Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 291 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

yude

Record Breaker
The order 4Lz->4F->4A actually makes a lot of sense. Skaters don't go straight from loops to Axels when learning single jumps, so if anything, getting his 4Lz back then moving on to the flip would probably help with the Axel, assuming his ankle holds out. :pray:

Thank you for your insight :)

Then again, I don't always believe what he says :laugh:, who can forget that one time he said "I'm not thinking about it at all" when asked about the 4Lz?

True :biggrin:

khtmyzr

Final Flight
firal We have already seen comments like "Hanyu should retire and not stand in the way of youngsters"

People actually say that?! If anything, it is good he stays as the motivation. At the end of the day this is a sport and athletes need to earn success themselves... Noone is in anyone’s way and if they want it enough they have to work for it.

yude

Record Breaker
I posted in Men's FS thread a few hours ago, but that is going to be my last post.

I am tired, I think it was good decision for Yuzuru to leave Japan as soon as possible. It's still 10 PM but I'm going to bed tonight.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I posted in Men's FS thread a few hours ago, but that is going to be my last post.

I am tired, I think it was good decision for Yuzuru to leave Japan as soon as possible. It's still 10 PM but I'm going to bed tonight.

:ghug: Oyasumi!

D2bPKidUwAACiKv.jpg
Adding this as we wait for spring to come back again. In April.

Last edited:

I feel you buddy. Sleep well, lots of :love:

Interspectator where did you get that photo? :love: For the first time in forever, I am not going to say I hate his bling bling costumes :biggrin:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Possibly silly question, but what is that adorable sideways-v-sign-on-either-side-of-one-eye pose that Yuzu does a lot? Is it just some cute thing he made up, or is it a common photo-taking pose in Japan or something from a TV show/anime/celebrity/etc.?

Can I announce my own good news here? After all, Hanyu fan fest is where our friends are.

I got a faculty position in a very good university, I am a Professor now :yahoo: If you want to do a PhD in "Theoretical and Computational Chemistry" in US, don't hesitate to contact me :biggrin:

yude

Record Breaker
Possibly silly question, but what is that adorable sideways-v-sign-on-either-side-of-one-eye pose that Yuzu does a lot? Is it just some cute thing he made up, or is it a common photo-taking pose in Japan or something from a TV show/anime/celebrity/etc.?

I don't know where that comes from, but it is like a cute pose young boys and girls often do in photo-taking in Japan :)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Can I announce my own good news here? After all, Hanyu fan fest is where our friends are.

I got a faculty position in a very good university, I am a Professor now :yahoo: If you want to do a PhD in "Theoretical and Computational Chemistry" in US, don't hesitate to contact me :biggrin:

:points: So happy for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.