- Sinitsina and Katsalapov: Road to Improvement
- Uno ‘wows’ again in Spokane; Brown ponies up
- Medvedeva flawless; U.S. ladies pull weight for North America
- Weaver and Poje helps nudge Team North America ahead
- Duhamel and Radford score big for Team North America
- Uno lands historic quad flip at Team Challenge
Mariah Bell leads after novice short program
- Published: January 24, 2011
Mariah Bell is currently in the lead after the short program, followed closely by Barbie Long, and Hanna Miller.
Bell (Rocky Mountain FSC) landed all of her planned jumps in her routine to East of Eden which included a double Axel, a triple Salchow-double toe loop combination, and a triple toe loop. All elements received positive Grades of Execution (GOE) and she scored 41.91 points.
Long (Springfield FSC) is right on her heels with 41.77 points. She had a solid skate which was highlighted by a triple loop, double Axel, and a triple Lutz-double toe combination, and a level 4 layback spin. She was one of two skaters who attempted the triple Lutz, but was the only one who landed it clean.
Performing to Singin’ in the Rain, Miller (Lansing SC) fell on her opening triple Salchow (meant to be in combination with a double toe), however, recovered to land a triple toe and added the double toe to that jump. She also landed a double Axel and earned a level 4 on both her layback and combination spin. She currently has 39.43 points.
Alana Walker (Los Angeles FSC) is fourth with 35.11 points.