- Papadakis and Cizeron to debut season at French Masters
- Making history good starting point for Israel’s Daniel Samohin
- New beginnings for Russia’s Maria Sotskova
- Pas à pas for Japan’s Suto and Boudreau-Audet
- Russia’s Loboda and Drozd prepare for test skates; Junior Grand Prix
- Shoma Uno raises bar for 2016-17
Nathan Chen leads after novice short program
- Published: January 24, 2011
Nathan Chen (Salt Lake Figure Skating) is currently first after the short program with over a 6-point lead. Lukas Kaugars (Broadmoor SC) is in second, followed by Jordan Moeller (Northern Ice SC).
Chen, who performed to Rawhide, landed a double Axel, triple flip, and a triple Lutz-double toe combination. His fast spins both earned a level 4 and he earned positive Grades of Execution (GOEs) on all elements. He earned 52.47 points – the only skater to break the 50-point barrier.
Kaugars is second with 46.43 points. The 15-year-old landed a triple flip-double toeloop combination, a double Axel, and a triple Salchow. He also earned a level 3 for his straight line step sequence.
Moeller performed a solid program to Little Wing which featured a triple Salchow-double toeloop, a triple toeloop, and a double Axel. He received a level 3 for both spins as well as his straight line step sequence, and has 45.05 points going in to the free skate.
Nix Phengsy (All Year FSC) with 43.88 points.