Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 56 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Yeeees, Nishioka-san :dance:

I'm happy he was in charge of ladies performances at the Nationals 2014, as well as men's, at last (I didn't like Shiobara-san (in charge of ladies till 2013) very much, sorry. I hated his frippery talks with stupid puns.)

Do you remember, in Figure Skate TV in May, Nishioka-san mentioned the interview with Yuzuru at the Junior Nationals 2009 (?), where Yuzuru talked a lot, and Nishioka-san felt very sorry that he could not have a chance to release it.

I'm dying to know the details of that :drama:

I'll get my fingers crossed for a chance to know it in future :)

Me too...I suppose most of us never missed Shiobara-san’s retirement from the job as a figure skate announcer …

Yes, of course! I can’t forget that episode about the interview. I was impressed with Nishioka’s foresight and Yuzu’s ability to speak despite of his young age. Now, Fuji TV (also other TV channels) is providing treasured information or films about yuzu or other skaters little by little to collect viewers. So the content of the interview may be revealed some day! I think so.:)

Another reason I love about him is he is yuzu’s fanboy. I know well about it from his tone of voice. When he watches yuzu’s performance live at competition, he always tenses worrying about him just like us:biggrin:. After yuzu's final jump, he’s really retrieved and shouts ‘landed!’(ex. FS at 2014 WC).

Last edited:

Pika

Final Flight
For those of you who enjoyed the Nobu, Yuzu, Shoma chat from FaoI Kobe I put together an English sub for the video using the translation Yuzuland posted of the preview of the interview on Kansai Pia and the translation Newbiespectator did as a base.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2zkk4i_2015-fantasy-on-ice-in-kobe-oda-nobunari-hanyu-yuzuru-uno-shoma-guy-talk-eng-sub_sport

Thank you very much !!
I love Nobu as a food reporter he's soooo funny :laugh2:
I also love the answer to "When did you realize you were competing against the world? Yuzu: elementary school . Shoma: this year. :rofl: "
I would really like to hear Yuzu as a commentator ! Then I should start learning japanese right now... + Yuzu's laugh is priceles...
Married at 25?! That leaves me not so much time to force the fate.... :biggrin:

Something I was wondering about: what does the particle "senshu" means ?

Last edited:

yuzulia14

Rinkside
Thank you very much !!
I love Nobu as a food reporter he's soooo funny :laugh2:
I also love the answer to "When did you realize you were competing against the world? Yuzu: elementary school . Shoma: this year. :rofl: "
I would really like to hear Yuzu as a commentator ! Then I should start learning japanese right now... + Yuzu's laugh is priceles...
Married at 25?! That leaves me not so much time to force the fate.... :biggrin:

Something I was wondering about: what does the particle "senshu" means ?

Senshu is a honorific term used for athletes. :)

HanyaYuzura

On the Ice
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I pre-made polls with your ideas and you will see them on next weeks poll. For now,I did one on Yuzu's CM, feel free to vote!

Also since Hamaguri was wondering before, I still need to be find a way to display only the results of previous polls so for now, last weeks results:

Favorite Costume:
1. Etude (30)
2. POTO 2.0 (29)
3. Seimei (27)
4. R&J 1.0 (24)
5. Chopin (23)
6. PW (11)
7. White Legend (8)
7. POTO 1.0 (8)
8. R&J 2.0 (6)
9. Notre-Dame de Paris (5)
10. Hana Ni Nare (3)
11. Hana Wa Saku/Story (2)
11. TFTT (2)
12. Requiem (1)
12. Bolero (1)
12. Zigeunerweisen (1)

:disapp: uhu--my favorite is number two. I should've voted to make it a tie. BUt I was like..."Uh, I'm so tired. I'll vote later. " And then...POTO costume lost. ahaha! Lesson everyone...DON"T IGNORE the VOTES.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Goodness me...:jaw: (first picture)
Look at the shape of those eyes. Very--beautiful.Really...just BEAUTIFUL:hopelessness:
:agree:
I wonder which is the source of this picture...

:disapp: uhu--my favorite is number two. I should've voted to make it a tie. BUt I was like..."Uh, I'm so tired. I'll vote later. " And then...POTO costume lost. ahaha! Lesson everyone...DON"T IGNORE the VOTES.

:laugh2:

Last edited:

HanyaYuzura

On the Ice
From this list:
(1) 1908-1952: 8 Oly games, 4 men's OGMs, all 4 attempted to repeat as champion and 3 succeeded in achieving OGM again.
The 4 are Ulrich Salchow, Gillis Grafström, Karl Schäfer and Dick Button.
(2) 1956-2014: 16 Oly games, 16 men's OGMs, only 3 attempted to repeat as champion and none succeeded in achieving OGM again.
The 3 are Brian Boitano, Viktor Petrenko and Plushenko.

Note that none of the men's singles OGMs since 42years ago skated in the following season, Yuzu is the first as I posted in the "Historical 'firsts' for 2014-15" thread as below. So Yuzu change this trend and hopefully he change the trend of repeating champion as well and will achieve 2018 OGM...gambatte Yuzu :cheer2:

Wow...Yuzuru is really a history maker.
Well I understand why the other past OGMs did not compete. They must've been thinking..."Oh hell, I'm so crushed by Olympics" or "Who cares about the next season?I'm Mr.Winter Olympics!"
But Yuzuru was like, "Oh, I still need a bigger pooh tissue box. I'm gonna compete next season until somebody throws me one." :biggrin:

But seriously..he's just really a record breaker.
And I was stuck on that name ULRICH SALCHOW. Is he THE Salchow where that jump was named after? If so, Yuzuru needs a spin or at least a jump named after him. His name is much too precious to be forgotten after he retires.:cheer2: Somebody make him a unique spin!!!!!! (tantrums mode again)

HanyaYuzura

On the Ice
:agree:
I wonder which is the source of this picture...

:laugh2:

I see you laughing at me hamaguri!!!:laugh:

About the source of the picture, sometimes I'd like it to be a WHO rather than a WHICH. So if you ask me WHO, I'll guess (and hope) it's JAvi.:eek:::slink:

Pika

Final Flight
And I was stuck on that name ULRICH SALCHOW. Is he THE Salchow where that jump was named after? If so, Yuzuru needs a spin or at least a jump named after him. His name is much too precious to be forgotten after he retires.:cheer2: Somebody make him a unique spin!!!!!! (tantrums mode again)

Yes, absolutely ;)
I doubt that Yuzuru's name will be forgotten so soon but maybe this spin with the foot over head could be named after him... Lot more simple than finding a new jump

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I see you laughing at me hamaguri!!!:laugh:

of the picture, sometimes I'd like it to be a WHO rather than a WHICH. So if you ask me WHO, I'll guess (and hope) it's JAvi.:eek:::slink:

I hope so:). (I remember seeing it somewhere...).

I always enjoy your comments. You write them in a lump and I'm impressed with it. These days this thread is respectively silent, still there are a lot of comments for you to read.:laugh:

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Last edited:

Pika

Final Flight

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Yes, this one. I never saw anybody else doing it, even if I don't find it especially nice to look, but the position is quite incredible, requiring an important flexibility... (talking about experience. I tried it. No wonder how ridiculous I was :rofl:)

Yes! And it also needs so long legs.. :laugh: (oh, I don't say your legs are short. Yuzu's legs are just crazy:popcorn:..)
The same with this pancake twizzle: Anyone can do it like yuzu?
white legend in Nice , 2:35-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPyx92EZ6ho

Last edited:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Yes! And it also needs so long legs.. :laugh: (oh, I don't say your legs are short. Yuzu's legs are just crazy:popcorn:..)

I love that twizzle move, is that the actual name for that? The one he did at Olympic gala was longer, does anyone has the video of white legend at Olympic gala?

nagini

On the Ice
Yes, this one. I never saw anybody else doing it, even if I don't find it especially nice to look, but the position is quite incredible, requiring an important flexibility... (talking about experience. I tried it. No wonder how ridiculous I was :rofl:)

I think it's a good idea to name that spin after Yuzu. I remember when i saw it first time i was like.. Wait a second! Rewind! How the heck is he doing that?

True, Long legs are to his benefit.
Well here's a Beautiful close up of the spin.. in his training gear... Please don't eat or drink while watching! :biggrin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs3WYfOLUc4 starting with 4:15

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I love that twizzle move, is that the actual name for that? The one he did at Olympic gala was longer, does anyone has the video of white legend at Olympic gala?

I checked it up online, but I couldn’t know more than twizzle in keeping the posture of pancake spin. Does anyone know of it?

I can’t find video at Olympic on YouTube, provably due to copyright..:no:

Last edited:

Plumededragon

Medalist
I checked it up online, but I couldn’t know more than twizzle in keeping the posture of pancake spin. Does anyone know of it?

I can’t find video at Olympic on YouTube, provably due to copyright..:no:
Has anyone looked on dailymotion? I can't check coz I'm not at home but it's one of the best places to look for when it comes to videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.