Yuzuru Hanyu | Page 39 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu

Magill

Record Breaker
I'll definitely be watching for announcements! It's now all OVER twitter, of course. Clearly, Disney liked the numbers they have achieved so far if they're now going worldwide :yahoo::jump::yahoo::jump:even if we don't get the stats, this is a statement.

It's especially significant at a time when the ISU is putting competitions behind paywalls and making it harder and harder for people to find and watch the sport, that one of the biggest streaming companies worldwide is going to show one skater worldwide. And think what it is bringing Yuzu in exposure and in profits. GIFT looked like a huge risk at the time of announcement, but it - and Prologue, and NS - have given his pro career the very best takeoff imaginable.

I'm over the moon for him.
Could not agree more!! I am really so happy for him that he gets all the recognition and love (and money, I guess) that he deserves.
And for us, the fans and casual viewers, to get such a treat! Just wow!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Could not agree more!! I am really so happy for him that he gets all the recognition and love (and money, I guess) that he deserves.
And for us, the fans and casual viewers, to get such a treat! Just wow!

Deciding to do his own solo shows, let alone something the size and brilliance of GIFT, was a massive risk in every way including financial, had it not worked out he could have lost a fortune. He didn't have to go all out for quality and top production the way he did (and SOI demonstrably doesn't!) but he did it for his fans and definitely deserves the money and fame, as well as the love.

Yuzu's career both comeptitive and pro is proof that quality will bring the audience.

ankifeather

Final Flight
Kose billboard advertisement of Hanyu in China

And the line of fans to see Hanyu's boots in Chinese cities are insanely long ( I feel like this is even longer than lines at Disney :eek:); the fact they had to employ staff to help divide and manage the line that won't even fit on one level of department store. This is just a line to see an exhibit of his skating boots. Imagine what will happen if he ever do a show in China

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Kose billboard advertisement of Hanyu in China

And the line of fans to see Hanyu's boots in Chinese cities are insanely long ( I feel like this is even longer than lines at Disney :eek:); the fact they had to employ staff to help divide and manage the line that won't even fit on one level of department store. This is just a line to see an exhibit of his skating boots. Imagine what will happen if he ever do a show in China

To see his boots. I repeat, to see his boots. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them are also hoping to show him the welcome he will get if he does have shows in China/outside Japan.

And the news about the singer from Yuri on Ice being contracted to the second half of FAoI... eeee, the battle for tickets is gonna get even worse again.

Last edited:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Disney+ have announced a worldwide stream of GIFT, plus extras :clap: details to be announced but what a thrill!

:hap10::clap::hap10::clap:
That's great news, just on the last day of the extension of replay on Disney + Japan. Some may think it's not totally random... but it's smart.
Something that may have induced them to decide to buy Worldwide copyright (except Continental China) is that GIFT was in the top 3 of the most viewed things in March (in March, not in February...) for Disney Japan, maybe the first:

Still about numbers, the first poll after the pre-sales draft for Fantasy on Ice in Makuhari, shows that the success rate was 62.8% for May 26th, 45.9% for May 27th, 50.3% for May 28th. It's a bit higher than last year, but last year, people could buy up to 4 tickets at once, while this year it's 2.
Very known singers have been announced for the part B of the tour, in Niigata and Kobe, and many fans fear a bloodbath to get a seat; as the fanclub of one of these singers (Dean Fujioka) has got reserved seats, some fans of Yuzuru Hanyu's, who didn't even know this singer previously, are considering becoming members of his fan club, hoping to get one of these tickets.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That's great news, just on the last day of the extension of replay on Disney + Japan. Some may think it's not totally random... but it's smart.
Something that may have induced them to decide to buy Worldwide copyright (except Continental China) is that GIFT was in the top 3 of the most viewed things in March (in March, not in February...) for Disney Japan, maybe the first:

Still about numbers, the first poll after the pre-sales draft for Fantasy on Ice in Makuhari, shows that the success rate was 62.8% for May 26th, 45.9% for May 27th, 50.3% for May 28th. It's a bit higher than last year, but last year, people could buy up to 4 tickets at once, while this year it's 2.
Very known singers have been announced for the part B of the tour, in Niigata and Kobe, and many fans fear a bloodbath to get a seat; as the fanclub of one of these singers (Dean Fujioka) has got reserved seats, some fans of Yuzuru Hanyu's, who didn't even know this singer previously, are considering becoming members of his fan club, hoping to get one of these tickets.

I saw that! GIFT first broadcast in February, so those figures were for repeat viewings too.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yuzu performed One Summers Day for this show (he's doing a different one each time, it seems!) and fans are mourning because it's not livestreamed, but someone did say that there were cameras so maybe later on? Or fancams? Or anything...

This was a glimpse from Piper's instagram post.

he had to run because he changed into the Ashura-chan costume for the finale:)

Magill

Record Breaker
Yuzu performed One Summers Day for this show (he's doing a different one each time, it seems!) and fans are mourning because it's not livestreamed, but someone did say that there were cameras so maybe later on? Or fancams? Or anything...

This was a glimpse from Piper's instagram post.

he had to run because he changed into the Ashura-chan costume for the finale:)

Great he skated it, sad it happened on the day with no streaming! But, alas, maybe he will do it once again for one of the coming shows! Unless he goes for each of them just once and none will be repeated...
On another note, I can't help but really love this picture , there is something so serene about it...

Last edited:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Here's Boku no Koto, his last video, which is a nearly 6 minute program with 5 quads and 2 3A which still manages not to look like a jumping fest:

Here's an analysis of its steps sequence:

Magill

Record Breaker
Bits of One Summer Day from the SOI Day 3 got on the news together with a short backstage interview. Yuzu said when he first made the program he thought he would perform it only at the Tokyo Dome, but.... he discussed it with many people and decided to include it in the SOI.

Translation summarized from here:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Summers Day has bolted into so many people's favourite programs and we CAN'T SEE THE WHOLE. But here's a good gif of some of it.

Not only the skating but the costume... it has to be some of Ito's very best work.

Magill

Record Breaker

Most important take-away for me so far is that he seems to be happy, radiant and thriving again, confident and in good shape and place both physically and mentally! I am really very happy for him and how this first pro-season has evolved !!
And , it also gave us so many beautiful photos like this one

Last edited: