Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 282 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nachi

On the Ice
I saw his face after he realised Jason was surpassing him. That told me he's not leaving it like this.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
It's not entirely in his hands at this point. He needs Chen to be a hot mess in the LP to bridge that point gap. So basically Worlds 2016 reversed.

The ice is slippery and stranger things have happened.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
It's not entirely in his hands at this point. He needs Chen to be a hot mess in the LP to bridge that point gap. So basically Worlds 2016 reversed.

I agree that at this point if Nathan is clean he wins, but 13 points is not unsurmountable for the men, it's a quad+GOE.
Even if he doesn't win, I think he will be somewhat satisfied if he can deliver a great FS (not going to mention the c word you say when one makes no mistakes because jinxing).

yude

Record Breaker
"I think I couldn't concentrate enough. Of course, I know I have trained a lot, but having not good result means I haven't trained a lot. There is one more day before the day after tomorrow, I will make good use of tomorrow and want to redeem myself utmost in FS. (about 4 months break with no competition) I have experiences about that so I don't think I have problem. But I have many regrets I couldn't perform this program perfectly here in Japan, I will take this kuyashii feeling to the day after tomorrow. What I can do today is that I'm going to fix the errors and have good rest. (how did you put your thoughts into the performance today?) I got panicked a little bit, I failed in the first jump and got panicked a little, and after that, I think I tried too hard. I can't be satisfied with the result, I will do my best aiming for the performance I can be satisfied with fully. Thank you very much."

https://www.fnn.jp/posts/00414674CX

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight

I don’t wish Chen bad luck but from what I observe from him is he can’t handle pressure well. Like in PC18 where most are rooting for him but he mess up the SP. Same happen during GPF in Marseilles.

Anyways Yuzu can just come back up just like in WC2014

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
So Yuzu will be 4th in the final group, the first one out of the top 3. is it me or does he have a tendency to draw first? Like I know it's a draw and therefore pure luck but I remember many times in which I've seen him draw after the warmup or the first of his tier (like now)

Danibellerika

Medalist

Basically 2017 Helsinki then. But I don't expect lightening to keep striking like that and I don't expect Chen to squander such a lead. It's just that I'm sure if Yuzu could swap out some scores and performances he'd certainly take that CoR 110...

yude

Record Breaker
Is it only me being glad to hear Yuzuru wants to compete with Nathan more in the future :biggrin:?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I could feel the disappointment and Kuyashii from Yuzu after the SP, but his position now is not hopeless.
More than anything, I'm just glad we could watch him one more time. Since Yuzu is in the 'second half' (I guess?) of his competitive career, each time I get to see him skate at such a high level is precious.

The program itself was still beautiful and moving, the stepsequence is divine.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Pop or no, that was a stunning performance. The height and distance on that Axel! :love:

Yuzu's comments and looking at the protocols (funny as some of the numbers are) makes me feel better about everything.

I don't know if someone already mention it, but the time Yuzuru won Worlds (2014-2017) he wasn't first after the SP. Im going to let that sink in...he is known for comebacks, so I still think he can do it. And if not then its ok too, I just hope he doesn't beat himself too much.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Just reminder, we can't analyze other skaters scores in fan threads (any one other than Yuzu for this thread). -Scores discussion goes on the Edge. ;)

liv

Record Breaker
I thought Yuzu was a bit hesitant and thinking too much going into his 4S so it didn't surprise me that he had a mistake, but we can't expect him to be immune from being rusty (4 months without competition) or from pressure/nerves (I think wanting to skate clean at home was a really big thing for him since he hasn't competed there for so long).

I hope he can deliver a program that he can be satisfied with, no matter the final result. The fact that he is here and competing well despite the injuries the last few years, well, it's all a treat for me.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Just reminder, we can't analyze other skaters scores in fan threads (any one other than Yuzu for this thread). -Scores discussion goes on the Edge. ;)

Oops, edited!

Thank you, I almost forgot about that!

Short English interview by PJ.

https://www.instagram.com/pjkwong/p/BvRRci4nj7_/

Ahhhh, he's so sweet! :love: It also goes to show you how hard-working and modest he is that he doesn't give these interviews through an interpreter despite his, er, slight negative GOE on his English. +5 GOC (grade of cuteness), though.

I think his was the only one in the 3 meter range, at least that I saw. Also, is that the highest Axel ever!? I thought Midori Ito's was the highest at 0.65 m.

Status
Not open for further replies.