Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 341 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankifeather

Final Flight
He can talk more about Pooh no.1 and Pooh no.2 . People are already starting a game of spot the difference.

But to be honest I don't expect him to say much more than what we don't know already haha.

And today is the last day of the blog already, as suspected he really did not say anything much hahaha

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And today is the last day of the blog already, as suspected he really did not say anything much hahaha

Poor man, he really couldn't give much advice on what he has so naturally... I doubt the company will complain, didn't I read they are eager to extend the contract?

ankifeather

Final Flight
Poor man, he really couldn't give much advice on what he has so naturally... I doubt the company will complain, didn't I read they are eager to extend the contract?

Wasn't there a journalist that say his skin is so good there is a joke that he 'drinks' Sekkisei XD

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh now that is going to irritate the critics; even though Yuzu isn't at Dreams on Ice, the absolutely plum ad placements on their booklet? Full page KOSE and Ghana commercials with you know who.

https://twitter.com/rurumiho/status/1144533392714690560

I do hope this means more chocolate ads...

More seriously, I like the fact that it shows the mindset of most Japanese skating fans. They love all their skaters, and the fact that they are happily going to a show where he isn't, to cheer other skaters, doesn't mean for one minute that they won't also support Yuzu and be inspired by him to spend money :laugh:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I'm sure there are fans of Yuzu or Toshi who have learned to love the other from this partnership. It was really brilliant and heartwarming. :luv17:

And then there are the ones who already liked both. :love: I learned at least half my Japanese from music (especially v-kei) and have known who ToshI is about twice as long as I've known who Yuzu is. This is such a dream come true for me, and probably for a lot of others, too.

WELCOME TO THE SWAMP, TOSHI-SAN. ENJOY YOUR STAY. :biggrin:

Edit: Haha, just looked at ToshI's Instagram. Never in a million years would I ever think I'd see Evgenia Medvedeva and Hiroto from A9 following the same person! :laugh:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And then there are the ones who already liked both. :love: I learned at least half my Japanese from music (especially v-kei) and have known who ToshI is about twice as long as I've known who Yuzu is. This is such a dream come true for me, and probably for a lot of others, too.

WELCOME TO THE SWAMP, TOSHI-SAN. ENJOY YOUR STAY. :biggrin:

Edit: Haha, just looked at ToshI's Instagram. Never in a million years would I ever think I'd see Evgenia Medvedeva and Hiroto from A9 following the same person! :laugh:

Remember the explosion of joy on Japanese twitter when Toshi was announced... the meeting of two of their idols, and it turned out to be everything they hoped for :biggrin:

yude

Record Breaker
So this is totally a off-season talk but...

G20 is now being held in Osaka, and Nobuyuki Tsujii played "Hana wa saku" and Mansai Nomura played Kyogen for the leaders of the countries.

News clips
https://twitter.com/icoyuraco/status/1144591390170472448
https://twitter.com/icoyuraco/status/1144576659598663685

Now these two make me think about the possibility of Yuzuru being the final runner in the opening ceremony of Tokyo Olympics. ("Hana wa saku" is a song for Tohoku and Mansai is the main director of the opening/closing ceremony.) I had been thinking the chance would be very slim because Yuzuru was an athlete of winter sport. But it is said in Japan that the theme of Tokyo Olympics is "復興" (reconstruction/restoration/recovery), and if it chooses an athlete, I can't think of anyone but Yuzuru who is two times Olympic gold medalist, born in Sendai, making sizable donation, and also received People's honor award. But I looked up Tokyo Olympics of 1964 and there the final runner was an amateur athlete born in Hiroshima on the day of atomic bomb. So I can see a local kid or an athlete will be the one, or simply a famous gold medalist in summer Olympics like Saori Yoshida. The opening ceremony will be on July 24, usually Yuzuru is in the very middle of the training for the next season, but I don't know what he will do if he was offered.

It is kind of funny I am talking about this right now :laugh: But my selfish hope is he will be selected and take it, because it seems we won't be able to see him being the flag bearer in winter Olympics.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So this is totally a off-season talk but...

G20 is now being held in Osaka, and Nobuyuki Tsujii played "Hana wa saku" and Mansai Nomura played Kyogen for the leaders of the countries.

News clips
https://twitter.com/icoyuraco/status/1144591390170472448
https://twitter.com/icoyuraco/status/1144576659598663685

Now these two make me think about the possibility of Yuzuru being the final runner in the opening ceremony of Tokyo Olympics. ("Hana wa saku" is a song for Tohoku and Mansai is the main director of the opening/closing ceremony.) I had been thinking the chance would be very slim because Yuzuru was an athlete of winter sport. But it is said in Japan that the theme of Tokyo Olympics is "復興" (reconstruction/restoration/recovery), and if it chooses an athlete, I can't think of anyone but Yuzuru who is two times Olympic gold medalist, born in Sendai, making sizable donation, and also received People's honor award. But I looked up Tokyo Olympics of 1964 and there the final runner was an amateur athlete born in Hiroshima on the day of atomic bomb. So I can see a local kid or an athlete will be the one, or simply a famous gold medalist in summer Olympics like Saori Yoshida. The opening ceremony will be on July 24, usually Yuzuru is in the very middle of the training for the next season, but I don't know what he will do if he was offered.

It is kind of funny I am talking about this right now :laugh: But my selfish hope is he will be selected and take it, because it seems we won't be able to see him being the flag bearer in winter Olympics.

It would be wonderful.... but I don't think he would agree unless TPTB could come up with fairly compelling reasons for him to take what he would see as one of the summer athlete's right.

If he did, the internet wold explode with joy.

ankifeather

Final Flight
My personal hope is that Japan win the 2030 Olympics and he can be the cauldron lighter. He will definitely be too old by then so there is probably little chance of him feeling obligated or Japan forcing him to compete, and he can sit back and enjoy. As for the 2020 Olympics, I don't mind what form he participates as long as it doesn't interfere with his training plans (if he is still competing).

Imov

Medalist
I am going to miss P&G Yuzu Days.
Looks like Yuzu did not renew his contract with them.
But he does have enough lucrative deals so he can do what he wants and see fit.

Interspectator

Record Breaker

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So it's back to waiting and waiting... though we do have several TV shows and maybe some commercials to tide us till media day...

ankifeather

Final Flight
It's that time of the year again when bets starts on when is media day? Although everyone know its at least two months away...

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's that time of the year again when bets starts on when is media day? Although everyone know its at least two months away...

To be faor, we need a little longer to mourn Masquerade (god I loved that... but totally understand why he isn't using it in competition)

Imov

Medalist
Yuzu is now working his way to the new season.
And of course he can't say no to little girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.