Zhang Zhang changed their SP back to Piano Fantasy | Golden Skate

Zhang Zhang changed their SP back to Piano Fantasy

TeensTeven

Spectator
CCTV reports today that Zhang/Zhang has changed their SP "Sing sing sing" back to the 2007-2008's program "Piano Fantasy" by Mrvica Maksim after the disaster GPF.

Hao Zhang said that they decided to change their SP since last Monday and now they have rechoreographed their "Piano Fantasy" to suit this season's rules. Yao Bin felt satisfied with their new Olympic season's program.

Last edited:

Hikaru

Final Flight
I wish they had gone back to last season's SP. I though they were marvelous at the world championships, they really performed that program so beautifully.

KayMil01

On the Ice
Probably a good decision to change the program. Sing Sing Sing IMO didn't suit them AT ALL, they didn't have the personality to pull that program off well.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I wish they had gone back to last season's SP. I though they were marvelous at the world championships, they really performed that program so beautifully.

I have been waiting for this one ever since their first event this season. Sing Sing Sing was a huge mistake for them, I think she just hated performing it and so always messed up. I agree, in that they should have used "The Swan" again, that was just great for them, but maybe they did not want to be compared to Kawaguchi and Smirnov who will be skating it better.

yqs100

On the Ice
thats a right decision, and please change the LP costume too

Meanwhile, Pang/ Tong trained with Morozov in Japan for one week to make some small changes and work on the details for their SP
Also Morozov is helping them "improve" their LP costume.

Shen/ Zhao are in the States with Lori this week to polish their programs , they said they believe their programs will be better in the Olympics. (I hope Lori can re-edit the SP music,,especially the ending)

Fae

Rinkside
Finally...

Please also consider doing away with the metallic bikini and tube top pronto!

Last edited:

TeensTeven

Spectator
Yao Bin had claimed in an interview after GPF that they are considering to change Z/Z's LP costume, but he also said that the most important thing for Z/Z now is not the costume, but the technical elements.

cornell08

Final Flight
But its hard to take the program seriously, even if the elements are well done, if the costumes are distractingly silly/strange. I don't like Morozov for them...so much of the choreo looks awkward. I feel like they may benefit from going to David Wilson...course not right now. But maybe in the future.

Last edited:

hongligl

Final Flight
That is definitely a good move! I loved their "piano" SP very much! That was the first time I found that they did have the sparks and personalities on the ice. The looked very sharp and cool.

I wish they change the LP costumes too!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
and what about the cuts of Sherezade? whoever cut the music butchered it...repeating the same phrases over and over, abrupt cuts from one piece to another...just terrible.

B

bingbing

I am just so happy to hear Z/Z changed their music back to Pinao Fantasy made by William Joseph which created the ever SP record and fits them more.I hope they could return to normal before Olympics.
If possible, the music Changjiang is also a good choice for their LP.May they succeed!