2014-15 Japanese Nationals Mens SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2014-15 Japanese Nationals Mens SP

alebi

Medalist
How old is Shoma? Does he have any more growth spurts? If so, he need a big one NOW.

I enjoy watching him but seriously.. but he has a little bit of that Miyahara problem except I am not sure who's shorter. I am reminded of watching Napoleon on ice!

During Junior Gran Prix Final I saw him grown-up compared to last year (or at least to the memory I had about him)... His 3A is so much improved.. and the quad is pretty stable... So I think he has definitely grown

Meoima

Match Penalty
How old is Shoma? Does he have any more growth spurts? If so, he need a big one NOW.

I enjoy watching him but seriously.. but he has a little bit of that Miyahara problem except I am not sure who's shorter. I am reminded of watching Napoleon on ice!

He is 1m54 and he's 17 already so I think he will stay the same. He might reach 1m60 but I highly doubt that. Most Asian men have done with growth spurt by this age. And his body type doesn't seem to be the type to grow more at this point.

Meoima

Match Penalty
For the record Napoleon was 1m68. And by his time standard his height was quite decent. :laugh:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
During Junior Gran Prix Final I saw him grown-up compared to last year (or at least to the memory I had about him)... His 3A is so much improved.. and the quad is pretty stable... So I think he has definitely grown

I really like him as an exceptional Junior at the moment. He at least skate BIG on deep edges with great musicality despite his size, but I think his scope at Seniors may be limited due to comparable impression. He is very impressive artistically!

Lydia1703

On the Ice
He is 1m54 and he's 17 already so I think he will stay the same. He might reach 1m60 but I highly doubt that. Most Asian men have done with growth spurt by this age. And his body type doesn't seem to be the type to grow more at this point.

Judging new photos taken with Yuzuru, Shoma is taller than 154cm :scratch:. I think we need photos of him and Machida together :think:

Caustica

Final Flight

Miyahara is shorter; she is less than 150cm. I don't really consider Shoma's height a problem though because he has a pretty big presence on ice.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
For the record Napoleon was 1m68. And by his time standard his height was quite decent. :laugh:

Oh really? Is that with Skate Boots? Must be a british thing, I have always thought he is some thing like 5 ft. :D

AprilS

On the Ice
Kozuka. Stahp. :cry: (oh well, not unexpected) He was great after the jumps though, apparently! :)

alebi

Medalist
I really like him as an exceptional Junior at the moment. He at least skate BIG on deep edges with great musicality despite his size, but I think his scope at Seniors may be limited due to comparable impression. He is very impressive artistically!

you are right, he was another thing compared to all the other junior in Barcelona, but I need to watch him with senior. I noticed the same thing with Nam Nguyen, who I liked in junior but honestly this season... he seems so slow and little :think: