin.

I, like you, am preparing for the trip to Boston, counting the days until I arrive (23 1/2), and have received the small Japanese flag I ordered on Amazon. It should be one heck of a competition! :yahoo:

Wishing you all a safe trip and if you have the time and opportunity may we have reports please on Yuzuru and the competition. Have fun! :)

BTW, I checked upthread and saw that two years ago, after Yuzuru won Olympics, there were already posts hoping for a 300 or more overall score from him at Worlds. Goes to show that even then we his fans have a pretty good idea of what he is capable of. ;)

I think he is as overwhelming a favorite to win now as he was after Sochi, if not more so against familiar faces (Patrick, Javier, Denis) and the young guns (Boyang, Shoma). Looking forward to great skates from him. :agree2:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I'll be traveling alone but meeting someone there.

I'm guessing they won't be giving the banners back because they probably don't know how to coordinate a return? I always thought fans hung their own banners but I guess there'd be big problems if they fell down mid-competition.

Here's a photo and this is it folded up (Tsuchineko to show scale). Once I trim the extra fabric it should be even smaller and lighter. The colors aren't exactly like the original, but I figured this is easy to carry around and I can hold it and wave it myself.

the banner is really pretty :luv17:

Yuzu Beloved Angel

On the Ice
Thanks for posting Alia. Our prince is so beautiful. He overcame his pain, did not give up on your goal and now he is the number one;

Yuzu Beloved Angel

On the Ice
This flag is very beautiful. My heart is already beating too fast. Go Yuzu! I am praying that all make a good trip. I am very happy for all of you. This is a unique and unforgettable moment. Make the most of every second of this magical reality in their lives.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I have no clue about where this is from, but I'd recognize that costume right away, even the necklace seems to be there :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.