- Papadakis and Cizeron to debut season at French Masters
- Making history good starting point for Israel’s Daniel Samohin
- New beginnings for Russia’s Maria Sotskova
- Pas à pas for Japan’s Suto and Boudreau-Audet
- Russia’s Loboda and Drozd prepare for test skates; Junior Grand Prix
- Shoma Uno raises bar for 2016-17
Mariah Bell leads after novice short program
- Published: January 24, 2011
Mariah Bell is currently in the lead after the short program, followed closely by Barbie Long, and Hanna Miller.
Bell (Rocky Mountain FSC) landed all of her planned jumps in her routine to East of Eden which included a double Axel, a triple Salchow-double toe loop combination, and a triple toe loop. All elements received positive Grades of Execution (GOE) and she scored 41.91 points.
Long (Springfield FSC) is right on her heels with 41.77 points. She had a solid skate which was highlighted by a triple loop, double Axel, and a triple Lutz-double toe combination, and a level 4 layback spin. She was one of two skaters who attempted the triple Lutz, but was the only one who landed it clean.
Performing to Singin’ in the Rain, Miller (Lansing SC) fell on her opening triple Salchow (meant to be in combination with a double toe), however, recovered to land a triple toe and added the double toe to that jump. She also landed a double Axel and earned a level 4 on both her layback and combination spin. She currently has 39.43 points.
Alana Walker (Los Angeles FSC) is fourth with 35.11 points.