Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 60 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

Update on random acts of kindness, will this count?
I have an officemate who is celebrating his 40th birthday and I helped arranging his surprise lunch party today.
Balloons, cake, patsa and a big birthday card.
I hope Yuzu is resting well now. But knowing him maybe he is already planning stuff to do on his next training session.

Oh, so cuuuuute :luv17:

Thank you for sharing, and I thank kiches for taking this video :)

I really like the interaction between Yuzuru and Camden :biggrin: I wonder what they were talking about at the beginning of this video.

Love this photo.
https://twitter.com/meowmeow_y/status/1188847114895290369

It is lovely, Camden is such a fanboy :laugh:

I have always felt how lonely Yuzu is among elite men skaters but, man I totally forgot that juniors always fill that void for him and they do it so sincerely :love:

Look at Camden, he would wrap him up in gold if he could :laugh:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I never knew that Camden was so fond of Yuzu. It's amazing how I keep falling for skaters who are big fans of my favorites. My favorites before Yuzu were Johnny and Plushenko, and Camden was my favorite of the junior men last year!

kiches

Final Flight
Thank you for sharing, and I thank kiches for taking this video :)

I really like the interaction between Yuzuru and Camden :biggrin: I wonder what they were talking about at the beginning of this video.

Love this photo.
https://twitter.com/meowmeow_y/status/1188847114895290369

You're welcome :) I'm a bit behind in sharing photos/videos but it was such a fun competition! Seeing Yuzu so happy and playful at the end is such a treat, and nice to see his interactions with the skaters as well (seems Camden is a new friend!). After the men's victory ceremony I think he also gave a hug to Kristen Moore-Towers and Michael Marinaro before the pairs victory ceremony. I'll share my youtube fancam playlist later when I've uploaded everything - playlist is already public but I haven't finished adding everything.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There's so much good Yuzu content right now that I don't know where to start...but here's a wonderful fan-art of all the Yuzus at Skate Canada.
-Origin Yuzu has the Gold at last! https://twitter.com/hidetanmama/status/1188494296179064832?s=20
And this beautiful photo set

The official SC Origin video on youtube has hit 106,000 views. In 3 days. One fancam has 300,000 views, even blocked in the US. And the side by side one has 74000 views. The official Otonal has 51000 views in 4 days. And that's just three of the videos available, if we put them all together...

There's a whole lotta love for our boy, and hugely deserved.

(ps - in case you don't have it, the fancam is at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7yrb7MwCsI)

yude

Record Breaker
Translation of Oda's commentary for Origin. I cut the comments during the performance since mostly he was calling the elements.

Oda: This is amazing.

Announcer: He looks he is satisfied! He thanks the ice!

O: Amazing. Well, the axis of rotation on 4Lo at the beginning was a little lean, so it won't get much GOE. But other than that, all were the elements of +(GOE). From what I have seen, spins and steps were all level 4, it looks like it is going to be huge score.

A: He looks regretful or smiles shyly even when he has great performance, but today he gave a pleased look like "yes".

O: Indeed. Landed jumps were all in high quality even in Hanyu's standard, so GOE in those areas will be pretty extended.

A: In other words, the jump contents have been changing into harder level.

O: Yes. Of course, he didn't do quads of more difficulty such as 4Lz, but if you can execute the jumps with very high quality, this beautifully, you will still be evaluated about the same (as 4Lz etc). This is 4Lo at the start, a little, yes his upper body looks like leaning to the left but he still fully rotated it, so he will get 10.5 point, BV of 4Lo. This 4S is really beautiful, relaxing on his shoulders. Well, overall, these jumps have many transitions and when I look at him, I feel it must be hard for him to perform this program with quads. But this time, I didn't see such a trouble at all, he really skated full program in a series of flows. (about 4T) This is wonderful. GOE is 3.94, I feel it could be higher, he has less strength on his shoulders on this 4T in the second half of the program. This is the new element, 3 jumps sequence ends with 3F. I think the success of this jump here will be great confidence for Hanyu. Ahh, this is great. He was so powerful until the end and showed no fatigue at all, it was amazing performance.

What a read on Yuzu:
http://www.uscannenbergmedia.com/20...yu-is-the-greatest-figure-skater-of-all-time/

I am not going to post this one on the Edge, it flips some people off their chair :biggrin:

"What makes this skater so dominant is his meticulous attention to detail. Improvement isn’t a choice to him; each of his performances must be stronger than the last, whether that comes from higher technical difficulty, smoother transitions or a deeper connection with the audience. For this reason, Hanyu continues to shatter his own records and add quads to his unparalleled technical arsenal."

Bonesfan

On the Ice
What a read on Yuzu:
http://www.uscannenbergmedia.com/20...yu-is-the-greatest-figure-skater-of-all-time/

I am not going to post this one on the Edge, it flips some people off their chair :biggrin:

"What makes this skater so dominant is his meticulous attention to detail. Improvement isn’t a choice to him; each of his performances must be stronger than the last, whether that comes from higher technical difficulty, smoother transitions or a deeper connection with the audience. For this reason, Hanyu continues to shatter his own records and add quads to his unparalleled technical arsenal."

Nice article, but this is a university newspaper and the author is a 19/20 year old student. Looks like more of a blog post.

Well, as a university professor that teaches 19/20 year old students, I don't see my students less adult than a 29/30 year old. IMHO, age does not necessarily bring more wisdom. If you go through the previous articles of the author on Nathan Chen, Gracie Gold,... without looking her up I doubt you can guess her age on a stereotypical basis. I also really liked her writing style and choice of words :agree2:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Translation of Oda's commentary for Origin. I cut the comments during the performance since mostly he was calling the elements.

Oda: This is amazing.

Announcer: He looks he is satisfied! He thanks the ice!

O: Amazing. Well, the axis of rotation on 4Lo at the beginning was a little lean, so it won't get much GOE. But other than that, all were the elements of +(GOE). From what I have seen, spins and steps were all level 4, it looks like it is going to be huge score.

A: He looks regretful or smiles shyly even when he has great performance, but today he gave a pleased look like "yes".

O: Indeed. Landed jumps were all in high quality even in Hanyu's standard, so GOE in those areas will be pretty extended.

A: In other words, the jump contents have been changing into harder level.

O: Yes. Of course, he didn't do quads of more difficulty such as 4Lz, but if you can execute the jumps with very high quality, this beautifully, you will still be evaluated about the same (as 4Lz etc). This is 4Lo at the start, a little, yes his upper body looks like leaning to the left but he still fully rotated it, so he will get 10.5 point, BV of 4Lo. This 4S is really beautiful, relaxing on his shoulders. Well, overall, these jumps have many transitions and when I look at him, I feel it must be hard for him to perform this program with quads. But this time, I didn't see such a trouble at all, he really skated full program in a series of flows. (about 4T) This is wonderful. GOE is 3.94, I feel it could be higher, he has less strength on his shoulders on this 4T in the second half of the program. This is the new element, 3 jumps sequence ends with 3F. I think the success of this jump here will be great confidence for Hanyu. Ahh, this is great. He was so powerful until the end and showed no fatigue at all, it was amazing performance.

I like Nobu's commentary, he is not biased, he states what he believes could be bettered but is also hugely - and without a scrap of envy - appreciative of just how wonderful Yuzu can be and was last weekend.

MarkinBerkeley

On the Ice
I think the competition between Yuzu and Nathan is very good for the sport. I could honestly see Yuzu winning the World Championships again. I mean, why not? Just one so-so landing in the free skate, otherwise really exceptional.